Star Conflict 1.6.9 (Discussion)

f045911cb3b04a9dea5050a3b61a.jpg

Welcome to the [Star Conflict 1.6.9.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/39599-star-conflict-169-paper-conflict/) discussion topic!

Paper Conflict is fun idea, gets boring really fast because its basically Survival with Paper Planes. You are limited in what you can do massively, no experimentation or ways to play the game ruins the long term fun of the gamemode, similar to Beetle in the Anthill except its more even and less unbalanced. Just boring.

Scylla I will get asap, sad that all we get after waiting so long in terms of content is some new ship and a brawl that is pretty lame. Nothing else, can’t consider event DLC content.

Nice, funny, something new.

One question though: what’s the logic of not being able to build the new engi with a full stock of monos? If so, why not limit them to 1000, or 2000? Same for xenos, the 1000 limit seems pretty low, considering one node for Zeta needs 400 (or more).

For me patch itself is ok, but only one thing is problem.

“Elite Mission” that gives 200 GS is not valid atm.

Please confirm whether “blocked Elite mission” is intended or not.

Yay paper planes!

Tbh event modes like this need to have their own button to join them instead of being in rotation but that’s just my humble opinion.

Overpriced limited DLC 0/10 would not buy. *salute to my favorite joke ship ever*

Not sure about Scylla yet bc it seems like a Leagues-only ship. And I never play those any more so whatever. I’ll keep an eye out for it to see how OP it is before it gets nerfed.

+1 bug: https://store.gaijin.net/404.php

this when i click “DLC” on Scylla. Just curious how much that package costs, but why can’t you even see it, not mention buy it? :slight_smile:

Oh boy, here we go.

Paper bois

The new game mode is fun and although my initial reaction was a resounding ‘meh’ once you pick up on tactics and adpot a seperate approach to combat in the mode it can be very rewarding, although very silly. Nice office by the way.

The interceptor is balanced exclusively by the fact it’s gun is a bow weapon, if it wasn’t a bow weapon it’d be overwhelmingly overpowered.
The fighter’s rocket is legitimately overpowered. It’s basically a free kill despite the fact that main weapons take 2-3 shots at most to get a kill.

Frigates are  massive  for the map scale. Like you can see a frigate from their spawn clearly. Like hawt damn those bois  t h i c c   with three c’s.

Scylla

ON PAPER this ship looks like it’ll stir up the controversy pot once more. It’s main weapon lists it drains  energy on hits , not allied hits meaning if this isn’t a typo just trying to defend yourself will empty your capacitor completely.

The special module, aka Energy router 2.0 is hard to judge on paper although it looks like the second operation mode will be widely ignored by most players in public PvP as the safety of Brokk and Waz’got lays with their ranges.

The unique module is unique I’ll give it that. It looks like it’ll be fun to use since I do enjoy Hybrid Missile but if the drone is too weak it may end up being pointless to use since repair stations don’t have explosive mitigation like Hydrid missile’s drone does.

Acquisition of the ship however. That’s… oh man. Lemme tell ya.

IF VITAL RESOURCES ARE GOING TO BE PUT INTO SPEC OPS LOOT POOLS, THEY SHOULDN’T BE SO PAINFUL TO RUN

First the Ze’ta resources, now Energy Router packages. The drop rates of these things combined with the diluted loot pool makes it appear the developers want you to complete a couple dozen Special Operations in a day - but that isn’t going to happen with Dynamic scaling. Enemies ramp up  way too quick  in public runs, yes it’s tolerable with a fully chipped  wing  but when you are supposed to complete dozens upon dozens of these missions making them artificially difficult by jacking up enemy EHP and damage and pigeon holing everyone into using the exact same ship - it stops being fun almost immediately. If dynamic scaling was to stop Seed chips from breaking Special operation’s mechanics then  just disable Seed Chips in Spec ops and leave them active in Open space, Pve and skirmishes and reduce the difficulty to what it used to be.

April Fools Oddities

Although yes it is tradition, having turrets be twice as tall as an Interceptor can be quite painful to look at so although yes I appreciate the paper turrets over the crab claws - maybe adjust the scaling a bit more so they don’t stick out so much…

Pirate Destroyers???

They were supposedly introduced in the ’ New Threat’ update but there has only been one confirmed sighting by  me. Why is there no clear communication on how the spawn mechanics of these ‘bosses’ work and _ where they can spawn at the least _. Saying they can spawn anywhere leaves it so far up in the air it isn’t funny.

Papa Crab’s

The community has made it  VERY CLEAR  we don’t like timed DLC access. If it was just a small window to  BUY it  yeah that’d be fine, heck I’d even reccomend both of them that exist so far but  LIMITING ACCESS OF A DLC TO LESS THAN A MONTH IS NOT OKAY. PEOPLE HAVE PAYED MONEY TO ACCESS THESE FEATURES, THEY SHOULD BE AVAILABLE CONSTANTLY.

Task Machine broke

Yeah might wanna fix that.

Hello Pilots,

Any one can answer about “Elite Mission” that gives 200 GS is not valid atm, please,

Thanks

1 minute ago, Damalma said:

Hello Pilots,

Any one can answer about “Elite Mission” that gives 200 GS is not valid atm, please,

Thanks

12 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Task Machine broke

Yeah might wanna fix that.

It’s a bug.

Is there a way to turn off these “paper conflict” main weapon skins? I really don’t like them.

