Star Conflict 1.3.1 Discussion

Though the ship tree does look pretty now, the new limitation only serves to destroy progress of new players and make them not want to stay.

Let me make this very clear for you, devs:

GRIND=BAD

LESS GRIND=GOOD

Got it?

Sorry, I have to disagree, this is a very good thing! War Thunder has this feature too, and what does it do? Well it slows down tier rushing. Players might actually learn something by the time they reach T5.

Anyway, I haven’t had a chance to play PvP yet as I am reduced to my craptop atm, but what I have seen to far I like. New Tech tree is nice, but the best feature so far for me is the ability to refit SP ships! Praise the Lord!!! One thing I noticed though, it is cheaper to craft a Ronin than it is a Caltrop, what gives there?

I can’t comment on Destroyers yet, as I don’t have one and haven’t played against one. Neodium is a bit of a pain to get, but at least it is easier to obtain than monocrystals :wink:

The crates for ‘destroyer’ parts are a total rip off though. I bought 1 and will never buy another. 270 GS for some very basic materials that I would probably get from 1 PvP match. This is not good. There should be at least 1 neodium ore in every purchase.

Another thing I would like to see is the increased distance of the static shield from the ship. AoE weapons are laughing at destroyers big time. Similarly to anything with em bubble.

Has standard paint for destroyers been ninja changed? Or it just looks so different in different hangars?

Well it slows down tier rushing. Players might actually learn something by the time they reach T5.

Good point

One thing I noticed though, it is cheaper to craft a Ronin than it is a Caltrop, what gives there?

Cause ECM has been buffed :slight_smile:

The crates for ‘destroyer’ parts are a total rip off though. I bought 1 and will never buy another. 270 GS for some very basic materials that I would probably get from 1 PvP match. This is not good. There should be at least 1 neodium ore in every purchase.

You didn’t participate in Christmas events?

Another thing I would like to see is the increased distance of the static shield from the ship. AoE weapons are laughing at destroyers big time. Similarly to anything with em bubble.

feel free to write a suggestion about it, in a special section :slight_smile:

I don’t think destroyers are all that well designed. Unless you’re with explosives - and for some reason nukes don’t really work on them - they can’t really be killed before some teammates come to their rescue, not solo anyway, I don’t like that. And when you are with explosives, they’re squishier than Fed engies… I don’t like that either.

Since they deal so much damage and therefore can affect the outcomes of the match so easily, I don’t think it’s fair that your chances of defeating a single player depend solely on whether or not you have an AoE weapon in your line-up. Sure, a vet should always be prepared, but r8 is just too close to the newbs.

I hate that instead of doing something about all those pulsars, heavy guard and sentry drones, you created yet another auto-aim module, or a couple of them actually.

The SP ships change is nice. I think the ability to refit them whenever you want was a bit of an overkill, but hey, at least we get to customise them more now, which I like a lot. I would suggest looking into Mjolnir’s and Jaguar’s new synergy bonuses, though - there’s a reason why no fighters in this game up until now could increase their EM projectile speed.

Sorry, the ECM buff is just stupid. If you based it on ‘stats’ again - ECM’s die right after using that module, because all ECM’s will use that module when they’re about to die. I suggest you revert it.

The new ship tree is awful. The colours are too bright, the ship icons are too small (they make me feel as if I needed to grind for ages to get max ranks, even though I got them all long ago) and a top-down list is simply aesthetically worse than the previous one.

It’s good you finally implemented the clickable links. Took you a long time, but hey… better late than never, right?

Except for SP ships, all of the above isn’t really all that important to me though. What I was looking forward to seeing in this patch was an MM fix and squads back. Perhaps some nerfs on cruise tacklers. Maybe some update on leagues. Sorry, but I’m rather disappointed, though I really do appreciate the two positive changes I mentioned.

I’ll put it again in bold if you don’t mind: MM desperately needs a fix - the matches can’t be predetermined wins and losses all the time.

There is confusion with many players about the location of the destroyer crafting materials, and how to get certain ones

Can you do anything to clue players in?

For example, I need osmium and crystal shards, but I have never once found one.

Some say that you have to scrap T5 components, but then this locks a T3 ship away from T3 players.

Many are struggling with this, I hope something can be done.

Has standard paint for destroyers been ninja changed? Or it just looks so different in different hangars?

I found out what happened. Not the paint changed but the reflectors pointing at the ships in a selected slot don’t always work. So, without extra light and reflection colors are more vivid and worn paints are more visible.

Edit: Or not. I’m not sure. It looked so blue and worn out. But now it’s more grayish and metallic.

Last edit: :fed014: I forgot that I have changed the graphics several times and that made the ship look different. :fed011: My bad.

I have found many of these on the new maps half way between Fed and Empire space… which is an alternative route between two sectors that I was whining about so I like them much.

There is confusion with many players about the location of the destroyer crafting materials, and how to get certain ones

Can you do anything to clue players in?

Some say that you have to scrap T5 components, but then this locks a T3 ship away from T3 players.

Many are struggling with this, I hope something can be done.

Drop chance of materials directly correlate with a difficulty of a location, for example it’s more chances to find it on r10 locations, but it’s still possible to do on r7. Scanner works well in this case.

I’ll put it again in bold if you don’t mind: MM desperately needs a fix - the matches can’t be predetermined wins and losses all the time.

We’ve slightly discussed it with you in game chat, i’m repeating here for others, now we are working on some tweaks in join-in-progress system, as a result more players will start battles from the beginning, but it doesn’t mean then join-in-progress will be canceled, we will find the “middle” solution.

right now we are thinking in direction to turn ctrl button in switcher of control modes, means you won’t need to hold it every time with your little finger. What do you guys think about it?

Yes, please. I have the ability to do dozens of keybind setups but, not everybody does. My vote would be for a toggle but that is just my personal pref.

Update seems pretty awesome, The reset for Spec Project ships is an outstanding feature. Makes it worth the time to grind out some of those ships that I wouldn’t otherwise take the time to build.

Overall I think this is the best major update since I have been playing SC. Thank You Devs for the hard work.

One question. When if ever, will we begin to see Neodium in salvage?

What is the effect of rank 4 implants on destroyers?

Yes, please. I have the ability to do dozens of keybind setups but, not everybody does. My vote would be for a toggle but that is just my personal pref.

Update seems pretty awesome, The reset for Spec Project ships is an outstanding feature. Makes it worth the time to grind out some of those ships that I wouldn’t otherwise take the time to build.

Yeah, I also tried some keybind setup, none of them are perfect. I want switch-button :slight_smile:

One question. When if ever, will we begin to see Neodium in salvage?

We are not planning this for now.

Overall I think this is the best major update since I have been playing SC. Thank You Devs for the hard work.

Thank you for feedback

What is the effect of rank 4 implants on destroyers?

Nothing for now, we will implement alternative in the future.

Was there any warning at all on the manufacturing requirement changes?  I was one module away from being able to craft a Jaguar pre-patch, and now I might as well have thrown away more than 120 units of Alien Monocrystal for my efforts.

Was there any warning at all on the manufacturing requirement changes?  I was one module away from being able to craft a Jaguar pre-patch, and now I might as well have thrown away more than 120 units of Alien Monocrystal for my efforts.

I told about changing in craft system many times here, in steam, fb and other platforms. The current system is more convenient cause it has fixed price for every ship.

Drop chance of materials directly correlate with a difficulty of a location, for example it’s more chances to find it on r10 locations, but it’s still possible to do on r7. Scanner works well in this case.

Why the hell someone need rank 10 ship to craft rank 8 ship? When ship is t3 so materials should be able to find in t3 sector not t4. Oh and you holy scanner… buuuuuut we need to pay for it.

:fed_lol: :fed_lol: :fed_lol:

YGcEaEz.jpg

I told about changing in craft system many times here, in steam, fb and other platforms. The current system is more convenient cause it has fixed price for every ship.

I’d like you to find the steam community announcement (actual announcement) that declared these changes prior to the patch.

Why the hell someone need rank 10 ship to craft rank 8 ship? When ship is t3 so materials should be able to find in t3 sector not t4. Oh and you holy scanner… buuuuuut we need to pay for it.

rank 10 is just more convenient, i repeat, you can do it on r7