Star Conflict 1.5.0b (Discussion)

Welcome to discuss [Star Conflict 1.5.0b Update!](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/35533-star-conflict-150b/)

f83e640adafb3bd6fd957b12d5e8.jpg

Hi, Will there be unique modules for destroyer?

Thank you for your work, the new modules and weapons are very fun to play with.

Okay, so first of all:

Why were the only destroyer modules available en mass nerfed?  The plasma and blaster turret are  2 of the 4 only modules available for credits. Why were they nerfed. Heck, why are destroyer modules still craftable at all, just revert acquisition back to direct purchase rather than this trading bulls**t. It denies experimentation, it locks you into specific builds and blocks out newer players from testing new modules/weapons.

*sigh*

LRF stuff

New LRF modules are interesting, although the Hindenburg supercharge seems wildly unnecessary given the explosive bonus and AoE bonus already in place on Destroyers.

Sinobi jump however doesn’t seem like it belongs in the game at all given Reverse Thruster still exists.

Recoil-compensated cannon looks amazing on paper… and then you try and use it… and fail. This weapon, is more like an engine than a weapon. The moment you fire you get pushed to -200m/s  instantly  regardless of current speed which makes it absurdly difficult to make any forward progress when trying to attack targets, even with the gigantic range.

Guided Thermosphere is… interesting, and seems kinda balanced which I guess is since it is based off of the Flux Phaser - so congrats on getting something right guys.

Branching laser overheats far too fast, has decent damage I guess and okay range - seems like it was made for PvE more than PvP.

Most of the modifiers aren’t really note worthy other than MGS-box camo which is amazing and Blood harvest which is amazing in PvE. Good luck finding a good spot to take use of the guided torpedo buff without a guard using missile shield in range.

Tackler stuff

Plasma minigun is amazing and I love it, nothing more to add…

Homing laser has the same problem as Thi’lith, it has minimal damage, low range and uses your energy so in summary. It sucks. Weapons with drawbacks need a positive and this weapon doesn’t have one.

Gordon’s missile launcher seems fun but is wildly uncontrollable when used with a higher ping.

Most of the modules seem nice enough with Slowing projector and Realignment being the more notable modules with Mine network seeming to be a bit of nostalgia for me :3

Overall, this update was a swing and a miss for me. Loads of stuff and most of it seemed either excessive or a joke.

Also stop nerfing my f**king destroyers. Thanks.

there are a surprising amount of bugs and broken mechanics with the NY18 …‘Dag’tnith’ Launcher Coil Mortar can’t work on it as the whole ship is a dead zone …movement implants don’t affect it for the amount of the implant ( strafe 75% = 6…180 to 186)----- it jumps into certain maps upside down … acceleration was 180 until i built it  and then it changed to 79… the ship is a nice idea but a 250 monocrystal ship needs to work right …it needs 8 guns  so you can shoot forward with either 4 top or 4 bottom.

3 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

Highly disagree,  with that it wouldnt have any blindspots at all.

Guard has to shoot with 4 weapons at the same time, no matter how many it has in total. This keeps game mechanics in the usual system.

Hello

I have to agree with people who say that usage of Coil Mortar is complete crap on this ship.

Also new modul Dome is very bad, high cooldown and just instant deflection when we use it, 

old modul Missile shield is way better, lower cooldown  higher range and 10 sec working time.

That is all that I tried for now.

To me design of ship NY 18 is looking nice,  but it will just collect dust. 

Also I have noticed that I can’t use free synergy on it, why is this so?

Regards

ooo I forgot on this; 

please make separate sub window  named ( Production, or something like this) in com window.

Getting spam messages from all players that build new ships on all channels is very annoying.

Tilting it to the target gives u the ability to use 4 guns.

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Highly disagree,  with that it wouldnt have any blindspots at all.

it does  and its been proven by me  … but don’t take my word for it  try it yourself

I constructed NY18, upgraded it to Rank 15, went to OS with Proximity Mortar. Flew for a minute while trying to shoot!

