Star Conflict 1.3.1 Discussion

You are welcome to discuss the patch here.

How come the empire destroyer is the only one with two axis placement?  How come I can’t have two blaster or plasma turrets? (It triggers my asymmetrical ocd) Are there any plans to allow the wormhole projector the ability to telefrag other players? Will you be adding more R8 weapons and modules?

All of that aside, I had fun figuring out how to play the invincible. Still not sure I’m quite there yet but fun nontheless. I probably would have gotten a procyon for turnspeed if I had realized how much of an advantage two over two under is for damage output on secondary modules.

and with all of that said, I probably won’t ever bother to grind for more plates because flying around looking for containers for long periods of time makes me scream internally. I have a hard enough time getting motivated for monocrystal missions every day.

Destroyers are the second best thing that y’all have added to the game, behind Hunters.

Though the ship tree does look pretty now, the new limitation only serves to destroy progress of new players and make them not want to stay.

Let me make this very clear for you, devs:

GRIND=BAD

LESS GRIND=GOOD

Got it?

Let me make this very clear for you, devs:

GRIND=BAD

LESS GRIND=GOOD

Got it?

Agree, that’s why we made cost of destroyers lesser than cost of SP ships, also that’s why we implemented recraft option

How come the empire destroyer is the only one with two axis placement? 

Because every destroyer unique and supposed to fulfill slightly different role in battle

How come I can’t have two blaster or plasma turrets? (It triggers my asymmetrical ocd) 

Balance decision, besides i recommend you to set up both turret on the bottom of you ship

Are there any plans to allow the wormhole projector the ability to telefrag other players? Will you be adding more R8 weapons and modules?

No for now

All of that aside, I had fun figuring out how to play the invincible.

Thank you

I cannot say much about Destroyers, since I will wait with building one myself. Although I have encountered alot them in PVP already, which was expected. But I will save my opinion til later.

Anyhow - the customizable ability feature added to SP ships - AND the fact that you can refit it without losing anything but credits - THANK YOU!!! :smiley: :smiley:

A great improvement imo. 

Also good thing that I can find neodium in open space! 

Aaahh… Update #1 makes me happy.

I cannot say much about Destroyers, since I will wait with building one myself. Although I have encountered alot them in PVP already, which was expected. But I will save my opinion til later.

Anyhow - the customizable ability feature added to SP ships - AND the fact that you can refit it withouth losing anything but credits - THANK YOU!!! :smiley: :smiley:

A great improvement imo. 

Also good thing that I can find neodium in open space!

Glad to see a good review from you, as I already said you in game chat: thank you! I hope you will craft your destroyer pretty soon

Aaahh… Update #1 makes me happy.

I have the same feeling :slight_smile:

Here let me list my top 3 concerns:

• “Warthunder like Tech tree” (forced grind to climb in tech tree of at least 2 ships per level instead of the old Synergy system). I only see a Marketing decision there. We told you to keep your new playerbase, are you trying to sink your own game ? Lots of my corpmates and new recruits are already grinding their teeth… yeah, and no joke their.

• Destroyer maintenance cost: paying an average 250 000 credits, not per battle but PER Ships destroyed count… You can end a game with over 1M bill ! Trying to prevent a Destroyer spamfest with those costs ? Or trying a new Free2Play economy dictated by your investors ? If it’s the last one I feel sorry for the Dev. team.

• Regarding “Ship assignements” comfort: We now have to drag and drop instead of simply clic of desired ship to fill the mission’s ship list.

Now what have you done right ?

