Star Conflict 1.3.3 Discussion

You are welcome to discuss the patch 1.3.3 here.

ccc152b7a6ae7b8e7a55db04e7f8.jpg

The patch certainly looks like a good amount of fun :smiley:

I can’t wait for the T5 Destroyers, in particular the T5 Jericho one *Drools* (which, of course, is understandably not within this patch.)

The patch certainly looks like a good amount of fun :smiley:

Thanks

*Drools*

:008j:

(which, of course, is understandably not within this patch.)

yep

Here’s my two cents from yet another veteran with a loud mouth  :005j:

Good things about Patch 1.3.3:

• Good move on making Shield Havoc a non-exclusive module.  This will allow newer players to have another chance at getting a module they missed out upon. Remember: exclusivity is a way to divide the playerbase.
  • New Recon changes.  I like the cooldown bonus - in my opinion it is a lot more useful than an effects bonus - especially for spamming spydrones to counter those annoying tacklers! I’m having a lot of fun on my King Nibelung in T4 weeding out chickentacklers with the new bonus, hehe.
  • Destructor buff.  Now we have another solid counter to those annoying diffusion tanking Commands.
  • Passive module buffs.  Neat! I personally sometimes use a Shield Splitter on my Jericho Guards, so it’s nice to see a little buff for a niche ship.
  • PvE/OS Active module buffs.  This will definitely help. I’ve yet to try using AIMA or some similar damage module on dreadnought torpedoes, but I imagine that might help too.
  • New League titles!  Cool little addition, but I wish we had a little more opportunity to do Leagues in USA timezones… I’ve been pushing for weeks but the other corporations have no desire to do leagues…
  • Little tweaks and addins.  I personally really like the new text entries for salvaging upgrade kits. That’s actually very convenient for people to find out what they get. The corporation window looks a little cleaner too, which is also nice. I wish we can see the old statuses of players ingame, like “In Battle: Capture” or “On A Mission”. Maybe we can get that put back in soon.

Things that can be improved with the next patch, coupled with some feedback on how to correct these problems:

• I’m quite concerned about allowing Rank 11 destroyers in Rank 9+ matches. There are serious balance issues that should be addressed when it comes to this. As of right now, I see the problem possibly developing one of two ways:
  1. These T4 destroyers will completely dominate higher level T3 matches.
  2. When enough people craft these destroyers, we will most likely have T4 destroyerballs launching black holes everywhere - wreaking havoc on anything bigger than a fighter.  Imagine 8 black holes spawning at once against your team… What can possibly live through that?
  • Therefore, I came up with two possible solutions for this:

• Impose a restriction on where pilots with T4 destroyers can _only _get T4 matches. No predominantly T3 matches.
    • Impose a restriction on how many destroyers can be active at any one time per team (i.e. 3). That way, destroyerballs cannot form in the future when everyone and their mother has crafted a T3 and T4 destroyer.
  • Still no higher-tier squadding options. Sadly, I still don’t see any pubsquadding options. I understand that one of the likely reasons for the removal of this feature was to remove sealclubbing squads from the lower tiers, but it has reduced potential options to work as a team. I thought that the introduction of USA leagues would mitigate that problem somewhat, but sadly no one queues for leagues in our timezone… Which leaves NASA without anyone to fight but ourselves.

• Therefore, I would like to see the return of 2-mans facing 3 mans/no squads or 3-mans facing 2-mans/4-mans. But not to every tier. Simply reintroduce this feature into T4 and T5.  This will allow the veterans to stick to the higher tiers to play against each other, leaving us to mingle with ourselves and out of the newbies’ ways.

In conclusion, this is a patch with potential. I see plenty of modification of existing strategies with these new T4 destroyers, which are fun to play with and against! NASA already has attempted and succeeded at using Milf’s T4 dessie against the Defiler. Let’s just say that it completely wipes the floor with the Defiler, and that is with just _one _Destroyer. I can’t wait to see a squad of 4-5 T4 dessies go against the aliens - that would be quite a spectacle.

I would like to hear some discussion on these issues that I see, and how it can possibly be fixed. But again, this patch is solid in terms of new content. I just hope we find solutions to the existing problems before we move onward with more content.

Looking forward to your response, doom.

I like the patch so far, but plz fix the bugs quick. I miss my phaser. Haven’t seen any t4 dessies yet and hope i don’t hate em. 