This ship is an absolute garbage, the worst I have ever played with.

Why? Original_Taz is perfectly correct on this one. it’s full of bugs and inconsistent mechanics that need to be changed.

This ship should be smooth and fast, instead, it moves like a dead zombie, the rotation and strafe is a joke. Cumbersome and inefficient. I think it undocks upside down as well.

This is the worst ship of 2017, no doubt about it! It can become good, but only major boosts to speed, rotation and strafe mechanics and some fixed issues with firing arcs.

1 hour ago, SunnySweet said:

please make separate sub window  named ( Production, or something like this) in com window.

Getting spam messages from all players that build new ships on all channels is very annoying.

if you own the ship, you should not be able to see such messages. However, it’s bugged and they never fixed it. Palom Mark II spam, Endeavour spam, Spiral spam, Destroyers, etc.

There is no option to disable advertisement. If it is, I tried to uncheck advertisements, but the spam was still showing up. Very annoying and infuriating.

It’s indeed very underwhelming and flying mechanics are painful. 

A t5 guard with 2 shield slots, no phase shield and mediocre special modules (except the energy one)

handling is the worst part. even destroyers handle better, this just feels unpredictable at times

12 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

A t5 guard with 2 shield slots, no phase shield and mediocre special modules (except the energy one)

handling is the worst part. even destroyers handle better, this just feels unpredictable at times

Why is no one testing the ships before they are released? Handling is terrible. Saucer should be the most versatile vessel, comparable if not better than T-Rex Mark II.

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

Why is no one testing the ships before they are released? Handling is terrible. Saucer should be the most versatile vessel, comparable if not better than T-Rex Mark II.

Handling is fine.

Not using weapons that shoots one turret at a time is just a common sense.

the handling is perfectly fine on my end, and the modules are useful enough

2 hours ago, _terrorblade said:

A) Role icon is just an indication of what set of active modules you can equip and in no way bounds you into certain behavior. People should start realising it by now, especially after Taikin and WazGot

B) It handles really well.

And for players as smart as Koromac, you can alternate flying controls just like desstroyers can.

50 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

And for players as smart as Koromac, 

![:00:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00.png “:00:”) ![:00:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00.png “:00:”) ![:00:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00.png “:00:”) ![:00:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00.png “:00:”)

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”) ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”) ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”)

wait wait

![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”) ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”) ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”) ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

sorry can’t stop

![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”) ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”) ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”) ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”) ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

doesn’t get the guard speed bonus  … doesn’t get the guard passive hull regeneration… and NO!!! the ‘Dag’tnith’ Launcher Coil Mortar and Proximity Mortar DO NOT work right on this ship … but  its not surprising that xKostyan would oppose the entire forum in his attempt to get the Dev’s favor …  I will say this  … that when the Dev’s fix the few problems this ship has  it will be  great for both PVE and PVP … over all as a concept ship i give it  85 BOLD CAPS

It has the same speed in every direction, pressing Ctrl makes it much easier to control, weapons like the Coil Mortar and Dag’tnith should be fixed for it.

The MDS is interesting, it can redirect missiles, making them quickly turn regardless of the missile type, although unguided missiles instantly explode, should be fun to use against the Tempest Launcher, the relocation mechanism is alright, it has a short range and a long preparation time but I guess its better than a second Return Crystal.

48 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

doesn’t get the guard speed bonus  … doesn’t get the guard passive hull regeneration… and NO!!! the ‘Dag’tnith’ Launcher Coil Mortar and Proximity Mortar DO NOT work right on this ship … but  its not surprising that xKostyan would oppose the entire forum in his attempt to get the Dev’s favor …  I will say this  … that when the Dev’s fix the few problems this ship has  it will be  great for both PVE and PVP … over all as a concept ship i give it  85 BOLD CAPS

Statistically majority is not as smart as minority…