Star Conflict 1.9.2 Tip of the spear (Discussion)

123.jpg.e073b83a6f56f0641dd82dcbe32d4a69.jpg

Welcome to the [Star Conflict 1.9.2](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/40847-star-conflict-192-tip-of-the-spear/)discussion topic!

The design of Protazan looks more shiny than expected. GJ to design team.

Balanced Seed-chips

• A set of ten common Seed-chips
  • 50% bonus to experience for 30 battles

Looks like mistake, since in game shows “Balanced” instead of “Common”, and they are quite different.

Am I the only one who thinks the weapon concept art looks like it would make a rad looking ship?

Also I honestly like this new mission grind. It lets you decide how much effort you want to put in, and rewards you accordingly. It’s nice.

100000% better than battle pass events, but there really needs to be more ways to make xenochips, or the main missions for the event need to grant more xenochips per completion.

Hey there.

Day one of the event was extremely misleading - between the poor translation (PvAi or PvP in a squad = team battles?) and the false sense of security from the maniac medal mission; it really didn’t give a good sense of how bad this event is going to be.

If you did all possible missions on Day 1 you’d be on 257 chips. From Day 2 onwards you are looking at a grand total of  57 chips  per day. That’s pretty f*cking pathetic when you need  2000  for the cabin container.

It’s a minimum of 32 days to get the 2,000 required xenochips for the ship cabin.

So I hope you didn’t want anything else from the store.

1 hour ago, TheDerpNukem said:

It’s a minimum of 32 days to get the 2,000 required xenochips for the ship cabin.

So I hope you didn’t want anything else from the store.

^^^^^^

Can we get an official answer about the method of obtaining the Protazan cabin?

We have this task: 

Trial of Jericho

• Performed once
  • You need to complete 35 “Proof of Courage”, “Proof of Honor ” or “Proof of Loyalty” tasks
  • As a reward, you are given access to purchasing a chest with the ship’s cabin

And we have this note:

From September 30 to October 20, pilots will have access to the following bundles:

(…)

“Protazan ship cabin” pack

• A set with a cabin for the “Protazan” ship
  • It becomes available for purchase after completing a series of challenges
  • The cost is 2000 xenochips

Does it mean that to obtain the cabin player needs to complete those 35 tasks which are respawning every 22 hours AND in the meantime gather 2000 xenochips? Or is the “chest with the ship’s cabin” mentioned in Trial of Jericho description is different from “Protazan ship cabin” pack?

12 minutes ago, niripas said:

Can we get an official answer about the method of obtaining the Protazan cabin?

We have this task: 

And we have this note:

Does it mean that to obtain the cabin player needs to complete those 35 tasks which are respawning every 22 hours AND in the meantime gather 2000 xenochips? Or is the “chest with the ship’s cabin” mentioned in Trial of Jericho description is different from “Protazan ship cabin” pack?

The 35 task mission is what unlocks the ship cabin pack for 2000xc.

To complete it, you must do 35 of the 22 hour tasks.

HOWEVER, these tasks alone do not supply enough xenochips to purchase the ship cabin bundle. You must complete ALL the missions that reset daily in order to save enough xenochips for the pack.

Tl;dr: This is correct: “Does it mean that to obtain the cabin player needs to complete those 35 tasks which are respawning every 22 hours AND in the meantime gather 2000 xenochips?

What fox said.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:12 AM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Am I the only one who thinks the weapon concept art looks like it would make a rad looking ship?

Also I honestly like this new mission grind. It lets you decide how much effort you want to put in, and rewards you accordingly. It’s nice.

100000% better than battle pass events, but there really needs to be more ways to make xenochips, or the main missions for the event need to grant more xenochips per completion.