Here’s my two cents from yet another veteran with a loud mouth  :005j:

Good things about Patch 1.3.3:

• Good move on making Shield Havoc a non-exclusive module.  This will allow newer players to have another chance at getting a module they missed out upon. Remember: exclusivity is a way to divide the playerbase.
  • New Recon changes.  I like the cooldown bonus - in my opinion it is a lot more useful than an effects bonus - especially for spamming spydrones to counter those annoying tacklers! I’m having a lot of fun on my King Nibelung in T4 weeding out chickentacklers with the new bonus, hehe.
  • Destructor buff.  Now we have another solid counter to those annoying diffusion tanking Commands.
  • Passive module buffs.  Neat! I personally sometimes use a Shield Splitter on my Jericho Guards, so it’s nice to see a little buff for a niche ship.
  • PvE/OS Active module buffs.  This will definitely help. I’ve yet to try using AIMA or some similar damage module on dreadnought torpedoes, but I imagine that might help too.
  • New League titles!  Cool little addition, but I wish we had a little more opportunity to do Leagues in USA timezones… I’ve been pushing for weeks but the other corporations have no desire to do leagues…
  • Little tweaks and addins.  I personally really like the new text entries for salvaging upgrade kits. That’s actually very convenient for people to find out what they get. The corporation window looks a little cleaner too, which is also nice. I wish we can see the old statuses of players ingame, like “In Battle: Capture” or “On A Mission”. Maybe we can get that put back in soon.

Glad that you appreciate these tweaks and additions. About Leagues during US prime time, sad to hear that, we made time more convenient fo U.S players, but aparently it’s still not enough. Maybe people with T4 destroyer will change something. Btw we are working on Leagues evolution right now, i think it will also can help.

I’m quite concerned about allowing Rank 11 destroyers in Rank 9+ matches. There are serious balance issues that should be addressed when it comes to this. As of right now, I see the problem possibly developing one of two ways:

We are monitoring situation right now, as you said it’s not former T3, it’s R9+. So far we need more feedback and stats to change something in this matter. Also, did you notice tweaks in matchmaking? Now it counts destroyers in ship slots.

Therefore,  I would like to see the return of 2-mans facing 3 mans/no squads or 3-mans facing 2-mans/4-mans. But not to every tier.  Simply reintroduce this feature into T4 and T5.  This will allow the veterans to stick to the higher tiers to play against each other, leaving us to mingle with ourselves and out of the newbies’ ways.

Asymmetrical mm for squads on high ranks sounds like one of the possible solutions, but i can’t reveal anything about this for now.

I can’t wait to see a squad of 4-5 T4 dessies go against the aliens - that would be quite a spectacle.

they also can equip new ammo, to make it more spectacular :slight_smile:

I like the patch so far, but plz fix the bugs quick. I miss my phaser. Haven’t seen any t4 dessies yet and hope i don’t hate em. 

Bug is known, we have already identified the source of an issue.

Destroyers in t5? → cya next year, I’m playing something else

Destroyers in t5? → cya next year, I’m playing something else

In T5? You mean people equipped them with R13/14 ships or what?

Yes

Nowhere is safe except t2 now

Yes

Nowhere is safe except t2 now

And what is the main issue for r13/14 ships? Gravi lens?

I like the changes to Interface and matchmaking.

The AI in Versus AI just blatently cheats. I don’t think this mode is very good or useful, but atleast now it’s a bit more interesting. If you tune up the bonuses of the npc, then you could open up this mode for up to rank 15 again.

Module Changes are very good as are the changes to recons.

Ammo against Aliens: 200 GS is nonsense.

Beryllium Drop Rates: I don’t know what the drop rate is, but it’s apparently too low if you farm for hours in rank 10 sektors, collect over 100 nodes/containers and get zero Ore/enriched beryllium.

I wasn’t able to do all the broker missions, so obviously, with that drop rate it won’t be a rank 11 destroyer anytime soon for me and all other players who missed out.

Player vs AI:
In T3 player vs AI the AI has rank 15 ships, mark 5 weapons, as well as +50% to damage, hull, and shields. Yes it was too easy before, but you seem to have over compensated some. Those of us that have been playing for a while, and have fairly well set up ships in the higher end of the bracket can manage reasonably well, especially when using destroyers, but new players are getting slaughtered, especially when they try to charge forward like they used to be able to do. Even a frigate can be destroyed from 100% in just a couple seconds by the AI, and an interceptor doesn’t even last one second.

One big problem before was that the AI did stupid things that made the fight easier, like in Combat Recon where half, or more of them would turn tail, and try to fly out of the combat zone, rather than fight. They don’t do that any more, but in detonation mode the AI doesn’t seem to know how to pick up a bomb, instead I’ve seem them charge forward, ignore the bomb, and try to camp the player spawn point, like we used to do to them all the time.

Rank Up Bonuses:
I feel that parts to make ships should be left to be farmed, and gained through events. Level up bonuses should be there to help get new players up to speed faster with regular ships, such as by awarding just credits, free synergy, loyalty vouchers, and Iridium.

