Star Conflict 1.3.3 Discussion

200GS per anti alien ammo where only slightest packet drop makes you kick out to login screen and takes money…no thanks

LOL. In the new destro music video an active module is not in its right place. There is no module right behind the command tower section on top of the glass.

200GS per anti alien ammo where only slightest packet drop makes you kick out to login screen and takes money…no thanks

200 gs for huge SO advantage is pretty good price isn’t it?

I think one thing that’s happening there is that people are just trying to do the broker task of helping to destroy three destroyers, and don’t care about winning the match. That’s one of the problems with these sort of daily tasks.

Yep, i also think so, and i wrote this.

(btw, use “Edit” button, please, don’t spam posts.)

They may not be bright, but they can take a lot of punishment, and dish out crazy damage, as even without synergy levels, they do have +50% to damage, hull, and shields, which is more of a bonus to those than you’d get from gaining synergy levels, at least for damage by a large margin, especially when added to their mark 5 weapons. If player vs AI was suppose to be a warm-up to PvP for new players, right now it’s just the more experienced ones that can mange it reasonably well. Then you guys said you’d be adding AI controlled destroyers to player vs AI later, that’s just going to be insane with those sort of bonuses, especially if they’re rank 14 destroyers against T3 players. I also always got the feeling that when attacking higher rank ships, there was a damage penalty, and a damage bonus when attacking lower rank ships, if that’s true, then it makes things ever more lopsided.

We are planning to add destroyers only for high ranks. 

T1 and T2 supposed to be recreational zones in this mode, T3 should be challengable, after all this is the last available tier in this mode now.

I don’t think you understand what I’m referring to. I mean those “Career” rewards, which in the last patch gave far more resources/parts, but still do give out resources, and completed ship parts to build ships

i understood you, you can craft all this parts without career missions, what is the difference if they will be available as ship parts at once? Event just will be harder to complete.

isn’t working very well?

Of course it doesn’t mean so, we just want to help people and explain them that there are different ways.

Then even if a person has a destroyer in their queued ships, doesn’t necessarily mean they intend to use it, but since that seems to be the criteria, it means you’d either need to pilot it, or remove it from your hanger before PvP

What’s wrong with the fact that player can adjust his ship before start of the battle? If it’s beacon hunt - you are choosing fast ship and have advantages vs destroyers, if you it’s not you just choose destroyer.

Introducing a weapon which makes damage under the shield - ok.

Setting it to kinetic damage … what?

Making it actually kill you… what??? (How to do it right: StarCraft uses a spell that has the same sticky effect after an area cast, reducing the hull slowly but stopping at 1. I expect, a weapon that ignores shield, to behave the same. This is ridiculous)

Creating a ball that sucks in stuff, even yourself, but wait, you don’t get damaged by it yourself - what ???

What is this?

I don’t own a destro. because i didn’t make it to create a level 8 destro. because my account is so old, and 2 weeks after the disaster, you still haven’t lifted one finger to finally adress the problems that makes older players simply furious: add rewards fairly. Okay, so you didn’t reimburse older players with the upgrade stuff you added to the progression unlocks leaving them far behind in destros, but they had all those missions. And they are older players, right, so they actually should have enough stuff.

Too bad, stuff that is important in endgame is locked behind PvE BOREDOM. Too bad, I have to undock to Open Space for stuff like this.

Which was once a cute mode, like an add-on, optional. Pirates were flying around and chasing lawful citizens. Police was hunting pirates. Occasionally, Aliens came and hunted everything. It was okay, that the spawn points looked like an amateur PvP Ultima Online Server, where the GM just moved around and dropped some monsters here and there without any regard for atmosphere. It was okay, and cute.

It might sound harsh, but I think, we just didn’t expect more there, as this isn’t Blizzard, which actually tries to make every aspect fluid and overly aesthetic artistry.

Then the loot drops started getting nerfed every patch. Then the spawn points got upgraded by some aliens, no wait ALL OF THEM AT ONCE EVERYWHERE, and open space became that “funny” mode where you switch between two badly implemented minigames (resource search thingie, at least it now is toggle, and the loot pickup mechanic, which, with the horribly undetectable hud system, that only shows an icon if the invisible little item is outside of view, is just a frustrating piece of evidence, that you didn’t really get, what was so fascinating about space games).

