Star Conflict 1.8.0 Faction Wars (Discussion)

1.jpg.88e8dd2e377830a9d39a571637d39e86.jpg

Welcome to the [Star Conflict 1.8.0.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/40290-star-conflict-180-faction-wars-stage-one/) discussion topic!

Better late than never but uhhh yeah.

Summary of update:
WHY IS RELIC SPLIT BETWEEN TWO PHASES.

Since most have finished the phase and are relaxing atm, it should be the best time to review it all. It’s a top rank destroyer, it’s somewhat expected to not be so easy to obtain i guess.

First rule about Fight Club - Don’t talk about Fight Club

why are pirate ecms still able to cloak

17 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

It’s a top rank destroyer, it’s somewhat expected to not be so easy to obtain i guess.

Yeah but it isn’t difficult at all to get the components. Its just tedious because you have to wait a month and a half.

24 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

you have to wait a month and a half

To get the parts for free.

PRo6aDM_700wa_0.gif

34 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

To get the parts for free.

PRo6aDM_700wa_0.gif

There hasn’t been a permanent free addition to the game since Ze’ta. That was over 2 years ago now.

I don’t quite follow.

• Drynwyn  - Added July 19th, 2018 - Event exclusive
  • Ze’ta - Added December 20, 2018  - Manufacturable January 4th 2019, Permanent addition
    • Balanced Swarm, April 11 2019, Permanent addition
  • Custodian - Added June 20, 2019, Event exclusive.
    • Fast Swarm, July 25th 2019, Permanent addition
  • Black Ghost -  Added October 24th 2019, DLC , Event exclusive (bruh)
  • Hammerhead  - Added December 19th 2019, Event exclusive
  • Marten  - Added December 19th 2019, Event exclusive
  • Scylla  - Added March 26 2020, Pseudo event - now extremely hard to obtain.
  • Gungnir  - Added April 28th 2020, Pseudo event - now extremely hard to obtain.
  • Tornado  - Added June 16th 2020, Event exclusive.
  • Raven  - Added September 3rd 2020, Event exclusive.

As to regards of Gungnir and Scylla. It is not realistically possible for a new or casual player to start from scratch and specifically farm for those two ships. Gungnir is exclusively Sector Conquest which means only a very, very, very small subset of players receive components at all for the ship and Scylla’s components which you need an absolutely insane amount of them to make the full ship and equipment isn’t even available in the US/OCE time zone. You either do Portals or try be on for EU/RU sec con.

I’m assuming the point is clear then? If Relic *wasn’t free* the game would die. Completely unrelated - Everspace 2 is shaping up nice and clean. Optimised fairly well for unreal engine, combat is similar in principle as SC, Open world with actual stuff to do other than ramming your head into a wall of RNG… good time.

1 hour ago, TheDerpNukem said:

I’m assuming the point is clear then? If Relic *wasn’t free* the game would die. Completely unrelated - Everspace 2 is shaping up nice and clean. Optimised fairly well for unreal engine, combat is similar in principle as SC, Open world with actual stuff to do other than ramming your head into a wall of RNG… good time.

And it doesn’t cost your kidney + your firstborn. But yeah, the game is pretty much what Star Conflict OS should have been.

Which then to add to the damned list of event  exclusive  ships - Raven and Tornado parts aren’t even tradeable yet so if you were missing a couple of parts when their events ended you were out of luck because hahahahahahaha.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:55 PM, TheDerpNukem said:

It’s just a shame Everspace 2 is a single player game. I’d play it from the start if it would have multi + competetiveness.

1 hour ago, Jonagoldz said:

It’s just a shame Everspace 2 is a single player game. I’d play it from the start if it would have multi + competetiveness.

Yeah it’s a bit of a shame but the game is early access so maybe in the future?
Uhh right to the topic of the game - can someone tell the developers to  never ever  do a 3 week content break when a ship release is split between updates? Or just never split ship releases between updates ever again?

Sure thing, please stop with the everspace thing now ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

4 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Sure thing, please stop with the everspace thing now ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I mean sure but also can we stop getting releases split between updates. Especially this…           far…                       apart…

If the ship isn’t done then maybe just don’t release it/add it to the live build.

Sure there are datamines and leaks 'cause official information is few and far between but we at least know stuff we look at via those sources aren’t final or coming soon. Stuff teasing you in game as an endgame player is far more frustrating; especially at the level of Relic.

We don’t know build cost. We don’t know weapon cost. We didn’t know a module even existed till a day ago (officially). So there is no option but to put everything on hold till it comes out. Dropping everything for 3 weeks isn’t fun.

Relic Heavy gauss is really bad and needs a buff.

Useless except for sniping LRF.

14 hours ago, Neoncreeper1MEDK said:

Relic Heavy gauss is really bad and needs a buff.

Useless except for sniping LRF.

I don’t think it is useless per say but it has very limited usage and way less reliable than coilgun. Being able to smack people from 6k away (horizon + 1 charge) for over 5k damage isn’t that underpowered given most maps are nearly empty on the top and bottom. So you can quite easily flank with it.

The thing is absolutely horrid versus any other Destroyer though.

10 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

I don’t think it is useless per say but it has very limited usage and way less reliable than coilgun. Being able to smack people from 6k away (horizon + 1 charge) for over 5k damage isn’t that underpowered given most maps are nearly empty on the top and bottom. So you can quite easily flank with it.

The thing is absolutely horrid versus any other Destroyer though.

The thing is though, that Relic on its own doesnt oppose as nearly as much threat as Ze’ta - yes, the cluster torpedo is OP af atm but thats about it. Whenever its on cooldown, you are hands down screwed. Not even mentioning the fact, that it will most definitelly get nerfed hard. The special module is mediocre at best (lets face it, if u arent dumb, u wont get smacked by it) and the gauss cannon is absolutelly useless - frigates are quite possibly the only ships its useful against.

So yeah, Relic is pretty much a letdown (atleast for me)

39 minutes ago, DaRealSlimOopsie said:

lets face it, if u arent dumb, u wont get smacked by it

I think you’re giving 90% of the player base too much credit. I have killed a  lot  of people with their own stuff just today alone.

40 minutes ago, DaRealSlimOopsie said:

gauss cannon is absolutelly useless - frigates are quite possibly the only ships its useful against

…No I was have a pretty easy time killing interceptors and fighters with it. Try using Uranium shells, a pulse discharger and a couple of infrareds along with it - makes a world of difference. Quite easy to hit interceptors at around 5-6km using high projectile speed.