• New tech tree listing and animation is excellent
  • Personalizing all Secret Project and Destroyers Synergy level 4 and 8 (much appreciated, the 3 first SP were gettin’ old)
  • Manufacturing costs in terms of Parts are now fixed. Awesome.
  • Some tiny bugs corrected. Thank you.
  • New modules and gameplay with destroyers (too bad the gravity canon and the repulsor beam are missing to prevent Seal Clubbing) make want to stay a bit longer.

the goods things with this update

more friendly to build spec ships , only need the requirement .

great idea with the ability to recraft as we want the ship without loss synergie :slight_smile:

be carefull with the new feature , choising bonus for synergie .

project secrets ships can now use all best passif buff and in some case becoming a bit OP .

i.e a tackler with 9 modules and the 50% range buff , the same for ECM … with the special Module we can build ship without weakness

i undestand that’s the end game but its a risk to see more unbalance pvp game at T5

edit : there’s some change about mechanic cost repair for destroyers ^^

Here let me list my top 3 concerns:

• “Warthunder like Tech tree” (forced grind to climb in tech tree of at least 2 ships per level instead of the old Synergy system). I only see a Marketing decision there. We told you to keep your new playerbase, are you trying to sink your own game ? Lots of my corpmates and new recruits are already grinding their teeth… yeah, and no joke their.

It motivates players to evolve in game more, besides 28 ships for each faction is not so big cost.

Destroyer maintenance cost: paying an average 250 000 credits, not per battle but PER Ships destroyed count… You can end a game with over 1M bill ! Trying to prevent a Destroyer spamfest with those costs ? Or trying a new Free2Play economy dictated by your investors ? If it’s the last one I feel sorry for the Dev. team.

already changed, look here :-)

Regarding “Ship assignements” comfort: We now have to drag and drop instead of simply clic of desired ship to fill the mission’s ship list.

I agree with you, it will be modified in future updates

Now what have you done right ?

New tech tree listing and animation is excellent

Personalizing all Secret Project and Destroyers Synergy level 4 and 8 (much appreciated, the 3 first SP were gettin’ old)

Manufacturing costs in terms of Parts are now fixed. Awesome.

Some tiny bugs corrected. Thank you.

New modules and gameplay with destroyers (too bad the gravity canon and the repulsor beam are missing to prevent Seal Clubbing) make want to stay a bit longer.

Thanks

the goods things with this update

more friendly to build spec ships , only need the requirement .

great idea with the ability to recraft as we want the ship without loss synergie :slight_smile:

we knew that players will like it, thanks

be carefull with the new feature , choising bonus for synergie .

project secrets ships can now use all best passif buff and in some case becoming a bit OP .

i.e a tackler with 9 modules and the 50% range buff , the same for ECM … with the special Module we can build ship without weakness

i undestand that’s the end game but its a risk to see more unbalance pvp game at T5

yep, we are careful, cause i admit that this may be risky, monitoring the situation

about the huge amount repair cost of destroyers as i said on an other topic

has been significantly decreased already

I could use a completely different set of key binds specific for destroyers. Would this be possible? Or at least a ‘toggle’ option for the ctrl key… or any other key with the same command function.

nice good move for the destroyers

nice to see Devs improve the game and mechanic this last 24h :slight_smile:

I could use a completely different set of key binds specific for destroyers. Would this be possible? Or at least a ‘toggle’ option for the control ctrl key… or any other key with the same command function.

right now we are thinking in direction to turn ctrl button in switcher of control modes, means you won’t need to hold it every time with your little finger. What do you guys think about it?

So far I’m satisfied with the changes brought about with this patch. I’ve been hoping for a larger class of ships ever since I picked the game up again. Sadly I haven’t constructed my own Destroyer yet due to a lack of Neodium, and the drop rate in open space seems very low (one ore per twenty mineral deposits picked up in a rank 7 sector).

right now we are thinking in direction to turn ctrl button in switcher of control modes, means you won’t need to hold it every time with your little finger. What do you guys think about it?

An option to toggle “Move towards cursor” on and off would be very handy. Even better would be to have a “Orient to last position” button: press it once to rotate the ship towards the cursor’s last position. This would allow pilots to find a course to follow, click the button once, and go back to shooting whatever needs shooting while the hull swings around.

That is what i was thinking of too. It’s very uncomfortable if not impossible to use active modules while holding ctrl and driving at the same time as well.