Battle pass events are easy. Without PvP/SpecOps you can only get 30 xenochips daily in Protazan event, way too low to get the cabin before event ends. Also Battle pass give tons of rewards, especially if you pay. Protazan DLC is overpriced and costs more than two battle passes and gives only ship. I don’t play much and play mainly for relax, so I skip PvP. For me the Protazan event is crap, I prefer battle pass events much more, they actually gives you a choice to decide how effort you want to put in and choose what you actually want to do.

Yeah, the PvP requirements are the only part about this one that suck a lot. (And the xenochip requirements lol)

So it looks like this ship is impossible for me to get, given that I’m missing out on at least 10xc a day due to, like a drifter, having been born to walk alone. Pity.

So another iteration and another massive wall between the community and the developers. 
We’ve gone above and beyond the age of Destroyers meta at this point with the majority of battles having 5-7 Destroyers on field at once with  almost every single one bringing either gravitational lens or crystalline suppressor.
Yet the nerfs the Emperor and Relic weren’t pushed.
Heck, the nerf to Omega-B that was on test magically wasn’t in the patch notes so we’re currently banking on dataminers to see whether it happened or not.

The xenochips are still a massive headache with every single container being a massive nub trap for anyone who actually wants to chase the ship.

Small tidbits:

• Raven buffs were neat and bring it closer to viable but ERM-3 is still atrocious

• Shelter shield is still unruly as hell and far too niche - would be more useful to follow the crosshair and wouldn’t go against the design of the module
    • Harpoon is actually good now
  • Waz’got changes are a bit late but actually reasonable

• The majority of them are consistency changes
    • Patron nerf seems major but in reality you rarely patron the same person more than once
  • Hazardous Veil nerf is far too soft

• The module has the same effect on battles as “gravitational lens” but with almost half the up time and no negative effect on your own team
    • It needs a duration reduction and a slight active range reduction
  • Wormhole Stabiliser is still problematic

• This is the  SECOND  size increase and you still miss it every time if you activate while strafing
    • At this point the module should instantly warp you on initial activation, this is ridiculous
  • Boosted Charges.4, Lens system.4, Armor-piercing shells Mk.4

• Pirate Ion Emitter is so far from base it’s not funny

• Energoplasmer isn’t dead

Balance aside, new brawl sounds like it will be unplayable for international players with massive collision damage and the inability to stop moving. Beyond that, why wasn’t the brawl available on Day 1.

Protazan event is still beyond painful with specific PvP requirements meaning  you have to drop everything to chase that medal , effectively throwing the match unless you somehow magically pull it off while doing objectives.
Beyond the painful PvP meta making specific medals and requirements complete hell.

Why are the xenochip containers such massive traps. If you buy EVEN ONE you cannot get the ship. What was the point.

I will say about new brawl: Just Bad.
First, fixed point of view is not my taste, I like zoom out as much as I can for situation awareness.
Second, as someone said above ping is the problem.
Third, the system does not show how to destroy the station, you grab the bomb then what? How to remove the shield around the beacon? Need to explain in game.

23 hours ago, SilverIris said:

First, fixed point of view is not my taste, I like zoom out as much as I can for situation awareness.

This! I knew something was bugging me about this mode, and it’s that I can’t zoom out at all to see my surroundings. 
It’s also extremely unhelpful that you can’t strafe or stop.

As for destroying the shields, you simply need to shoot them. It takes quite a bit of damage but if you use your missile they go down very quickly.

Just a reminder for people that are trying to get a Protazan ship.

If you are chasing every single task as soon as possible, there is a chance that you will end with all 35 missions for Trial of Jericho done but with less than 2000 xenochips. 
So at 34/35 point make sure you have enough xenochips for the cabin as all tasks to earn xenochips will disappear as soon as you complete the Trial of Jericho. 

2 hours ago, niripas said:

as all tasks to earn xenochips will disappear as soon as you complete the Trial of Jericho.