There are a few technical issues that should be fixed soon™, please be patient  ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

16 hours ago, OmegaFighter said:

Paper Conflict is fun idea, gets boring really fast because its basically Survival with Paper Planes. You are limited in what you can do massively, no experimentation or ways to play the game ruins the long term fun of the gamemode, similar to Beetle in the Anthill except its more even and less unbalanced. Just boring.

By far the absolute lamest “event” content I’ve ever seen in +10 years of online gaming.

Anyone else seeing this “-100%” discount on the  Executor and Boremys? Got my hopes up and then realized it was the same price as usual.

screenshot-200327-093605.jpg.e02c6e1b35cfaf97bd4a30a2382d7051.jpg

| Error report |
| Describe problem and what you saw | The Executor and Boremysare listed on sale in-game it says -100%, but have no price change |
| What you expected to see | Either a sale price, or if not on sale, then no discount label. |
| Conditions in which error reproduce | All the time. |
| Problem details | The Executor and Boremys on sale for -100% but it is not the case. |
| Frequency of reproduction | always |
| Time of bug | 9:43AM EST |

19 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

There are a few technical issues that should be fixed soon™, please be patient  ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Yeah, I see, they “fixed” the 200GS mission by removing it completely  ![:016:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/016.png “:016:”)

Hello Pilots,

Thanks

I earned the first licence yesterday, the 24h time reach it s end this afternoon, i look for the new task to win the 2nd licence today but i dont find the task.

It s another tec problem ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Stay at cocpit !

The “Stay at home” quest, which is supposed to be daily, only appeared for the first day. I haven’t gotten it again eversince. Dear Gaijin, I would appreciate it if you’d stop lying to your customers!

Soooo… first things first: Not so sure about those oversized paperguns, but why not… thought definitely oversized…

Second point: (Over and over again…) back to what TheDerpNukem said earlier :

On 3/26/2020 at 6:34 PM, TheDerpNukem said:

IF VITAL RESOURCES ARE GOING TO BE PUT INTO SPEC OPS LOOT POOLS, THEY SHOULDN’T BE SO PAINFUL TO RUN

First the Ze’ta resources, now Energy Router packages. The drop rates of these things combined with the diluted loot pool makes it appear the developers want you to complete a couple dozen Special Operations in a day - but that isn’t going to happen with Dynamic scaling. Enemies ramp up  way too quick  in public runs, yes it’s tolerable with a fully chipped  wing  but when you are supposed to complete dozens upon dozens of these missions making them artificially difficult by jacking up enemy EHP and damage and pigeon holing everyone into using the exact same ship - it stops being fun almost immediately. If dynamic scaling was to stop Seed chips from breaking Special operation’s mechanics then  just disable Seed Chips in Spec ops and leave them active in Open space, Pve and skirmishes and reduce the difficulty to what it used to be.

Third and last point, about those parts for Scylla… So If I get it right, then all the players who :

1# Don’t play in a corp OR

2# Play in a corp who ain’t active/strong enough to reach for portals OR

3# Don’t play portals because they don’t want to OR

4# Don’t play portals because their corp doesn’t want to

Can actually zip it, because there’s no way they’ll ever have the said ship (If it isn’t for those horrible drop rates in Spec Ops) ???  ![:00:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00.png “:00:”)

To summarize my feelings about the last patch:

A, Scylla, A PERFECTLY BALANCED SHIP #sarcasm   ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”) ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”), is nearly impossible to get due to the special parts being like…probably reaaaally special, coz the drop rates are horendous and server stability / quality is somewhere between a chopped telephone pole and an indian customer service . And believe me when i say that this makes it alot more difficult.

B, Next thing - ZETA remains unchanged - are developers actually insane? How much resources do you have to sink in to get ATLEAST to the 3rd special module? As it has always been, Zeta is just completelly out of my list, its incredible expensive and iam not that insane to farm through entire spring/summer for one damned ship (same applies to Scylla, the trend of making things out of reach is somewhat popular in this game, ![:015_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015_2.png “:015_2:”))

C, Papa Crab - really…a 10 bucks DLC that’s available for a “limited amount of time”, so after a couple of weeks we are all gonna hula hoop and Papa goes _ poof _ - if thats worth it to anyone, well even a cut off elephants foot is probably too. Plus the ship itself isn’t even fun to fly, i guess its from that bucket of  "I gotta hurry " ideas.

D, Those stupid looking paper guns - i don’t have anything against April Fools, but i think there’s a fine line between fun and looking like an idiot.

E, And to top it all off - Paper Conflict. Don’t get me wrong, if you actually wanted to, it’s not missing that much to be actually entertaining even after first 15 minutes of play (for instance - the map is tiny, ships huge and afterall, there are only 3 with 1 ability each, i’d say that’s a good example where to improve). But in this state it seems like, again, it’s from that good ol’ bucket i mentioned…

So no, if this patch is to be categorized, it’s nowhere near the better ones we’ve seen so far.

Re: Biomorphed ships

Has anyone been able to quantify a stat buff, or is this just a reskin? I actually thought they were going to get the Ellydium style upgrade tree, and had been looking forward to it.

13 hours ago, Nexusbot said:

Third and last point, about those parts for Scylla… So If I get it right, then all the players who :

1# Don’t play in a corp OR

2# Play in a corp who ain’t active/strong enough to reach for portals OR

3# Don’t play portals because they don’t want to OR

4# Don’t play portals because their corp doesn’t want to

The portals reward is way worse than Spec Ops. At the best optimal rate it still would take at least 2 month to get the required resources. The other problem with Portals is more, that it is a SINGLE sector in a SINGLE time zone. I’m currently getting ~12 of these resources per day from portals, which would make it 200days to get the ship…