Star Conflict 1.5.7 (Discussion)

591ebd550c872512b7f2efe16046.jpg

Welcome to discuss [Star Conflict v.1.5.7!](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/37692-star-conflict-157/)

Hello, 

as big fan of this game I feel obligated to comment this patch,

excuse me for my honest opinion if you don’t like it.

I start with things that should be done in this patch by my opinion to have better SC game;

Removal of one Tier   - NOT DONE

Removal of low-rank buffs - NOT DONE

Hot joining is not removed - BAD 

[Trolling Poll](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/37641-new-matchmaking-method/&) + ignoring 75% of your playing community - EXTRA BAD 

Grinding in open space for modules and weapons is still here - BAD 

The energy converter is still in game - BAD

Cutter + Deconstructor  still OP - BAD - this gives the bad smell of P2W 

LRF auto aiming drone is still no skill easy hit of ships that are bigger than intys - BAD

Loot after battles is still boring - BAD

I got feeling that I can count on forever here so I better stop

Fire support PvE is jumping from extra easy into extra hard - if we wouldn’t be forced to do PvE because of quest I wouldn’t care but we are forced - UNHAPPY

There are some good things here too;

The quest for new ship - OK 

Design of new ship is nice - GOOD

Is new ship OP? - TO BE SEEN

Also, you made some NINJA changes too, why aren’t they posted?

[@John161](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/143536-john161/) had to post link in game instead of you?

Here, fixed that for ya.

27 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

(…)

Removal of one Tier   - DONE

Removal of low-rank buffs - BUFFS REDUCED

[Trolling](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/37641-new-matchmaking-method/&) - EXTRA BAD 

The energy converter is still in game - LEARN TO STOP SHOOTING WHEN ACTIVATED

Cutter + Deconstructor  still OP - HEAVILY REDUCED - weakest intie weapon

LRF auto aiming drone is still no skill easy hit of ships that are bigger than intys - NO SUCH THING

Loot after battles is still boring - JUST GOT ENRICHED ELECTRUM -GOOD. NO ONE CARES ABOUT POST BATTLE LOOT.

(…)

Fire support PvE is jumping from extra easy into extra hard  -  normal, tiered difficulty levels. if we wouldn’t be forced to do PvE because of quest I wouldn’t care but we are forced - UNHAPPY (why? You wanted to have tiers back!)

Just now, OwnageMaster said:

28 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Hello, 

as big fan of this game I feel obligated to comment this patch,

excuse me for my honest opinion if you don’t like it.

I start with things that should be done in this patch by my opinion to have better SC game;

Removal of one Tier   - DONE - Lie I posted you yesterday R6 against R17 and today is same  I have new screens from today  http://prntscr.com/kme4qj -Extra bad

Removal of low-rank buffs - BUFFS REDUCED - reduced is not removed – BAD

[Trolling](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/37641-new-matchmaking-method/&)  - EXTRA BAD - [Trolling Poll](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/37641-new-matchmaking-method/&) + ignoring 75% of your playing community - EXTRA BAD 

The energy converter is still in game - LEARN TO STOP SHOOTING WHEN ACTIVATED - Are you stupid? I’m not alone in game module is shi t should be removed - BAD

Cutter + Deconstructor  still OP - HEAVILY REDUCED - weakest intie weapon

LRF auto aiming drone is still no skill easy hit of ships that are bigger than intys - NO SUCH THING 

Loot after battles is still boring - JUST GOT ENRICHED ELECTRUM -GOOD. NO ONE CARES ABOUT POST BATTLE LOOT. - yes exactly because those are not interesting make them interesting

(…)

Fire support PvE is jumping from extra easy into extra hard  -  normal, tiered difficulty levels. if we wouldn’t be forced to do PvE because of quest I wouldn’t care but we are forced - UNHAPPY (why? You wanted to have tiers back!)

Also what I wonder here is are you developer or CEO here since you are heavy defending game? You had good games yesterday with Cr0, lucky you, but why did you disconnect after 30min when it was so great?

I had sh ity games 7 from 8 were hot joining.

Let me make this simple for you Niri;

How would you like to jump on girl and there are already 5 guys doing ….

List of not mentioned changes:

• Decrease of low Rank buffs
  • Regenerative Coating buffed by 100%
  • T’Har’Ok beamer buff by 10%
  • Ion Emitter DMG buff by 7%
  • WL13 Emitter (Brokk) DMG and Heal buff by 5%
  • Multiphase laser DMG and Heal buff by 5%
  • Scatter Gun DMG buff by 7%
  • Plasmer DMG buff by 15%
  • Plasma Devastator DMG buff by 15%
  • Plasma minigun DMG buff by 10%
  • Plasma Discharger (Herald) DMG buff by 7%
  • Gordon’s missile launcher DMG buff by 5%
  • Sniper drone ‘Partner’ DMG buff by 22%, Projectile Speed increase by 33%, Optimal Range by 66%, Spread decreased by 50%
  • Misc PvE Changes

26 minutes ago, John161 said:

List of not mentioned changes:

• Decrease of low Rank buffs
  • T’Har’Ok beamer buff by 10%
  • Ion Emitter DMG buff by 7%
  • WL13 Emitter (Brokk) DMG and Heal buff by 5%
  • Multiphase laser DMG and Heal buff by 5%
  • Scatter Gun DMG buff by 7%
  • Plasmer DMG buff by 15%
  • Plasma Devastator DMG buff by 15%
  • Plasma minigun DMG buff by 10%
  • Plasma Discharger (Herald) DMG buff by 7%
  • Gordon’s missile launcher DMG buff by 5%
  • Sniper drone ‘Partner’ DMG buff by 22%, Projectile Speed increase by 33%, Optimal Range by 66%, Spread decreased by 50%
  • Misc PvE Changes

Yeah that’s nice, but what about the new announcer in monolith? That’s by far the most important thing.

10 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Yeah that’s nice, but what about the new announcer in monolith? That’s by far the most important thing.

Sry, I should have extended the Misc PvE Changes point. I promise it will not happen ever again that I will mist to mention such a important change.

21 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

i was like WHO’S THAT!? the first time  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

*Mentions removal of auto afterburner key.*

Why?? Why was it removed? Yes, most people did not use it. But there are some who did. Do people, who didn’t use the key benefit from this change? I don’t think so. Do people who did use the key suffer from it’s removal? Yes. 

So why was it removed? Can we have it back?

29 minutes ago, Not_rusty said:

Why?? Why was it removed? Yes, most people did not use it. But there are some who did. Do people, who didn’t use the key benefit from this change? I don’t think so. Do people who did use the key suffer from it’s removal? Yes. 

So much this!

Please, it’s so usefull.

I have never seen Deelena answering our feedback, not even once from her, so whatever I post here, it does not matter. This discussion is just a formality.

I suppose that no one cares, no one reads, and no one gives any official feedback as a result.

If you want to give feedback, you better head to the Russian Forum.

I guess they don’t like foreigners here, even though we made it possible to sustain this game for over six years and counting…

3 hours ago, John161 said:

List of not mentioned changes

My builds are happy with this change. Also, I’m happy that squads are back with 4 man squads getting games. Requesting that 12 man wings be able to get games too. Pilots from the same corporation entering the same battle must preferably be placed on the same side to improve corporation play and atmosphere as well as to move the game further into team play and grow the community positively towards a consistently growing and fond playerbase with values for the long term for star conflict as a whole. Remember, 1. they start as a single lone wolf. 2. They see large groups playing together and start forming squads. 3. Corporations grow larger or new ones are formed with long term pilots who love the game and the team play. 4. The population of active players grows to healthy and robust levels. 5. Profit.  6. Make wings in pvp possible in tier 3. Ranks 12-17. 7. Make the tiers as such - t1 ranks 1-5, t2 ranks 6-11, and t3 ranks 12-17.

Judging by the patches alone and the direction the devs are seeming to turn to, though i’m unable to get on until i get a computer again, Star Conflict is almost to the point where i would be comfortable happily referring people to the game. Just make sure you guys are actually implementing what you’re writing and, keep listening to our community <3   also, as for the rank buffs, they’re not a bad thing, but here’s how they should be implemented: the buffs must only be active for the highest rank ship per each shipline within each individual faction. The buff for that ship line will be removed on one of these two conditions alone- 1. The next ship of the same class directly within that shipline is purchased and the buff itself is transfered to the higher rank ship. And/or 2. The ship gains maximum synergy thus disabling the buff. These two standards for where the buffs may be implemented will ensure to deter vets from going down ranks by removing the buff from them by them already meeting the requirements for the removal of the buff per each ship line, unless they have yet to farm one of the shiplines of course though unlikely,so they can’t simply use it to farm, while giving nubs the buff advantage and pushing them to rank up when the synergy hits max levels or when they purchase the next ship down the line. Note, if you get to rank 9 down, say, the jericho ecm line, the buff will not be active for jericho ecm’s rank 8 and below, but as for the other lines, say you’re still only rank three on commands or one of the other shiplines, the buff will still be active for those until one of the two conditions are met. As for premium ships, the buffs must only be active until you reach a higher rank ship of any type in any faction to remove the loophole for vets who only farmed one faction but buy premium of another faction. The other option is to remove the buffs from premium ships entirely. Of course it goes without saying that the buffs will be reduced the higher up the ranks you go. And that if you only just started down the empire ecm line but you’ve maxed the jericho line the buff will still be active for the empire line until one of the two conditions are met. If you sell a ship of your highest rank within a single shipline, it will still count as the ship with the rank bonus and the bonus will not count for the ships below it within the same shipline. Non free synergy must be added to the ships automatically after each battle and they must automatically level up once the non free synergy reaches its peak, so no one may prolong how long they may keep the buffs active per ship. 

5 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

Also what I wonder here is are you developer or CEO here since you are heavy defending game? You had good games yesterday with Cr0, lucky you, but why did you disconnect after 30min when it was so great?

I had sh ity games 7 from 8 were hot joining.

After over an hour. My daughter asked me to help her practice her form. We were waiting for you to come for 20 minutes. 

Also - as you can see - I am not defending anything. Just calling out some lies. Tiers are back - you won’t meet a person with 10 games fighting R17s. Low rank buffs are reduced to the point that actually I don’t think they have any advantage. Nightingale trying to face engie one on one explodes nicely. R12s have some buffs but they are almost neglected by faster reload on R13+. R7s? Usually suck. I killed Archelon with Zhen today. And that was a properly built Archelon. Deconstructor cannon is now the weakest gun for inties. Cutter with that cannon vs my engie = cutter dead, I had still 40% of hull left. I played some random games - solo - as well. I wanted you to join to see those heavy unbalanced games as from total 12 games 2 were won by a landslide (one team took light ships and no engie vs frigball + dessie + 2 engies and the second one - detonation, 2/3rd of a team took slow ships on 20km+ map vs 700m/s interceptors and a gunship). 

Regarding energy converter - if people know what are they doing it’s a slot waster. Fighting squad vs squad every single time someone was using EC - other were stopping shooting him. So you are asking for module to be removed, because people are too stupid to understand how it works. Maybe then remove gunships? They are doing so much damage to engineers. Oh and remove engineers - they can HEAL team. And then remove destroyers - cause without gunships and engineers the only counter for them will be a covertops - which is OP as it can kill you if you are flying straight. And flying straight nowadays is common, because you can aim easier. Oh - and LRFs! I forgot about LRFs. They can hit you from 10km and you cannot fight them back - they are OP!!! This whole game is based about learning what ship can do what and what can you do to help or block that ship from doing so. Is it a module, weapon or the ship itself. It’s called countering. So if you have a module that the only counter for it is to do NOTHING - well, that’s HARD, right?

The “waves” that are emitted by the defense protocol on the burntrice don’t hardly deal any damage at all. Not only do they fly way to fast to deal damage, but the damage they DO deal is so menial it can be out-regenerated very quickly. It should act more like a 1:1 pulse for damage, where pulses hit enemies much like singularity projectiles, dealing full damage once while passing through.

5 hours ago, Not_rusty said:

Because some people had a bad habit of accidentaly turning it on and had a bad experience with it because of said bad experience. Not saying i was the one that brought it up, but it is something i had to deal with regularly from time to time while strafe fighting and trying to keep my energy capacitors at max capacity for optimal shield regen. The key should still be there, but the default setting should be placed away, far away from the in-game flight controls.

I’m really glad I completed my Octopus the hard, expensive way a week before this update.  ![:012:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012.png “:012:”)

3 minutes ago, Invader9908 said:

I’m really glad I completed my Octopus the hard, expensive way a week before this update.  ![:012:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012.png “:012:”)

Try doing that with the dessies before they became easy, i must have spent over 600 on that Tyrant alone, if memory serves.

2 hours ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

Try doing that with the dessies before they became easy, i must have spent over 600 on that Tyrant alone, if memory serves.

Lmao and I spent… A few weeks? Maybe an hour a day?

Maximum effort.

Oookay so here we are…

I’m gonna try keep things a bit shorter this time since most of the ninja changes were discovered.

Boremys

Let me get this out right off the bat: the ship looks great. I understand the aesthetic is supposed to be that of an advanced Archelon and it does indeed meet the criteria as it holds a similar shape, colours and component placement.

Now then, to a more obvious issue from those who don’t even have the ship. The special module acquirement method is beyond outdated and furthermore far too time consuming for most modules - meaning that most players  will never get the special module  simply because it needs far too many components for what it’s worth.

Ninja changes to PvE

I didn’t realise fun was illegal.

Changes to Manufacturing costs

This was much needed since the cost of almost every craftable ship was far too high previously - especially destroyers. Either way, this was needed to ease off the grind a bit… well… a lot.