“But it is the same, you hunt pirates, aliens, now you have even GS ammo to do it” - scratch the pirates, who cares about pirates, its just alien spawns now anyway.

Hell no.

Like that ball does, so is the balance, and the direction of this patch.

200 gs for huge SO advantage is pretty good price isn’t it?

Yep, i also think so, and i wrote this.

(btw, use “Edit” button, please, don’t spam posts.)

Sorry, but here is clearly P2W implemented. While it’s possible to gain GS in your game, 200(!) are way to much AND especially without any non-GS accessibility unfair.

The biggest joke is ‘huge SO advantage’. Sorry, balancing a clear advantage behind such a wall for the sake of balance is FALSE. Or to give the opposite the right: Balancing for its big price with a huge advantage. And SO last 1 round. 1 FREAKING ROUND.

Same applies to OS. My longest saison there was… 80 mins or so. First not everyone have the time for this. Second not everyone fight just plain aliens. Third not everyone last that long in OS(one mistake and it could be over…). Fourth: There is the question against what they can be used. Do cyber count as aliens? What is with the biomorphs? The pirates? The blue guys? Structures?

200 gs for huge SO advantage is pretty good price isn’t it?

I remember when you guys used to pretend this game wasn’t pay to win.  Now you don’t bother trying to hide it. Nice one.

The choice not to make career mode available to vets is disappointing, but frankly not surprising. Why give something to someone who has already spent money with you and become jaded enough not to make that mistake again, right?

Also, the continued destroyer push is really, really getting tiresome. They are destroying Star Conflict. The game revolves around them now, and they’re basically forcing out all the other playstyles. In most game modes destroyer spam is the best course of action. The idea that they are already corrupting T5 is really troubling, as it means the only place left for REAL PvP matches is T2.

Overall, terrible patch. There isn’t really any redeeming feature in this.

I think one thing that’s happening there is that people are just trying to do the broker task of helping to destroy three destroyers, and don’t care about winning the match. That’s one of the problems with these sort of daily tasks.

Yep, that’s me. Only care about the Dessy now. xP

Sorry, but here is clearly P2W implemented. While it’s possible to gain GS in your game, 200(!) are way to much AND especially without any non-GS accessibility unfair.

The biggest joke is ‘huge SO advantage’. Sorry, balancing a clear advantage behind such a wall for the sake of balance is FALSE. Or to give the opposite the right: Balancing for its big price with a huge advantage. And SO last 1 round. 1 FREAKING ROUND.

Same applies to OS. My longest saison there was… 80 mins or so. First not everyone have the time for this. Second not everyone fight just plain aliens. Third not everyone last that long in OS(one mistake and it could be over…). Fourth: There is the question against what they can be used. Do cyber count as aliens? What is with the biomorphs? The pirates? The blue guys? Structures?

It’s not pay to win cause it’s available for PvE- only and PvE-difficulty has not been increased (it’s even easier now, cause debuffs work on bots) 

I remember when you guys used to pretend this game wasn’t pay to win.  Now you don’t bother trying to hide it. Nice one.

The choice not to make career mode available to vets is disappointing, but frankly not surprising. Why give something to someone who has already spent money with you and become jaded enough not to make that mistake again, right?

Also, the continued destroyer push is really, really getting tiresome. They are destroying Star Conflict. The game revolves around them now, and they’re basically forcing out all the other playstyles. In most game modes destroyer spam is the best course of action. The idea that they are already corrupting T5 is really troubling, as it means the only place left for REAL PvP matches is T2.

Overall, terrible patch. There isn’t really any redeeming feature in this.

As expected

Generally this patch was enjoyable (finally a fix for the negative credits balance  :012j: ) but… it seems to come along like a teaser. The rank 11 destroyers can be crafted right now, sure. But the grind to get the beryllium is insane right now, especially since it takes 9 million credits to learn the recipe for the enriched beryllium and then a further 10 million to get the internal structures blueprint which seems far too high for a rank 11 ship (again, the same case with the rank 8 destroyers). As other players have pushed forward quite a few times, it may be best to bump up the priority of beryllium in open space - whether it be from certain sources or not is up to you guys completely, but I just think that the loot pool should be reduced in higher sectors (I would make a topic to push this forward, but I’m sure Fox or Koro would do it anyway) since you can pick up 10-15 crystal shards before you even get a single one of the rarer ores (neodium, beryllium and graphite) which really does push down a players hopes when grinding. Another thing though… the career tab… again, another kick in the a** for older players. The quests should have worked like the inital S.Galo missions where if the objective is completed already, it just shows it as ready to complete… not just completed already… *mumble mumble* salt *mumble mumble*.