At this point I’m not entirely sure, the wording of the event is far too vague

On 10/2/2021 at 2:01 PM, TheDerpNukem said:

At this point I’m not entirely sure, the wording of the event is far too vague

It’s pretty clear in RU version of this patch note:

Таким образом, у каждого пилота после выполнения задания “первичный отбор” откроется задание “Испытание Иерихона”. Пока оно доступно, у каждого пилота будут доступны задания серии “Доказательство”, одноразовое задание “Испытание сильнейших” и 2 квеста серии “Испытание”

So basically:

“Thus, after completing the “initial selection” task, each pilot will have access to “Trial of Jericho” task. As long as the task “Trial of Jericho” is available, each pilot will have access to tasks of the “Proof” series, a one-time task “Trial of the Strongest” and 2 quests of the “Trial” series”.

The only information we have till when the task “Trial of Jericho” is available says - till it’s completion. So based on this you can come to conclusion in my previous post.

It’s been a month and we are still guessing how to fulfill so tightly packed event. [@ORCA1911](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/254263-orca1911/) would you mind ask the dev team how does this event work, please?
Are all the tasks gone after completing the Trial of the Jericho? Will the xenochips be available to purchase somehow?

The task will be gone naturally once finished but the xenochips tasks were always available until the end of an event or begin of next patch, there was no talk of cutting things early so far unless some smarty-pants coded things the other way around without notifying anyone, everything should be as it always was.

Coming here for the obligatory: This is straight up impossible for anyone not die-hard doing pvp every day. The requirements for this ship seem unreasonable, I’m doing Crimson-haze daily for 35 days (almost there), and apparently I’ll additionally need to have 2000 xenochips because it only makes me eligible to purchase the ship cabin. I have nearly 900 xenochips at the moment, I’m away from stable wifi (no pvp) for a week, I’m completely out of luck.

Hey there developers or whoever is in charge, I’d like to give my feedback in the most constructive way possible, so here goes.

Looks like an interesting ship, even if the executor already kind of filled the Jericho LRF role, I like the design and functionality as it is on paper. I’m kind of enjoying the daily task of Crimson-Haze, it wasn’t very popular but it’s a good PvE run without many complications, long timers or RNG involved, so it’s nice to run, great choice.

The PvP challenges, as others above mentioned as well, I am not very happy to see, although that part is definitely just personal opinion. However, you are looking at running a minimum of 2 matches per day, more if you get the 1000 effectiveness times 3 battles, which is truly only possible as a steamrolling juggernaut in a team battle, or being on the winning party of a beacon capture match. I unfortunately don’t have the motivation for such, and I fear that I am not a minority in that one, since I am a ‘dedicated veteran’ from 2013 and keep up with every update, and even have a decent amount of time to spend per day. Good to see some tasks being completable in Skirmish/AI as well, though some clarity in the description of what counts in there would be nice.

Finally, even though I run the PvE daily and have done a bunch of the other xenochips tasks (about a week’s worth in total ish), I’m not even at half the required xenochips. Aditionally, as others have said, purchasing any other bundle from the store permanently puts you out of reach for the ship cabin. I think that this needs to be rebalanced - why require xenochips for the cabin, as it already requires you to dedicate 35 days of Crimson-Haze (or the other two) to unlock it?

I’m not expecting anything to change, but it seems reasonable to bring it up at least. The GS->Xenochips conversion is outright ridiculous for anyone that hasn’t made a fortune in trade, just my opinion.

Still enjoying the game though, won’t be leaving over thinking a grind is unreasonable, I’m hoping this adds to the (unfortunately somewhat distant) relation between the players and developers

I have spend most of the 2000 Xenochips for useless seed chips not knowing that 2000 Xenochips is needed for the Protazan cabin. What was behind creating such a horrible situation for the players? What is the point of this event, if not to build the ship?!?

Please give us the 75% discount for Protazan DLC - it is the fair price for a regular 16 level ship. I prefer to pay a bit to support the developers (what I’m doing from time to time in SC).

I was playing this game every day since 2013 (some beta) with a few longer breaks and I’m missing only 3 ships on my account.