Farming Resources In Open Space:

As has been suggested before, with so many possible items now, maybe some adjustments are in order. Perhaps make it so resource nodes can only provide some random raw resource, no credit trophies, instant credit gains, and most certainly no 100 credit booby prizes. Next reduce the odds of getting credit trophies from the other types of collection nodes, and from mob drops too, while increasing the odds of built resources (plates, and such) from those sources. With all the open space missions awarding credits, and all the other ways to get credits, I’m swimming in credits, but could use various resources more. Also those missions in alien space could be given some rewards other than just credits, maybe a random built resource of mid, to high value, indicating where those zones are accessed from would be nice too.

Salvaging:

Nice interface improvement, but when looking at your available upgrade kits, could you also show the owned modules of equal, and higher grades, not just lower grade ones. This way we can more easily decide which we should keep, and which we should salvage without having to go back, and forth between tabs all the time.

The main problem is that gameplay with and against large numbers of destroyers is campy and boring. I have explained myself in multiple threads over the past few weeks, I will not explain again here.

The only solution I see, if you don’t wish to remove them completely, is to limit destroyers to two or three per team, depending on the match size.

Until then, it’s goodbye from me.

I like the changes to Interface and matchmaking.

Nice to hear that

The AI in Versus AI just blatently cheats. I don’t think this mode is very good or useful, but atleast now it’s a bit more interesting. If you tune up the bonuses of the npc, then you could open up this mode for up to rank 15 again.

We will open this for r15 again when destroyer-bots will be ready.

Module Changes are very good as are the changes to recons.

Thanks

Ammo against Aliens: 200 GS is nonsense.

Why? You can fly 6 hours in open space with it or even more. Also you can use it in Special Operation.

Beryllium Drop Rates: I don’t know what the drop rate is, but it’s apparently too low if you farm for hours in rank 10 sektors, collect over 100 nodes/containers and get zero Ore/enriched beryllium.

Yes, drop rate is low. But Broker’s tasks are still in game.

The main problem is that gameplay with and against large numbers of destroyers is campy and boring. I have explained myself in multiple threads over the past few weeks, I will not explain again here.

The only solution I see, if you don’t wish to remove them completely, is to limit destroyers to two or three per team, depending on the match size.

Until then, it’s goodbye from me.

That fact that mm now counts the number of destroyers per team doesn’t help?

Yes, drop rate is low. But Broker’s tasks are still in game.

But those tasks won’t always be there, and considering the number of these destroyer resources we need, their primary game play means of acquisition shouldn’t be as problematic as it is.

Player vs AI:

In T3 player vs AI the AI has rank 15 ships, mark 5 weapons, as well as +50% to damage, hull, and shields. Yes it was too easy before, but you seem to have over compensated some. Those of us that have been playing for a while, and have fairly well set up ships in the higher end of the bracket can manage reasonably well, especially when using destroyers, but new players are getting slaughtered, especially when they try to charge forward like they used to be able to do. Even a frigate can be destroyed from 100% in just a couple seconds by the AI, and an interceptor doesn’t even last one second.

One big problem before was that the AI did stupid things that made the fight easier, like in Combat Recon where half, or more of them would turn tail, and try to fly out of the combat zone, rather than fight. They don’t do that any more, but in detonation mode the AI doesn’t seem to know how to pick up a bomb, instead I’ve seem them charge forward, ignore the bomb, and try to camp the player spawn point, like we used to do to them all the time.

Yes, it’s T5 bots now. But they don’t have synergy levels and other bonuses. Mode became challengable. 

Also: before players intentionally ignored gameplay tasks to extend the time of bots farming, now they have more reasons to fulfill gameplay tasks. 

And yes, bots are still not very smart.

Rank Up Bonuses:

I feel that parts to make ships should be left to be farmed, and gained through events. Level up bonuses should be there to help get new players up to speed faster with regular ships, such as by awarding just credits, free synergy, loyalty vouchers, and Iridium.

But there is a possibility to farm it. Also we are thinking about making events more often, but conditions may be harder than now.

As has been suggested before, with so many possible items now, maybe some adjustments are in order. Perhaps make it so resource nodes can  only  provide some random raw resource, no credit trophies, instant credit gains, and most certainly no 100 credit booby prizes. Next reduce the odds of getting credit trophies from the other types of collection nodes, and from mob drops too, while increasing the odds of built resources (plates, and such) from those sources. With all the open space missions awarding credits, and all the other ways to get credits, I’m swimming in credits, but could use various resources more. Also those missions in alien space could be given some rewards other than just credits, maybe a random built resource of mid, to high value, indicating where those zones are accessed from would be nice too.

So far we are not planning to change this. We left Broker’s task in game and posted this schedule and this list i hope it helps.

Agree with the fact that more than 2v2 or 3v3 destros in a match gets boring instantly.

I also agree with the fact that people haven’t learnt at all how to deal with them. I played exclusively T3 yesterday and what i noticed is somewhat apalling:

• multiple beacon games with destros in both teams, many times outnumbered by the enemy team

• destros are slow > logic > get fast ships and run for beacons while they’re busy in the middle of the map

• people were going to fight the destros across the map, nowhere near the beacons like ‘oh look free candy!’ only to die horribly to 5x destro pyro emitter spam

They did this in every single game. Then we see forum complaints that have nothing to do with balance and other logical things. People somehow formed a mentality that killing the enemy team’s destros brings them a win or something.

Why? You can fly 6 hours in open space with it or even more. Also you can use it in Special Operation.

• 200 GS / 1 game

• no manufacturing or any other way to get them, maybe not even daily login bonuses

Imagine running out of duplicators, undocking in OS and warping with a recon, crashing in the first gate because lag or improper coming-out-of-warp output from the game cuz that’s how recon warping is. 200GS right off the bat.

Consensus: NO!

And yes, berry drop rate is a tiny tad too low.

Agree with the fact that more than 2v2 or 3v3 destros in a match gets boring instantly.

Destroyers still is a new thing, with a time people will get used to them, plus, they will be distributed on different ranks. In this way (and considering new MM) their number per battle will be naturally 2vs2 or 3vs3 

I also agree with the fact that people haven’t learnt at all how to deal with them. I played exclusively T3 yesterday and what i noticed is somewhat apalling:

• multiple beacon games with destros in both teams, many times outnumbered by the enemy team

• destros are slow > logic > get fast ships and run for beacons while they’re busy in the middle of the map

• people were going to fight the destros across the map, nowhere near the beacons like ‘oh look free candy!’ only to die horribly to 5x destro pyro emitter spam

They did this in every single game. Then we see forum complaints that have nothing to do with balance and other logical things. People somehow formed a mentality that killing the enemy team’s destros brings them a win or something.

I guess only time can change it. Or maybe it will be changed after end of Broker’s quests.

Yes, it’s T5 bots now. But they don’t have synergy levels and other bonuses. Mode became challengable. 

Also: before players intentionally ignored gameplay tasks to extend the time of bots farming, now they have more reasons to fulfill gameplay tasks. 

And yes, bots are still not very smart.

They may not be bright, but they can take a lot of punishment, and dish out crazy damage, as even without synergy levels, they do have +50% to damage, hull, and shields, which is more of a bonus to those than you’d get from gaining synergy levels, at least for damage by a large margin, especially when added to their mark 5 weapons. If player vs AI was suppose to be a warm-up to PvP for new players, right now it’s just the more experienced ones that can mange it reasonably well. Then you guys said you’d be adding AI controlled destroyers to player vs AI later, that’s just going to be insane with those sort of bonuses, especially if they’re rank 14 destroyers against T3 players. I also always got the feeling that when attacking higher rank ships, there was a damage penalty, and a damage bonus when attacking lower rank ships, if that’s true, then it makes things ever more lopsided.

But there is a possibility to farm it. Also we are thinking about making events more often, but conditions may be harder than now.

I don’t think you understand what I’m referring to. I mean those “Career” rewards, which in the last patch gave far more resources/parts, but still do give out resources, and completed ship parts to build ships. I’m saying those should just be gained by way of farming, and events, not as career/level up rewards. Instead career bonuses should just give the generic things used to level up our ships, and equipment.

So far we are not planning to change this. We left Broker’s task in game and post this schedule i hope it helps.

If you guys feel we need help to get these rarer resources through another series of permanent daily tasks, then doesn’t that mean you’re admitting that the default means (that being the means the item description tells us we are to gain said items through, open space) isn’t working very well? Then with that being the case, wouldn’t the most sensible thing to do be to fix the supposed default means such as how I described, and to increase the mono crystal rewards for open space missions?

Destroyers still is a new thing, with a time people will get used to them, plus, they will be distributed on different ranks. In this way (and considering new MM) their number per battle will be naturally 2vs2 or 3vs3

By the same regards, people using destroyers will also become more proficient. Then even if a person has a destroyer in their queued ships, doesn’t necessarily mean they intend to use it, but since that seems to be the criteria, it means you’d either need to pilot it, or remove it from your hanger before PvP. It just gets to be such a mess to deal with all these destroyers all over the place, especially in the more open maps, and in pure kill the other side type tasks.

That reminds me, your recent patches keep messing up the means to manually repair our ships, and/or refill our ammo. Currently manual ammo refill is fine, but not manual repairs.

People somehow formed a mentality that killing the enemy team’s destros brings them a win or something.

I think one thing that’s happening there is that people are just trying to do the broker task of helping to destroy three destroyers, and don’t care about winning the match. That’s one of the problems with these sort of daily tasks.