Star Conflict 1.4.8: Engineer Evolved. Stage four (Discussion)

Welcome to discuss new**[Star Conflict Update 1.4.8: Engineer Evolved. Stage four!](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/34755-star-conflict-148-engineer-evolved-stage-four/)**

6bb178b38c8a6e3eb1e2c902971f.jpg

I like what you did on the engines, although Caltrop has an issue, the afterburners don’t light up.

Spoiler

game_2017-09-07_11-01-41-42.png game_2017-09-07_11-01-45-07.png

I guess that the Tai’Kin nerf was needed, now jumping feels kinda laggy, and that’s not the only thing weird about it.

My Tai’Kin didn’t use to glow like that, should I be concerned? Is it trying to contact the Crystallid demigods? What have you done? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! game_2017-09-07_11-09-11-78.png

And I don’t recall the thruster colour being purple, that nerf did more than delaying the jump, slowing the strafe and lowering the damage output of the weapons…

game_2017-09-07_10-57-15-82.png

Now the trading window closes when you click beyond it

‘Custom battle’ mode now has a ‘Leave battle’ button

I like these the most lol 

As for the taikin nerfs, be a little bolder and do a 15%+ nerf on something from the list of already slightly nerfed stuff just to see what will happen, jk.

All in all the patch is satisfactory to me, i would like some buffs on the hybrid missile module and the repelling beam module on destroyers.

The Sokal missions are a nice addition now that xenochips are gone.

This update is good, but there are other MAJOR ISSUES that I don’t agree with! I simply can’t play anymore, because anything I get, gets destroyed!

• Free Synergy

• Monocrystals

• Alien composite blocks

• Alien Ship parts

• Alien Evolution parts

First, loyalty vouchers that you get from daily loyalty missions for all 3 factions - those loyalty vouchers are automatically “destroyed”, if you are already at the cap limit of 1000000 loyalty vouchers.

In my humble opinion, we should get such currency in the mail-box as well.

Second, 300 Alien composite blocks for 1 ship part is too much! 150 alien composite blocks for 1 ship part would be more than reasonable.

Increase the cap limit for Alien composite blocks to at least 2500 parts, but not 500. Monocrystal cap should also get increased to at least 1000.

I don’t agree with the caps, but if they are there, I won’t play the game just to get my items destroyed. That’s a scummy move that deserves much attention.

Since you introduced the ability to use and get ship parts through Alien composite blocks, such thing would also be prudent for Special Modules.

However, you can increase the amount for those a bit, like 200 Alien composite blocks.

Alien ship parts - Cap should be set at 50, like it used to be for Tai’Kin.

Evolution item drops should not be capped at 10, but at 100.

All in all, such corporate practices should not be tolerated. They deserve negative publicity, if the issue won’t get resolved in a timely manner.

4 minutes ago, Koromac said:

This update is good, but there are other MAJOR ISSUES that I don’t agree with! I simply can’t play anymore, because anything I get, gets destroyed!

Didn’t you leave like 2 months ago?

Great patch in general but I don’t know if the destroyer respawn time needed a change mostly due to survival mode. Other than that like orca said some dessy modules need a improvement

Thar’Ga - you guys forcing it’s game play into a Second line shooter, basically what Gauss Empire fighters are, invalidating more and more of what was left of Thar’Ga’s customization, it already had almost frigate like acceleration. With all these nerfs to base agility of the ship, it is time to revert initial nerf on an OverDrive (r15 is 6 second vs 8 seconds on Classic Ships).

Tai’Kin - it gets very close to the line where one more slight nerf and it becomes garbage. I’d rather see Destroyers nerf before Taikin, since if you hit Taikin once it is pretty much dead, leaving next to no room for error for their pilots.

Singularity - “reduced overheat time to 2 seconds” I guess that is a cooling off parameter and not the time for a gun to overheat while firing. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) I think it more in need of a longer firing time rather than faster cooling, almost all still useful Singularity builds involves increased firing cycle - be it a passive bonus from a ship or/and cooling ammo, cooling engine.

Assault Rails - it’s gonna need more than that ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) I still can out DPS ARails using Gauss, that not supposed to be the DPS weapon, but only burst weapon.

Waz’Got - emergency repair station is a scary thing combined with empire Destroyers, cause if I remember correctly its effect is percentage based.

Waz’Dum weapon
Type: Kinetic weapon
Mounted on: engineering frigates
Marks the enemy on impact. Ships, firing at the marked enemy, restore their hulls.

Does it mean it can be equipped on all Engineers and not unique to a WazGot? 

3 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

Didn’t you leave like 2 months ago?

you mean like 2 years ago? 

2 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

you mean like 2 years ago? 

nah, he didnt have everything unlocked back then and had prem

One more thing I need to add about Thar’Ga.

My testing with Thar’Ga only confirms one thing.

Despite all the movement/maneuverability bonuses, maneuverability nerfs actually made it almost useless. Ship now moves too sluggish, almost like a frigate.

Thar’Ga is supposed to be slightly better than most of other comparable ships of the same class.

I would revert this change.

It’s not really needed.

Thar’Ga ship is balanced as it is, slightly better than most ships of the same class, but you can’t nerf the ship just because a skilled player can use it to its fullest potential.

If it must be added, then only reduce movement and turn speed by 3%, but not 10%!

Also, destroyer damage multiplier - x1,5 should be reverted as well, active only at 750 meters or less and not at 1 km or less.

P.S.: I found more new bugs already…

7 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Thar’Ga is supposed to be better than most of other comparable ships of the same class.

How about no?

2 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

How about no?

It shouldn’t really be better, but it shouldn’t be worse either, and currently, majority of TharGa customization is worse than classic gunships ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

5 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

It shouldn’t really be better, but it shouldn’t be worse either, and currently, majority of TharGa customization is worse than classic gunships ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

IMHO still best gunship

20 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I actually agree with you. What do you think about x1,5 damage multiplier being active on 1 km instead of 750 m now?

29 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

How about no?

Slightly better does not mean that the ship is broken or overpowered.

32 minutes ago, Koromac said:

One more thing I need to add about Thar’Ga.

My testing with Thar’Ga only confirms one thing.

Despite all the movement/maneuverability bonuses, maneuverability nerfs actually made it almost useless. Ship now moves too sluggish, almost like a frigate.

Thar’Ga is supposed to be better than most of other comparable ships of the same class.

The Tharga has access to the most powerful fighter weapons and weapon bonuses in the game while also being able to use passive modules that massively increase manouvarability, regeneration and even teleport. Having a slightly worse base manouverability isnt that much of a dawback.

Just now, Scar6 said:

The Tharga has access to the most powerful fighter weapons and weapon bonuses in the game while also being able to use passive modules that massively increase manouvarability, regeneration and even teleport. Having a slightly worse base manouverability isnt that much of a dawback.

Maybe not, but any further nerfs on Thar’Ga will compromise it greatly.

P.S.:

I can’t wait to see DrDeath’s reaction.

12 minutes ago, Koromac said:

I actually agree with you. What do you think about x1,5 damage multiplier being active on 1 km instead of 750 m now?

I am fine with that until fighters get properly functional (that fits into meta) Explosion weapon

8 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I am fine with that until fighters get properly functional (that fits into meta) Explosion weapon

That would be awesome.

Tharga doesnt need any more tweaks in speed/rotation/strafe terms IMO, now the next step is making its modules a bit better, not buffing or nerfing, just tweaking for a better gameplay experience on both ends. 

As for Taikin it still needs a few fixups here and there before going over modules in detail, Wazgot is yet to be finished before any talk about balancing it out.

Cant wait for the goodies on standard ship buffs ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I gotta say that its nice to see the comment section toxic free for once, i know it wont last but let me enjoy it dammit! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

Still no silver ship modules?

I was really dying to get the Molf jump.