Spongie's Builds

K since I never shown my fits on eng forum, here… have some.

Grey falcon , atm fitted with Phase suppressor (way too good against destros), I was using the Sk’rah before that (same exact fit except for shaped charged shells) and before that the shrapnel (also same fit, for shrap with iridium slugs, if you know you will face good 'ceptor pilots: switch r6 implant to the third one (alpha inhibitor), otherwise for regular joes you won’t need that extra speed on your projectiles).

2rghsic.jpg r9fzmr.jpg 9zy7f7.jpg fjfgwi.jpg

Yes I don’t have a proton wall, Yes If I’m captain this is not a good choice. Stay always safe, when you already used one of the heals, when you are outnumbered -> evade -> escape, save the offensive modules for later. If you get slow down, don’t feel ashamed to use one of the healings just to escape the slows (shield ones have a faster reload time, so you can use it most of the time for this without much remorse) and go under “cover” in order to counter attack later. Tacklers are meant to be your worst opponent after all, and a good pilot can blast you pretty fast if you don’t react properly by escaping his slowing modules and the target painter. Fed interceptors don’t have shield volume nor a decent hull to rely on, main “raw” defense are the resistances (and maneuverability oc), so if you loose them (slows=adaptive off): find cover asap.
Grey one is the best covy out there if you ask me, quite good bonus on rotation/damage/resistance make it even better than the Peregrine (I always hated the wobbly behave from peregrine btw). Don’t underestimate the combination between strafe and rotation, full rotation speed is nice for some escaping maneuvers, but for attacking ones, stafe in combination with rotation is kinda crucial. R9-3 is the key, If you get out of shields and healings for them, ffs avoid crashes ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) Btw notice that when your shields are depleted, your main defense is off, wiggle back home. But don’t forget tho avoid crashes in this case, since no shield=no protection against “white damage”. So don’t only rely on rotation, always combine a good strafe speed with high rotation.
Pro tip: while facing a target, try to turn in a direction with the mouse while strafing in the OPPOSITE direction, you will end in a quite cool maneuver, really good for dogfight and general purpose attack 8). Ffs don’t fly this thing on ping above 80 or with fps lower than 100 ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Mjolnir  
If you fly this thing the right way, you can’t die… unless your team failed completely or you overextended or if you loose totally combat awareness and get focused hard by being in the wrong position.

19b3mr.jpg mvq6a0.jpg 55f2s.jpg 70eycp.jpg 11gjdwk.jpg

Once again: no proton wall. It have combat reboot and the Mj special module that remove any effects… that’s more than enough. It Is a ship for mid range operation, that means that in the range from 4000 to 0m you can shoot anything “bigger than a proper wiggling interceptor” and always hit. To be able to effectively shoot a good 'ceptor pilot you need closer range, I Would say, for them, starting from 2500m is ok. Not that I really notice the distance anyway, basically if I can’t hit someone 'cause he is too far and he is evading, IF I have still the speed module and/or the healing ready: I approach the target, deliver how many shots I can until I get focused, then: activate the speed modules (in case I need it, I spare my special module to retreat, not to attack, it is also really effective against ECMs while you escape since it removes “effects” and boost maneuverability not only speed) and healings,  combat reboot if you need it → go back home safe. DON’T USE THE CHARGED SHOT UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU WILL HIT. Shooting charged shots all the time is a waste on this gunship, when you have already a good alpha damage a_nd_ a nice rof and  a good crit chance (all of them, and in case you need it, those can be improved even more by overdrive and or overcharge). Basically with this ship, you should stay with your team and next a good cover where to hide in order to heal and avoid fire. Only charge your enemies if you have one of the 2 combinations of modules to escape (speed+combat reboot or healing; Overdrive +heal or cr). Once again, always try to use the fast shot not the charged one, if you need more dps: use the overcharge module and the overdrive if you will not need it any soon. If the enemy “breaks” in your lines, just retreat, if you get out of modules and way to escape: try to bring to the grave with you as many bast… as you can ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”). 
Warning: pretty useless against destroyers and heavy survivability guards/command. Avoid to shoot at them if they are not already half hull down or in a really bad spot  ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”). Also, above 150 ping this fit is less powerful. 

Mauler

6id7hs.jpg 2s8qtqd.jpg 29gbsbo.jpg slrzts.jpg

That’s a fit mostly made for survival game mode (fast reload for the modules and the rank9-3 implant to avoid die miserably by crashing). Probably Kraken will offer an overall better suite for the positron cannon

2rmv91e.jpg

but the fact is that I already have the Brokk, so by using the mauler and winning game, I’m farming monocristals with it. Also the Mauler have quite some nice bonus due the rank (+10 and +5 to the damage, and iirc +30 to resistance). Charged shots here are quite the way I use the Positron (at least against fighters and 'ceptors), the key with this gun is to achieve the best projectile speed in order to be able to hit pretty much anything at the right distance (around 3000m for fast target) timing the normal shots with the charged ones. NO minelayer, it is useful indeed, but it have the drawback of making you pretty visible on the map. Something that you want to avoid all the time since in order to acquire good firing range, sneaking in cloaked is the way to go here. If you get detected by an enemy approaching, activate reverse trust, the resistance buff module and shoot a blue torp If you have the “angle”, right before the jump shoot a guided torp to the nearest enemy. Sound tricky but after a while you do this it will become quite easy. Remember that your main gun is the Positron, the guided torpedo is only situational when you are doing this, even more: shooting a guided torp will most probably get you detected. I’ve used this ship with good results on high ping server (150 and up), ping compensation mechanic works quite good for shooting, way less for moving around, but most of the time you will only slide around and don’t use your trusters anyway
Pro tip: when you are in an engi, PLEASE don’t shoot with your healing weapons toward a friendly LRF hiding in scattering field between enemy lines. Healing are nice, but if you let the enemy to detect me, you are not doing a favor to your fella.
Another worthy advice is: don’t sit in respawn (obvious) or sneak in obvious position like the center of the maps or the top of them. It’s supposed to be “space”, there are other “directions” where to hide and shoot to enemies avoiding being detected. Usually players tend to not look so often to the bottom of the map for example. 

Brokk

First off: this is not some sorts of “guide” for normal engies, this is not the tankiest engi out there and it cannot be used as an Octopus or a Minotaur/Naga. But the healing output tnx to the main gun is pretty damn high. Try to avoid being focused at all, stay behind cover next to your best team mates and heal as much as you can. Shooting at opponents, it’s quite an “optional” (not shooting too much at enemies will also prevents you from being targeted).

28tb96b.jpg 55o09k.jpg a24qck.jpg ehgdwl.jpg

As I’ve said, this ship is nowhere near tanky and “forgiving” like other engies, main good thing it have is the healing weapon. Spoils it by staying in range with your allyes and by don’t use much the aftherburners since the gun consume tons of energy (also the r12-2 implant gives a nice boost on energy combined with a voltage regulator if you don’t move too much around). Use the blue torp only for self defense when an enemy focus you and get in close range. Otherwise try to spare them. Not that much to say after this apart: don’t focus your healing gun only on allies destros, other ships can be healed really fast by your gun, if they are in range; heal them first, than the destro (you have also other modules for healings, dessies will survive with those… hopefully). Last tips: maybe in an organized squad vs squad scenario there are better engies for the job. Last one: don’t get focused, uhm I’ve already said that? Well let me say it again: don’t get focused ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) and don’t move around alone, if your team is late on beacons, don’t go there alone (engies 101 :P) or if you are outnumbered hard.

More to come: maybe Cyning + Saw one

IF you update the builds regulalry, I’d like to add them to my guide, interested?

14 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

IF you update the builds regulalry, I’d like to add them to my guide, interested?

Why not? ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) but be aware, I edit my text a lot ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Just stay at PEGI12 xD

I never noticed a big effect using the heatsink with gauss, but other than that seems good. Must be difficult with only 2 resist modules : /

21 hours ago, Cr0 said:

I never noticed a big effect using the heatsink with gauss, but other than that seems good. Must be difficult with only 2 resist modules : /

IH do have effect if you rely more on fast shots instead of charged ones ,and for this gunship I think rof is crucial more than crit shots most of the times, since crit chance is already pretty good (on top of that: overdrive).

Yes, my mj do have an “hole” on thermal resistence. 99 of players will not spoil that if you play the way I described. Sure some players are really effective with lazors, in that case, if you are facing someone like Vovelhhcjdhbkch or Aggressor, just switch to another ship in your lineup. I do not believe in “one ship to rule them all” rule. Ships do have strong abilities and weakness, I believe the key is to always spoils the ship that fits your “needs” at any given moment in the battle.

Btw, really, unless you are facing really op lazor opponents you will be fine 99℅ of the times if you use the mj the way I described.

And I’ve tried raising thermal resistance instead of kinetic… It didn’t ended well XD, and adding another res module instead of buffin damage sounds like a waste to me. Avoid being fired, choose your opponents wisely and you will be fine even with less then 100 thermal resistance. The key to me is to always spoils ship’s main advantage, how you are able (or not ) to handle the weak spots, is what makes the difference between an “average pilots” and all the others.

You should use Focusing Lens instead of curved. You only lose a little effective DPS in exchange for not-complete-crap range.

5 minutes ago, Mecronmancer said:

You should use Focusing Lens instead of curved. You only lose a little effective DPS in exchange for not-complete-crap range.

It isnt pulse lasers that a suppressor. It has high spread and low projectile speed, crit ammo aint gonna do much on it with max range, plus it is an explosive weapon, its range with curved is 1850 irc, you rarely gonna need more than that with an inty, unless uou are doing strafe build

1 minute ago, xKostyan said:

It isnt pulse lasers that a suppressor. It has high spread and low projectile speed, crit ammo aint gonna do much on it with max range, plus it is an explosive weapon, its range with curved is 1850 irc, you rarely gonna need more than that with an inty, unless uou are doing strafe build

I stand corrected. I just use it on my Falcon-M to boost the ridiculous crit chance even higher.

19 hours ago, Mecronmancer said:

I prefer curved for the raw damage increase, which in this case, is kinda high without major drawbacks ( not like it happens for pulse, that became way too short ranged), the crit chance is already quite good, 56%. Also that range (1830) is more than enough for everything.

Btw Mauler in upload and some text correction goin’ on.

23 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

What a waste of a mauler ![o_O](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007.png “o_O”)

Yeah, a total waste…

That’s a fit mostly made for survival game mode

why no horizon or tachyon torp if you chose that to have on kraken  ![:018:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/018.gif “:018:”)
N.1 rule - if you are planning on using GTs then make sure you have tachyon. Because in the other case, you could have chosen a disintegrator.

also, tachyon GT will hardly get you detected. It is the best insurance if someone has emergency barrier and hides behind a rock.

also, another thing I forgot to mention, the GT deals Thermal damage, which can and will help you get the empires, since their main focus is on hull and not shield, you wear the shield off quite quickly with the EM damage, but you can’t do xxxx on hull, so sometimes even 1 torp gets gunships with 70-90% hull like apollos or lightbringers.

12 minutes ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

why no horizon or tachyon torp if you chose that to have on kraken  ![:018:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/018.gif “:018:”)
N.1 rule - if you are planning on using GTs then make sure you have tachyon. Because in the other case, you could have chosen a disintegrator.

also, tachyon GT will hardly get you detected. It is the best insurance if someone has emergency barrier and hides behind a rock.

also, another thing I forgot to mention, the GT deals Thermal damage, which can and will help you get the empires, since their main focus is on hull and not shield, you wear the shield off quite quickly with the EM damage, but you can’t do xxxx on hull, so sometimes even 1 torp gets gunships with 70-90% hull like apollos or lightbringers.