Now then… the new ammo. Why?The new ammunition pushes the argument of P2W right into the spot light right now as it can only be obtained for galactic standards, even though it seems that it should be a craftable recipe considering its purpose. The UI changes are nice, although in OS the mission debrief seems to stick around a tad bit too long. The buff to destructor I’ve yet to test, but I’m sure it works great against the commands in higher tiers. MM changes make pvp somewhat bearable although the destroyer ball seems to be a bit of a problem still, despite destroyers being fairly easy to combat via splash weapons.

Overall, a nice patch with some long awaited bug fixes and MM changes. The grind wall seems to have jumped up a notch, but the broker seems to be here to stay, so that is nice.

Now then… the new ammo. Why?The new ammunition pushes the argument of P2W right into the spot light right now as it can only be obtained for galactic standards, even though it seems that it should be a craftable recipe considering its purpose. The UI changes are nice, although in OS the mission debrief seems to stick around a tad bit too long. The buff to destructor I’ve yet to test, but I’m sure it works great against the commands in higher tiers. MM changes make pvp somewhat bearable although the destroyer ball seems to be a bit of a problem still, despite destroyers being fairly easy to combat via splash weapons.

There is a possibility that we will add crafting option for this in future.

Thanks for the constructive review btw, with negative and positive aspects.

Yep, that’s me. Only care about the Dessy now. xP

Shame on you!

It’s not pay to win cause it’s available for PvE- only and PvE-difficulty has not been increased (it’s even easier now, cause debuffs work on bots)

As expected

P2W isn’t restricted to only PvP/PvE content.

So your arument is invalid regarding this. It’s an advantage, that you can gain mostly only with money.

Doesn’t matter, that you can only use it in specific modi.

And debuffs worked on Bots fine.

What you are refering to are just structures. Those aren’t bots per se. And ‘bugfixing’ is something that should normally be in place. Big module/weapon dmg, that doesn’t affect specific things were just ridiculous.

… pick up 10-15 crystal shards before you even get a single one of the rarer ores (neodium, beryllium and graphite)…

Make that 100-150

That fact that mm now counts the number of destroyers per team doesn’t help?

counts destro per team, right…

For main team… which often is 4v4. Then more ppl join and mm don’t include that “rule” to those players…

so yea your mm fix doesn’t work

About the update 1.3.3 :

200 GS ammunition is something that I was hoping never to see in this game. Now I have to be really careful, that I don’t accidentally buy it, when selecting or buying more ammunition.

I wish that there would be a way to disable GS ammunition and resupply in the game options. Really, 200GS? You’re getting greedy. Yes, it is alright to ask for GS, but not in such manner. Where is your courtesy?

AI matches are now changed. This change wasn’t really necessary.

I would rather see that the all ships are fully equipped and upgraded and fully synergized with already existing synergy bonuses. Adding some bonuses only available for the AI, defeats the purpose of learning strength and weaknesses from each ship, even if they are bots.

I even created a [suggestion](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/29615-versus-ai-mode-improvements/) about this.

No squad options for T4/T5 (rank 11-15) for end-tier PvP. This is the only hope, which still keeps me glued to this game. It still isn’t here. I know that you’re otherwise busy on other tasks now, but please address this.

I want 2 men squads facing 3 men squads, or 4 men squad facing 3 men squad. You can even assign more than 1 squad. Or at least 1 on each side minimum. PvP is instrumental here. I fear that Destroyers will ruin it.

Fear of T4 (rank 11) Destroyers in League mode.

With all what I heard and seen, please do not release them just yet!

Beryllium drop rate in Open Space is simply ridiculous. I am perfectly fine now with T5 blueprints and neodium plates and I often complain.

However, this beryllium thing it really makes me angry. 30 mysterious containers and only 1 found beryllium. I won’t waste 2-3 hours per day to get 1-2 in Open Space!

