Star Conflict 1.6.0 (Discussion)

702976f61308867a599b87ab78d3.jpg

Welcome to [Star Conflict 1.6.0.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/38103-star-conflict-160-rise-of-giants/) discussion topic!

1: PvE rocks now but squads are still useless unless you all fly the exact same rank

2: you shouldn’t have “released” the destroyer yet. That’s just cold.

3: I still don’t have a Hunter.

4: item cap increases for some things was nice, but imho they all need to be 10,000 like the highest cap. (because we all know your excuse about the system re work not handling the infinite numbers is bs.)

5: at least make the monos cap 1000

6: credits are still kinda in limbo. Easy to get but easier to spend. Why is everything so hecking expensive. For real a single dessy module is over 8mil cred

7: I love you

8: merry Christmas and happy holidays and all that jazz.

Everythings crap, release the Ellydium dessy!!

1 hour ago, DeathWasp said:

Everythings crap, release the Ellydium dessy!!

Dessy not done yet. Not completely at least.

Maybe it is an attempt for funding, but making everything so damn expensive lately is really starting to get irritating. 2,500,000 credits for Box of Minerals… seriously??? That takes a big chunk from players who don’t have millions of credits at their disposal. I need that container constantly to make supercooled charges from the crystal shards. And why 500 GS for the aerography/paint?! They’re just designs… it’s not like they’re giving advantages or creating imbalance, why charge so much for personal customization? Can’t players just have some freedom to make their ships look how they want and not have to be charged so much for it? It’s not like we’re painting cars here…

If this constant price-increasing, the new GS bundles, and the 1mil GS giveaway are really to draw some sort of funds in for the game… maybe it’s gone about wrong? Instead of expecting large payments from the remaining players this game has, how about this…

Read through the forums, gather suggestions/opinions/input/complaints into a comprehensive list and/or database, then after making careful considerations, then improve the game in any way, shape, or form based on all that useful information that’s been accumulating for several years now on here. By doing this… you’ll get more positive outcomes, making players happy, then they pay for premium stuff/DLC, not just that, but if players think this is a good game… they might tell their friends, other gamers, or leave positive reviews that will won some over. Small increments may come in… but with a steady amount of active players, and ones that are happy with updates/content/gameplay, they’ll be more likely to purchase more frequently (and maybe in higher amounts), and as the playerbase increases, those small payments will stack fast! Obviously this idea/process would take some time, but in the end I’m sure it would be more effective and we’d see better results!

So there, those are my thoughts for the time being…

I have to say something about new system.

Expecially about some skyrocketed trading cost. (For example : single Dart component skyrocketed from 300 golds to 1000 golds)

This is really bad move, since we should farm at least 3000 golds to make a single special ship (except Gagoyle and Dart)

and who want to sell this part also cannot do anything but to salvage, since nobody buys a single component at 1000 golds.

I want to hear explanation from Devs about this result.

Once again, guess I’ll have to take it upon myself to make some proper criticism here:

The new mission system is nice, T5 used to be too easy and not give enough of a reward, now you can go as high as having your destroyer be one-shotted and earn more than a million credits/game, it’s just that every game takes more than 20 min, the scaling system needs to be fine-tuned, in defcon’s case the demomen deal next to no damage, turtles have almost no health, but the cruiser turrets almost one-shot destroyers, the insignia system that gives you permanent upgrades in PvE is also nice, you’ll eventually be boosted enough to stand up to those mobs, encouraging and rewarding fidelity for that game-mode, it’ll keep people busy for a while, I also noticed that some missions got reworked, different placement for some objectives and new assets here and there, check out Ice Belt, look closely at the map and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

The new mission is nice, I see they are keeping the pattern of multiple routes, it’s just that most of the objectives are very far away, makes sense since it’s the scale of a dreadnought, but you’ll need some coordination to be efficient there, once again, scaling is a little off, some enemies deal too much damage, others not enough.

