Star Conflict 1.5.4 (Discussion)

448dd738cb6662f381b738ff0b8d.jpg

Welcome to discuss [Star Conflict v.1.5.4](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/37150-star-conflict-154/)!

Oooooh

Am I the first? I am the first!

xD

Executor seems nice. Interesting modules (on paper), plus it is like a Premium ship.

Not sure how well it fares in real combat, since probably no one has it yet.

One bizarre point tho, 150 hull Regen on a Jericho Long range???

Once a Jericho LR lost its shield, it is probably already over. Hull Regen on a ship that relies on shield(and stealth) rather than hull??? 

Oh, 1.5.4 Discussion is up now. Gimme a sec, gonna edit this in a bit to a wall of text with feedback.

Yes, I think Mr Balance man still has work to do.

Okay here we go.

The Executor (paper based discussion, don’t have the ship yet)

Deployment

The current event for the Executor’s deployment seems fair and allows players to gather a large amount of the required parts in a short period of time, which overall is nice compared to the massive grindwall for the other rank 16 and 17 ships - however, as per usual you can bypass the deployment event if you have enough standards stockpiled from trading or the recent GS purchase bonus, although I have only seen personally 2-3 people do this.

Is having the ship made out of components good? Yes. The massive grind for the other r16 and 17 ships is far more tedious and time consuming than completing the Broker’s tasks for ship components, with that being said I believe that the Broker should always have tasks for ship components which either rotate on a monthly basis or allow you to choose out of a set of parts.

Overall, the initial deployment for the Executor is actually being handled pretty well. Nice work.

The ship itself (on paper)

The Executor itself seems like a solid JLRF, with the three shield slots, 3 CPU and 1 hull as per the norm it seems which is more than enough to create a solid build around. The passives of the ship on the other hand are… unique to say the least. To start off, the Executor has a 10% maximum speed bonus which strikes me especially as odd as this is not only a LRF but a Jericho LRF which usually needs nothing to do with speed but more to regeneration, damage or survivability. Secondly,  it is the first non-ellydium ship in the game have innate hull regeneration  which is massive as Jericho Longe ranges usually have to rely on shield regeneration modules, RT or EM scattering field to survive more than a few seconds within one encounter, let alone multiple - which with innate hull regen the Executor could prove effective for hit and run tactics (at a range of course).

The primary weapons of the Executor on the other hand are a unique choice and seem to be tailored to countering the cancerous meta Star Conflict is currently dealing with as it massively reduces enemy manoeuvrability - I don’t have much else to say about it since I don’t have the ship, so I can’t say for myself how well it performs.

Special Module Acquisition

This is one of those places where the Devs need to sit down with some of the veteran community members and just listen. Special module acquisition on premium|standard ships is one of _ the  most tedious grinds in the game right now, as the task requires 3 different stages, with one of them almost guaranteed to require specific elemental kills in PvP, and has a stupendously high chance to  only reward one part _. A suggested change to this, as I said in another thread, would be to:

-Give a component cache at each completed stage

-Make the mission able to be completed more than once per day (a 3 hour cooldown for example)

-Remove the single component drop

With these changes the acquisition of special modules as a whole in the game would be vastly improved and seeing non-standard modules in random PvP matches would be a much more common sight.

Operation 'Monolith’

This, on the other hand is where Mr Balance man and I need to sit down and have a talk. Operation Monolith right now is comparable to Ariadne’s Thread in terms of tedium and difficulty, as the masses of Ai that spawn make beacon captures difficult and now with the damage and health buffs - make even defenses difficult due to the pure annoyance that each different unit brings to the field. The problem with this comparison however, is Ariadne’s is easier to solo and rewards more credits. Monolith has nothing to give over that.

My suggestions to change this would be:

_ -Lower overall enemy health by 25% _

_ -Decrease spawn rate or give a cap/lowered cap to the maximum amount of enemies present _

_ -Give more opportunities to increase credit gain _

This mission is close to being both enjoyable and profitable, as before the mission was enjoyable as you could do whatever you wanted and still have a solid chance at winning but instead the mission wasn’t profitable but now the mission is more tedious and difficult to do whatever you want without risking failure, but the mission is semi-profitable.

Summary

This patch, although shallow on content delivers older players a decent task to complete with a relatively obtainable and rewarding goal. Front Blaster and Deconstructor still need further nerfs and Monolith still needs a bit more tweaking. I haven’t played PvP enough after the hotfix to know if the crashes have lessened or ceased completely.

Other than emergency Reverse Thruster out of tricky scenario(which probably would result in death instead of escape), I can’t see where the 150 hull regen would actually be useful.

It isn’t bad per se, just confusing. Putting passive hull regen on a ship with minimal hull and only 1 hull modifier??? Why? I can imagine that on a Engineering, or even a Guard. but on an already squishy LR?

Speaking of Guard. Any news on the R17 Fed Guard? Maybe just a tiny hint?? 

Technically, Guards have 200 pts/sec passive healing already Guess the regen leaves a hull slot for a missile pylon or even crystal plates.

Why 120 parts for the specmodule? Why not just give it straight with the ship itself? -.-

Well, this update is okay, but there’s nothing special about it. I only wish that we would get more reported bug fixes.

In any case, you failed to mention the fact that after getting the Executor, you need to also farm for the special module components, 120 parts.

This is very important information that should be mentioned. It would have been okay if an alternate module would come up with the ship itself.

In any case, this is not the case here, so I’ve already made a new suggestion about this potential issue.

It would be prudent of you to review it and let us know what you think about it, officially. We have been ignored or left in the dark for too long.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, _ARiA_ said:

Technically, Guards have 200 pts/sec passive healing already Guess the regen leaves a hull slot for a missile pylon or even crystal plates.

Why 120 parts for the specmodule? Why not just give it straight with the ship itself? -.-

Just to clarify: Guard’s passive regen is after a few seconds of not firing, not using modules, and most importantly, not getting hit.

so to make use of the passive regen, the Guard frigate needs to leave the frontline. That is harder to do than it sounds. Guards’ speed boost is lost when hit, so most Guards have to crawl slowly(around 200m/s on Jericho ones). Secondly, if shield is depleted on a Guard, it might as well stay and kill as many as possible before exploding into tiny bits. Running away on a Guard is less than desirable.

Of course, Guards’ passive regen proves to be extremely useful after enemy frontline collapses, when chasing enemies, or just general idling in Open Space. But let’s be honest, these scenarios are waaaay too scarce for us to create a build centered on it.

That new ECM mod is such a stupid idea, this is it.

I was just about to say, that finally, there is some sort of balance restored, but no. Absolutly not, you really really really wanna kill this game badly.

Instead of adding new xxxx, how about fixing join lag?

Whatever, me writing this, is already too much time invested into this pile of dirt.

Die well, old friend.

Okay, see you next patch.

I thought that bots were removed. I was wrong! We still got one low-level bot in PvE for Tier V.

No balance fixes

2 hours ago, Oregyen said:

I was just about to say, that finally, there is some sort of balance restored, but no. Absolutly not, you really really really wanna kill this game badly.

3 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

No balance fixes

what balance do fixes you think are needed?

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

jved2c

I get this now, so I can’t post.

This is cool

Just now, GatoGrande said:

jved2c

This is cool

I can’t post link

from last update

that you can see your sh it MM

http://prntscr.com/jved2c

last update and perfect MM is great always with hot joining, never from start

http://prntscr.com/jveepd

six games in a row with hot joining always on losing side.

33 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

I can’t post link

from last update

that you can see your sh it MM

I get that you can not read, so I’ll repeat

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

what balance fixes do you think are needed?

4 hours ago, xKostyan said:

The Object 18 still needs some work here and there. And is there not a ECM module (the ddos one i think) which cuts target radar by 90% and has a shorter cooldown than active time allowing it to be used infinitely as it will recharged before the effect wears off

Developers!

There is still a bot in my soup!

9 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

jved2c

This is cool

All you’re showing are cases where your team failed to synergize properly. Although further balance changes are still necessary, you’re not making a very good point here.

I think your screenshots simply show a case of unlucky matchmaking. Consider hanging some fluffy dice.

4 hours ago, ComradeJedus said:

The Object 18 still needs some work here and there. And is there not a ECM module (the ddos one i think) which cuts target radar by 90% and has a shorter cooldown than active time allowing it to be used infinitely as it will recharged before the effect wears off

Sure, both of those things could use a considerably longer CD