Store:

I know that this isn’t exactly tied to this update 1.3.3 discussion, but you would actually get more money/income, if you would just do one thing!

Bundles in the Shop should contain GUARANTEED DROPS and not POSSIBLE DROPS!

I won’t spend money/GS, even when I have 100000 GS!

Ranked rewards for ignored Veterans:

You refused to give us an official answer, when [we asked for it](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/29612-request-ranked-rewards-for-progression-reimbursement-payout/). I am talking about the final reply, not the initial one.

Quests/Tasks could be introduced by a new contact via assignments and players, which already ranked up (Veterans), would be able to complete such tasks in a different game modes.

It is possible to implement such thing. System would detect those ranked progressions and just unlocked the tasks from rank 1-15 for each faction.

However, once again, we got ignored and we were hoping that we would get at least 50% of the reward that newcomers can get now.

Why are we so under-appreciated? Why do we not get the same chance to obtain such rewards? And who is responsible for this?

Star Conflict manager (Director) should be more understandable. We are not greedy and demanding, we just ask to get the chance to obtain such rewards in a different manner, not get them for free.

Overall summary: Update 1.3.3

It’s a nice update. 9/10

• interface salvaging now showing components was my suggestion, which you did slightly differently, but it is still perfect. I made it more complicated than I should. But you took my idea, considered it and implement it

• some bugs got fixed, which annoyed me for quite some time (there are still some) Will have to press the Skula’s doorbell again. Still, job is getting done.

• T4 Destroyers (I sadly can’t comment on that now) It’s too early. It’s new content, that also worries me because of balance issues, that could arise, especially when a T4 Destroyer can now play in T3 PvP

• other additions and improvements are also welcome

• GS based ammunition (I hoped, that I would never have to comment on this again) This change is P2W, because you can only buy it or acquire it for an enormous price. There are ways to get GS in more respectful manner.

• sound changes (this is funny) I can no longer hear missile and my guns, unless if I zoom in. I get what you were trying to achieve, but it made it worse. The effect actually achieved the opposite, so you can either remove or reduce such effect to acceptable level

Score is given mostly from what I read in the patch notes itself and not from the actual experience in the game.

I need to see how the game balance and new modules and weapons affects the game now… It’s too early. I just do dailies for Broker and daily monos for each Faction.

I do not have enough gameplay after this update, so that I could really assess all the changes, especially in PvP mode, when it comes to balance and MM.

There is also one thing I need to mention. Yesterday I played all matches in T5 Leagues with an orange ping (108 ping) on Russian server, I think. Usually I have 60 ping.

Are the servers overloaded again or maybe they are not fully synchronized or tuned? Please, address this issue.

Regards,

Koromac

Update:

Edited: reason - some feedback was left out

As expected

So you made a patch knowing the community wouldn’t like it? You made a patch knowing it was anti-player, anti-consumer and had nothing positive about it for us? And you went ahead and did it anyway? Well done.

So you made a patch knowing the community wouldn’t like it? You made a patch knowing it was anti-player, anti-consumer and had nothing positive about it for us? And you went ahead and did it anyway? Well done.

I think he meant that your negativity was to be expected.

Usually I give constructive feedback, but on this one, no chance! How to focus on the positive aspects of this patch when the core gamemode PVP is being destroyed bit by bit from the inside by these ridiculous destroyers.

To think that Star Conflict would ever come to look like this is beyond belief:

cNNs7Xb.jpg

(and yes, we lost this match in the end because they just sat there spamming pyro at one another)

thats the only thing im doing at PVP :00555: (im serious this time)

I think he meant that your negativity was to be expected.

Well if they want me to give a positive response to a patch, they should stop xxxx us over.

There’s plenty of things that could have been in this patch I would have been positive about. I would have been positive about career mode being made available to vets. I would have been positive about changes to reduce destroyer spam, or to bring squads back to PvP. I would have been positive about any change that put more emphasis on PvP and less on PvE and OS.

But of course, the real issue is the dev team is never going to implement any change that deserves a positive reaction.

thats the only thing im doing at PVP :00555: (im serious this time)

Same here… what i’m wondering is that it only takes @20 minutes on average or less. Yet i see people charging to kill destroyers non-stop.