Destroyers are fun! I can’t judge them accurately quite yet since I do not have one nor do I have enough experience with them, but they completely change the battlefield to be very interesting, especially in dreadnought battles.

Tonight, a bunch of NA players decided to have a T3 party where everyone soloqueued and was left at the mercy of MM. Interestingly, I see a trend where the team with more destroyers tended to win more battles. It was a rather strong correlation, one which I’m not sure if that meant that people don’t know how to counter yet or something else. We’ll see.

A question: did you guys intentionally make the Destroyer invulnerable to collision damage with the asteroids in dread battles? I saw one destroyer collide with the asteroids in the middle of the map today and it took no damage whatsoever.

Also, are we going to do something about destroyerballs? I thought there was going to be a limit to how many of those could be in one battle. I’ve seen as much as 5 destroyers on one side, and it’s a little ridiculous.

As for the other changes,

• SUPER appreciate the ability to refit SP ships now. That is a _great _move by you guys - and allows for us to fine-tune our little masterpieces to fit our playstyles a lot better. Fantastic job on that decision.
  • The new UI changes are interesting. It will take me a little while to get used to the new ship tree, but it looks great! Kind of reminds me of the ship tree in World of Warships.
    • Minor irk: Before, it was possible for us to simply click on the ships we wanted to assign to our daily missions. Now, we have to click on the ship, then manually change the assigned slots. Can we reimplement the system before? It’s a little more convenient.
  • I like the camera angle changes when refitting. It’s a nice touch :wink:
  • AWESOME! FINALLY! LINK PARSING! You guys implemented it finaly! It’s little things like these that make the game more enjoyable - keep it up.

All in all, it’s a solid patch for me so far. Some kinks to iron out, but that’s to be expected with a major content patch. Of course, with any new content, it will take some time to figure out strategies, counters, team compositions, etc and incorporate that into the meta. So I’ve got some homework to do for that :smiley:

EDIT: AND PLEASE  ADVERTISE.  A major content patch is out now and I’m sure people would love to jump in and get some of that action! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME ADVERTISING DONE!

As I see, destroyers can be cut up by one single cov ops easily so support crew is a must. Therefore I think play style will change a lot.

As I see, destroyers can be cut up by one single cov ops easily so support crew is a must. Therefore I think play style will change a lot.

Yeah, I’ve already seen some team compositions where a single Destroyer has multiple pocket Engis with healguns. It works, but can be countered with Fun Phase Suppressor.

Destroyers are fun! 

Happy to see this from an experienced and skillful player. Really, thank you Mecron.

if that meant that people don’t know how to counter yet or something else.

I guess this reason is the most possible.

Also, are we going to do something about destroyerballs? I thought there was going to be a limit to how many of those could be in one battle. I’ve seen as much as 5 destroyers on one side, and it’s a little ridiculous.

Do you think are they really a problem, cause yesterday it was easy to deal with that with a group of ceptors?

A question: did you guys intentionally make the Destroyer invulnerable to collision damage with the asteroids in dread battles? I saw one destroyer collide with the asteroids in the middle of the map today and it took no damage whatsoever.

Let me check

I SUPER appreciate the ability to refit SP ships now. That is a great move by you guys - and allows for us to fine-tune our little masterpieces to fit our playstyles a lot better. Fantastic job on that decision.

The new UI changes are interesting. It will take me a little while to get used to the new ship tree, but it looks great! Kind of reminds me of the ship tree in World of Warships.

I like the camera angle changes when refitting. It’s a nice touch :wink:

AWESOME! FINALLY! LINK PARSING! You guys implemented it finaly! It’s little things like these that make the game more enjoyable - keep it up.

Thank you, we appreciate this.

Minor irk: Before, it was possible for us to simply click on the ships we wanted to assign to our daily missions. Now, we have to click on the ship, then manually change the assigned slots. Can we reimplement the system before? It’s a little more convenient.

I agree with this, should be modified

So I’ve got some homework to do for that :smiley:

go and build yours already! :slight_smile: