Star Conflict 1.5.2 (Discussion)

824129cb0d6ebba6f405bf3b0ee3.jpg

The management of shipyards reconstructed after the war with the Aliens, reports on the readiness for the production of new unique ships of higher ranks. It’s time to try out the new tech in battle! Engineers report on new active modules and weapons available for recon interceptors and engineering frigates. And also about the unique opportunity for pilots to independently configure their combat interface!

I love the ships appearance wise and the HUD thing is nice.
But yet again the ships lack what other ships have, these ships i would say are totally balanced, this is balance. Not OP but can pack great punches, now what is sad is that every other ship has a WIDE variety of weapons and mods now which these cant equip, therefor making these ships just cool by looks but not usefull in pvp. You cant even costumize them like the other SP ships with this cost!

You havent nerfed the deconstructor, nor the f blaster which shreds the Project 1011, or the focusing laser. NO nerfs were done this patch and thats stupid.
You hyped up the Zhen by making players think its main weapon Geyser would be as strong as the F blaster when its really nowhere close its firepower, it lacks projectile speed and with the spread it recieves when firing it cant even apply the damage it does well. Only times u hit is when u jam the target. 

So all in all with the ship costs not to MENTION the 5000 iridium i had to spend to find the blueprints, gg continue this way and youll see more people leaving, hope you really listen to your community with whatever updates you do next cos wow… You are putting this game right on the verge of being absolute trash.

PS: Your caches are the most disgusting thing about this game, wasting tons of iri for some RNG bullxxxx

i’m looking forward to buff to the Zhen next patch , it feels underwhelming .
compared to the Karud and the Calltrop , it’s what i’d call " a downgrade ".

Geyser : the weapon while looking nice , is useless , an inferior front blaster , without the bonus damage , and the bonus mobility that the front blaster adds .
              so you effectively reduce the mobility of your ship ( by having to turn the ship to aim ) and you don’t get the damage output to justify it . you also cannot make it a crit monster because only 1 CPU slot.
   fix : make it a normal weapon , not a bow one , reduce the damage to be 1200 base dps per weapon ( currently 2020) so the ship with 2 weapon will have 2400 dps and with gun  that can turn/aim , bow weapon are really not fun to use …

Virus attack : this special module is fine with me , nothing to change IMO

emergency hack system : because the Zhen has energy issue , this passive module is a bit annoying , because it take the slot that is usually used by passive armor
   fix : give the passive module a 15% base energy regen bonus , 17% MK2, 19% mk3 , 20% mk4

engine controller hack : a very , very powerfull module , it allow so many thing to be done , removing a ship out of cover , forcing someone to get out of position , or just locking those gold eagle with front blaster on a straight line for 10 second at MK4 

Developers plan to balance the usability of new ships anyway.

good to hear , while the wolfhound has been tuned properly now , the granite still is a bit strange .

and all the new one ( with the exception of the project 1011 from what i understand ) are underwhelming .

+1 for the new hud option. What I also would like to have in this regard is to being able to change the size of the different sections. For example, shrinking the minimap size, target view window, etc.

Secret Projects / Endeavour / Spiral are becoming Obsolete due to the lack of consideration and access to the Fleet Upgrade.

A lot of the new Engineering modules have wrong descriptions or values and that’s annoying.

Remote desintigrator not showing the pin-point laser when you are targetted by it and having an insane durability and a DOT. Delocalized UltraTanking Damage Dealing DOT applying Desintegrator Drone.

Med-Evac is more “Suicidal Save” because teleporting behind a dying ally at 0 m/s speed and sometime not able to move for “Reason” is perfect.

Energy-Compensating Projectile restoring only 436 shield points per second instead of the 726 pts/sec like in the description for the Mk4 version on the Valor.

There is a lack of consistency in this “Fleet Upgrades” depending of the “role” they were made for.

Project 1011 is a very nice and pretty balanced ship. The only changes it needs is to be able to destroy/call back it’s drone without having to fly out of the area of control,  maybe make it so that if player presses the 5 key for example the drone self destructs . and slightly increase the general size/hit box a tad bit of said drone.

Oh boy… discussion is up finally.

New ships

Singularity

As the only ship I’ve gotten from this update it is really the only one I can give feedback on (and concerns) since I doubt I’ll be getting the others any time in the near future.

The ship itself is a fairly solid tackler and can’t really be played too aggressively lest you be killed due to an issue I’ll talk about shortly.

The trap mine is good CC but horribly inconsistent and the “rubberbanding” effect when an enemy is trying to escape the field makes the target impossible to hit.

Accelerator gun is effectively a better plasma gun. The damage against shields is respectable but is literally laughable against hulls in PvP as (from what I’ve seen) most people have been stacking EM resistance on their hull thanks to the trauma of the front blaster meta. The gun itself has decent projectile speed which ramps up after a crit and manageable overheat and good fire rate. 

Long descent is troubling however. Although I love it for the ability to literally have infinite invisibility as the module actually cools down before the duration is up; the shield regeneration malus whilst it is active is actually horrifically annoying since if you play the singularity like a standard tackler then you’ll be using invisibility the moment your shields drop but when you leave invisibility your shields are still down and you’ll have to find a corner to hang out for a few minutes to regen slowly.

The ship itself has decent shields and with the right implants will also give you a free shield slot without compromising your resistances or capacity  HOWEVER  the singularity has the weakest hull of any ship I’ve ever seen. The moment your shields drop you are almost guaranteed to die unless you have an engineer supporting you as with only 5k hull total and a singular hull slot to work you’re either going to be sacrificing a regenerative coating dependant build or sacrificing a module slot for a repair kit so you have more than a second of life once your shields are down.

Drone booster is also the most irrelevant passive modifier I’ve ever seen. Singularity has access to no companion drones that will actually keep pace with you in order to stay in the bonus damage field and the ship is too fast to have attack drones as a relevant alternative. It doesn’t belong with this ship.

Zhen

I haven’t encountered one in PvP or PvE so I’m working off of observation I guess.

-The ship model appears to be the smallest ship in the game

-Geyser is a kinetic front blaster based off of stats

-Virus attack looks good on paper but I fear is next to useless in practice

Project 1’s and 0’s

The ship itself I haven’t fought but I have dealt with the remote disintegrator  before, which has far too much durability and range. The malus seems almost completely irrelevant as the ship itself will be 3km away from the drone making it difficult to deal with.

Also why the flying f*ck was the disintegrator buffed against destroyers? It was already far too effective against them. Why did it need to be buffed?

Spike

It seems to be yet another glass cannon akin to the Singularity, but with the typically overpowered Covert Ops modules performs the task much better since it has so many different methods to escape harm.

-The weapon does decent damage if used well, but apparently is lack-luster without a specific build.

-Energy burning mine does decent damage but knocks about the host ship

-The special module seems okay?

Acquisition

The way the blueprints for the new ships are acquired just simply IS. NOT. OKAY. The only reason I have singularity is because I lucked out and got what I wanted from the idiotic caches.

If they are going to contain the blueprints for two different ships it should not cost 300 iridium AND only give one blueprint

My main issue with the damned rank 16 and 17 blueprint cache is you pay so much and get so little in return. Getting what you want is down to pure luck and as I said in a different thread it is possible to have acquired all the resources for a rank 16 before you even have all the blueprints due to poor luck. This shouldn’t be possible. 

Do these ships feel like they are worth a similar material cost as a rank 14 destroyer? No. They feel like standard ships, play like standard ships with the only difference being a unique model and some fancy modules and weapons.

Fleet upgrade

I honestly can’t care less at this point since ‘testing’ this new stuff means farming for hours in different sectors to get all the new modules, weapons and modifiers.

Summary of upgrade

New engineer stuff isn’t OP so that’s nice. Recon stuff needs tweaking and the bow laser sucks. 

Also the static barrier became relevant since allies can fire through it, so yay I guess.

Customisable UI

This is honestly the best part of the update since you can fiddle around with the UI until you get something you like out of it, including moving the buffs/debuffs sections to a part of the screen a bit more obvious.

The only bad part of this addition is you need to be in battle to access it.

Overall

The update itself is nice but the new ships feel like they either don’t belong or their deployment should have been handled better as currently obtaining them appears to be more of a chore then something to work towards as you have to divert so much iridium just to opening the caches to try and get what parts you want. The aggressor bug in open space is still a thing, Destroyer modules/components bug seems to be fixed (haven’t played Tyrant much since the update, so haven’t noticed) and the upgrade seems like an afterthought at this stage.

My only question is what comes next since all the upgrades have rolled out?

still waiting to get my hand on one of the new ships and new modules(yes even module) to leave a proper review (praise rng).

I really link what at has been done with the UI, being able to customize it is awesome. 

Bug with destroyers modules has been fixed, thank god I can finally start using the Tyrant again.

Spec project ships still don’t have access to some of the new modules, maybe new ones should be created just for them? (don’t let them die!) 

It seems that enemies in Lava spin don’t drop any loot, idk if it’s a bug but since those “enemies” are fed and empires pilots, killing them lower our karma lvl and might be considered as friendly units, so they don’t drop anything (speaking here of over 60 kills without any drop)

And finally, ship parts from caches should drop only parts we don’t own. Once we own all parts from the caches, received loot should be converted to resources or even iridium (half of the based value eventually).

New ships models are amazing btw good job! 

30 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

It seems that enemies in Lava spin don’t drop

Only Imperial Scout are dropping in Lava Spine, you need to kill between 6-10 of them per container.

The RNG for obtaining blueprints is horrid. Literally my very first BP for a ship I wanted I got 2 times in a row over the 3 hours I had to play to get it. Just let us pick and chose ffs.

I think we need more electrum rewards, also enriched electrum… it takes a total of 5.1 weeks to get the electrum needed for one ship, by the ressource quests we have now, which is a grand total of 61 Weeks in order to get the full set of ships (432days = 1.18 years, daily) and then you don’t even have enough credits to get any of this going, with the current droprate of materials, it is quicker to get Mineral’s box, than farm them in open space or anywhere, which cost 500k each (lower cost would be appreciated). And the open space grind for modules is a giant pain, that can be made up by nothing… (not even paying money, i don’t see how this is the benefit to anyone).

29 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

I think we need more electrum rewards, also enriched electrum… it takes a total of 5.1 weeks to get the electrum needed for one ship, by the ressource quests we have now, which is a grand total of 61 Weeks in order to get the full set of ships (432days = 1.18 years, daily) and then you don’t even have enough credits to get any of this going, with the current droprate of materials, it is quicker to get Mineral’s box, than farm them in open space or anywhere, which cost 500k each (lower cost would be appreciated). And the open space grind for modules is a giant pain, that can be made up by nothing… (not even paying money, i don’t see how this is the benefit to anyone).

fact is that there is no real way to farm it, even as end game content it’s taking way too long.

2 hours ago, Rakza said:

Only Imperial Scout are dropping in Lava Spine, you need to kill between 6-10 of them per container.

good to know thanks o7

Soo, I finally manage to get my hand on the Singularity! it has a decent speed for a jerry tackler, a really great shield tank and it’s literally the best Open Space ship in the game.

His weapon lack a bit of firepower but still acceptable (10 or 15% dmg boost)

The trap mine need a whole new mechanic, instead of dropping near someone we should be able to fire it like a remote mine, closing on someone with a jerry tackler is suicide. The mine can only affect 1 enemy, making it rather useless in PvE except for bosses. The trigger time is WAY too long, 99% of the time it will get blown up before activating. The reload time need to be reduced OR we should be able to place more than one on the battlefield because like I said earlier, it WILL get blown.

The drone dmg boost is useless.

The ship looks gorgeous so expect it VERY soon in the “custom screenshot” section!

8 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

I think we need more electrum rewards, also enriched electrum

You can get 48 electrum each day, provided that you’re lucky. And that’s just from Open Space tasks. PvP and PvE with Rank 15 ships is an entirely different matter.

So, if you have the best luck, you can get 4 enriched electrum a day (2x20=40+8=48) to get one ship, you then need between 15-20 days with the Premium license.

Remember that daily missions reset twice a day and don’t forget to check rotational ‘Open Space’ rewards as well.

It’s fine as it is. Still, they could raise the reward from 20 to 24 electrum ore to compensate for this resource. Anything higher would probably disrupt the game’s economy.

9 minutes ago, Koromac said:

You can get 48 electrum each day, provided that you’re lucky. And that’s just from Open Space tasks. PvP and PvE with Rank 15 ships is an entirely different matter.

So, if you have the best luck, you can get 4 enriched electrum a day (2x20=40+8=48) to get one ship, you then need between 15-20 days with the Premium license.

Remember that daily missions reset twice a day and don’t forget to check rotational ‘Open Space’ rewards as well.

It’s fine as it is. Still, they could raise the reward from 20 to 24 electrum ore to compensate for this resource. Anything higher would probably disrupt the game’s economy.

I have time to play 3 hours a day. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

except for weekend  ofc

HUD change is great and useful.

en…oh, u got two duplicate reply, 600 iridiums, thanks.

39 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

I have time to play 3 hours a day. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

except for weekend  ofc

20/20/20 can be gained in a matter of minutes, like 5. Jericho - Stripped Deposits. Fast and easy.

Do this twice a day and maybe one more Open Space mission, you don’t need more time than 10-15 minutes if you don’t use quick travel.

how to change a 3D map to 2D? i can`t find this option ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

Im dont like D3 Map, is useless  for me

22 minutes ago, PiotrPit said:

how to change a 3D map to 2D? i can`t find this option ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

Im dont like D3 Map, is useless  for me

undock. change the ui.

than u can choose which one u like or got both of them~~~