As for the new destroyer, not much to say about it, the module lineup seems interesting, we don’t have stats on everything tough, but I trust that this time the balancing will be better *wink wink*.

More mono and xeno tasks are welcome, can be done both in PvP and PvE.

R14 destroyer DLC is also nice, skips a lot of grind, but it mostly resides within the modules, hope they will improve that system some time.

The new bundles are a bit, well, controversial, one one hand they are only skins, literally no point in buying them, most of the time you will be the only one to see it in battle since ships are small and move fast, on the other hand, the ones for Dart and Gargoyle are a bit expensive and so are the parts from the trade, they did mention that they drop on rank 11 and 12, I haven’t tried it out yet, we should know where, when and how they drop, if some people would like to help me out researching that I wouldn’t stop them.

The bad:

• Why increase cost of Dart etc. parts prices on trade? There was already huge amount of parts nobody wanted to buy. I doubt anyone sane will buy them now.

• Price of paints was increased x10, oh.

• Prices of paint bundles. Insanely overpriced.

PvE changes:

Interesting but executed horribly. I can’t stand playing lvl 1-3 missions that are insanely easy to finish and gives insanely small amount of money. When someone chooses lvl1 then mission becomes lvl1, why? It should be average value rounded up, so it 3 people choose lvl5 and there’s someone who chooses lvl1 to troll other, target level would be (5+5+5+1)/4 rounded up, in this case lvl4.

Also, I’m not able to choose what mission I want to play. Please return us our freedom.

Another thing, “deadly challenges” should give more insignias and should unlock next level of next mission. It’s not worth playing normal missions for credits but deadly challenges are insanely limited because of only 3 maps.

And finally, old missions paid at least ~100%-200% more. Each level gives 4% so because I can’t choose the map, insane amount of missions to level up just one to that lvl25-lvl50. That’s why deadly challenges should unlock next level in much faster time.

The neutral:

• Please don’t lock Elly destroyer behind GS paywall. It’s not funny. You did it with new Jeri command. You did it with new paint bundle which is equivalent to “I am rich” app from iOS. Can you give us a ship with no GS needed? And don’t lock it behind needing more monocrystals than 500 limit allows us. Use Xenocrystals for it.

Conclusion:

• GS prices are rising everywhere, rewards when playing without premium are insanely low, all new things are being locked behind huge GS paywalls, missions feels like playing tutorial with almost nonexistent rewards. Instead of trying to bring old/new players into the game, you behave like you want to milk existing small amount of players as much as possible.

34 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

The new bundles are a bit, well, controversial, one one hand they are only skins, literally no point in buying them, most of the time you will be the only one to see it in battle since ships are small and move fast, on the other hand, the ones for Dart and Gargoyle are a bit expensive and so are the parts from the trade, they did mention that they drop on rank 11 and 12, I haven’t tried it out yet, we should know where, when and how they drop, if some people would like to help me out researching that I wouldn’t stop them.

Dart and Gargoyle do indeed drop at rank 11 and 12 and the whatnot as they mentioned, however what happens is you’ll receive access to a special cache for 3 hours upon receiving getting access via a loot node in trophy search. The cache costs 100 iridium if I recall correctly and only has Dart or Gargoyle parts in it depending on what one you got.

On the other hand, how the flipping heck do we get the Boson Cannon and Quantum Railgun during this event. I’ve seen the Dart cache over and over but nothing for weapons, modules or modifiers.

6 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Once again, guess I’ll have to take it upon myself to make some proper criticism here:

The new mission system is nice, T5 used to be too easy and not give enough of a reward, now you can go as high as having your destroyer be one-shotted and earn more than a million credits/game, it’s just that every game takes more than 20 min, the scaling system needs to be fine-tuned, in defcon’s case the demomen deal next to no damage, turtles have almost no health, but the cruiser turrets almost one-shot destroyers, the insignia system that gives you permanent upgrades in PvE is also nice, you’ll eventually be boosted enough to stand up to those mobs, encouraging and rewarding fidelity for that game-mode, it’ll keep people busy for a while, I also noticed that some missions got reworked, different placement for some objectives and new assets here and there, check out Ice Belt, look closely at the map and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

The new mission is nice, I see they are keeping the pattern of multiple routes, it’s just that most of the objectives are very far away, makes sense since it’s the scale of a dreadnought, but you’ll need some coordination to be efficient there, once again, scaling is a little off, some enemies deal too much damage, others not enough.

As for the new destroyer, not much to say about it, the module lineup seems interesting, we don’t have stats on everything tough, but I trust that this time the balancing will be better *wink wink*.

More mono and xeno tasks are welcome, can be done both in PvP and PvE.

R14 destroyer DLC is also nice, skips a lot of grind, but it mostly resides within the modules, hope they will improve that system some time.

I agree 99%.

I was hoping for some toning down of some of the more ridiculously damaging weapons and easy to use modules.

Other than that, great patch. Pve is fun again ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Well with the release of the “minor” update we got a bit more of a glimpse at what Ze’Ta is meant to be and furthermore a bit of an eye opener at the resource cost (I wasn’t aware if the cabin cost was visible before, but I can see it now).

So first and foremost; the cabin cost. Ze’Ta looks like it is being marketed as a very end game ship unlike Thar’Ga and Tai’kin and even Waz’got to an extent with the Destroyer Cabin cost being obscene compared to the production cost of the other Ellydium ships, with the current slated price being 300 Composite blocks (reasonable), 5 shield structures, 5 hull structures, 5 computing structures and 350 monocrystals. At this point I don’t see why monocrystals are still being defined as “rare” when they are being used in such large quantities to produce stuff like this since you need:

-150 monocrystals for the 5x computing systems
-125 monocrystals for the 5x exterior structures

-150 monocrystals for the 5x shield systems

-30 monocrystals for the 300 composite blocks

-350 for the final manufacturing of the cabin

I don’t know about you but if a resource was defined as f**king rare you wouldn’t need over 800 of it to make one thing. Just a bit of a thought.

Eh hmm, spoon full of salt aside, with the minor update we also finally got to see some of Ze’Ta’s module values, which on paper look semi-viable but after taking the Ellydium repair malus into account and the situational awareness that is needed to operate most of these modules to their maximum - things start to look a bit sketchy.

The main parts of clarification that I personally was thinking of sat mostly around the maximum usage of the module(s), especially with swarm control and landing platform as a couple of the questions that came to mind when looking at the modules were:
A)Is there a maximum range that the swarm can travel under control?

B)Could you dock another Ze’Ta and stack the repair effect?
C)What happens when the swarm is destroyed. Is there a respawn timer or is it gone till the ship itself repsawns?

D)Is the defence mode’s range properly justified by the swarms damage? Does it properly protect against Covert Ops attacks or is it just a meme?

2 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Well with the release of the “minor” update we got a bit more of a glimpse at what Ze’Ta is meant to be and furthermore a bit of an eye opener at the resource cost (I wasn’t aware if the cabin cost was visible before, but I can see it now).

So first and foremost; the cabin cost. Ze’Ta looks like it is being marketed as a very end game ship unlike Thar’Ga and Tai’kin and even Waz’got to an extent with the Destroyer Cabin cost being obscene compared to the production cost of the other Ellydium ships, with the current slated price being 300 Composite blocks (reasonable), 5 shield structures, 5 hull structures, 5 computing structures and 350 monocrystals. At this point I don’t see why monocrystals are still being defined as “rare” when they are being used in such large quantities to produce stuff like this since you need:

-150 monocrystals for the 5x computing systems
-125 monocrystals for the 5x exterior structures

-150 monocrystals for the 5x shield systems

-30 monocrystals for the 300 composite blocks

-350 for the final manufacturing of the cabin

I don’t know about you but if a resource was defined as f**king rare you wouldn’t need over 800 of it to make one thing. Just a bit of a thought.

Eh hmm, spoon full of salt aside, with the minor update we also finally got to see some of Ze’Ta’s module values, which on paper look semi-viable but after taking the Ellydium repair malus into account and the situational awareness that is needed to operate most of these modules to their maximum - things start to look a bit sketchy.

The main parts of clarification that I personally was thinking of sat mostly around the maximum usage of the module(s), especially with swarm control and landing platform as a couple of the questions that came to mind when looking at the modules were:
A)Is there a maximum range that the swarm can travel under control?

B)Could you dock another Ze’Ta and stack the repair effect?
C)What happens when the swarm is destroyed. Is there a respawn timer or is it gone till the ship itself repsawns?

D)Is the defence mode’s range properly justified by the swarms damage? Does it properly protect against Covert Ops attacks or is it just a meme?

Oh. The prices were ninja increased. It was ~4 ship parts + 200 monos. Soon we will have to have 15x of each ship parts + 500 monos. Anyway, using monocrystals everywhere in quantities way above the limit is getting dumber and dumber.

3 hours ago, Gon009 said:

Oh. The prices were ninja increased. It was ~4 ship parts + 200 monos. Soon we will have to have 15x of each ship parts + 500 monos. Anyway, using monocrystals everywhere in quantities way above the limit is getting dumber and dumber.

Well as the pricing stands right now this isn’t a ship you get early game and upgrade over your playtime. It seems like the devs aimed this one specifically for veterans in particular since new players have so many other mono-sinks to deal with since getting at least one Rank 8 Destroyer and one Rank 11 Destroyer is mandatory for some of the clearance missions.

Increase in price was NOT welcome tho. Like wth.

I just recently got my monos up to the cost and they go and increase it. Ffs. Next they’ll say we need 10x of each node part to make the modules instead of 1 and 4.

Are the prices for aerography/paint going to go back to 50??? 500 each is seriously overkill and again, it’s not like paint/aerography is giving anyone power or advantages, it’s ship customization. Please take this into consideration, I don’t like my ships looking boring…

1 hour ago, Exarus said:

Are the prices for aerography/paint going to go back to 50??? 500 each is seriously overkill and again, it’s not like paint/aerography is giving anyone power or advantages, it’s ship customization. Please take this into consideration, I don’t like my ships looking boring…

They can charge whatever they want to aesthetics. The fact that it doesn’t alter gameplay at all and that it’s completely optional means they could charge 20$ per ship to paint and it would still be perfectly acceptable. A bit crazy, but acceptable; as this is a means for the devs to actually make money off the game and continue to run servers.

14 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

They can charge whatever they want to aesthetics. The fact that it doesn’t alter gameplay at all and that it’s completely optional means they could charge 20$ per ship to paint and it would still be perfectly acceptable. A bit crazy, but acceptable; as this is a means for the devs to actually make money off the game and continue to run servers.

I’m sorry, but… I still think 500 GS for aerography is pretty absurd. Not all of us have the luxury of having thousands of GS at a time…

By the minor change, PVE mission becomes much funnier than before.

I can even say EVER!

For example, before the minor patch, in captured dreadnought, what you have to do is just click hard to kill turrets and it was just time-consuming, but now turret’s HP become reasonable and enemies become much tougher.

Second, refit system seems to be changed.

I check the Dart for example, before it costs 5000000 to refit.

Now, it just cost only 1000000 to refit.

I called it. Another ninja price increase. Now we need 750 alien composite blocks for the cabin. Also, blueprint says that it’s “available for purchase”. I’m 99% sure that by this they mean that it will be available for GS.

2 hours ago, Gon009 said:

I called it. Another ninja price increase. Now we need 750 alien composite blocks for the cabin. Also, blueprint says that it’s “available for purchase”. I’m 99% sure that by this they mean that it will be available for GS.

Yeah another price increase. Available for purchase probs means it’ll be available for credits like most other ship components. Well that or hey hi hello, time for another loot box.