Kraken fit is made as a blue torpedo spam gunboat for beacon’s games, it have diff implants and also a missile pilon. I don’t rely too much on em scattering field on that fit, more on tanky hull. As always on my LRF special module is just a situational weapon, so I would not “waste” an active module for buff that. Many others have diff tactics with theirs LRFs, I’m not the best in a LRF at all, I have a “way” to use them, and I spoil that.
Same can be said about being not detected by using a fast tachion GT, true it do it’s job by also being “sneaky”, but I need the 4 active modules I have installed, otherwise my fit “kinda” doesn’t work.

About EM damage on hull not being so effective, well: true. but you know how much damage do a crit shot from that positron? A lot ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”), also in survival mode, almost 90% of empire gunship that don’t equip an EB are a oneshot kill, or in worst case scenario a 2 hit for kill.

On 3.1.2017 at 9:52 PM, Spongejohn said:

Vovelhhcjdhbkch

I’m going to hazard a guess that this means me.

20 minutes ago, Vohvelielain said:

I’m going to hazard a guess that this means me.

Yes, I (not the only one btw) always had some serious issues trying to spell your name. That’s the best try I ever did. 

so you basically hide behind a rock and haul unguided torps on beacons and hope to kill someone while trying to shoot inties in 5500 range? I’m not sure why would you necessarily need that hull boost on the third active slot then. Maybe if you cruise around the whole map hunting for people and getting into a 1v1 with guard or any frigate…

anyway, why do you use spatial scanner? If you’d have trated that for horizon you would have had a way better suppression.

1 hour ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

so you basically hide behind a rock and haul unguided torps on beacons and hope to kill someone while trying to shoot inties in 5500 range? I’m not sure why would you necessarily need that hull boost on the third active slot then. Maybe if you cruise around the whole map hunting for people and getting into a 1v1 with guard or any frigate…

anyway, why do you use spatial scanner? If you’d have trated that for horizon you would have had a way better suppression.

I use the kraken like an empire gunship with less manuverability and more hull. Spamming torps on a beacon at the right time: is a legit, derp, effective way to deny enemie’s captures. Also:it’s fun

Starting from 4500m with that amount of projectile speed (11648) means you can hit everyone. Even the small ultra fast rotating ceptors: if you can aim. To me It’s more effective to shoot this way instead of not even trying to target ceptors ('cause you can’t hit them if you lower projectile speed) and focus on bigger, more easy to target, slow ships. An horizon on that build is pretty useless since I need to stay close to my targets otherwise i would not be able tohit anythin which is too fast on longer distances. So in the end it wil only lower my damage and nothin else.

The active modules to raise resistance on mauler and kraken are there to compensate the reverse trust malus and to raise my chance of survive if something went really wrong (means: it gives me 3 or 4 more seconds to try to kill who is ambushing\focusing me). But main reason is for reverse trust anyway.

Spatial scanner gives crit chance. 1 spatial scanner and 2 infrared scanner gives a bit more crit chance than 3 infrared (well ok, the difference is minimal, but since I have it why not using every little boost I can get?) due how stackin module’s mechanic works.

4 hours ago, MightyHoot said:

What a waste of a mauler ![o_O](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007.png “o_O”)

Off to a bizarre start to the year when I agree with tillo ![:004j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004j.png “:004j:”)

Not getting noticed is right. But lots of pos cannon shots get you noticed more than the fewer bigger b***h slaps. Why the multi stack of every projectile speed and the cooler? Never found that much was needed even on a 6k ranged cannon (150 ping +). It is a slight adjustment in play and aim but not too much.

Resist mod I dont really get either. Maulers shield bonus is like having 10 passives. Ruins the offensive capabilty by not having tachyon for the classic chasing the seat of his pants ‘pro’ while you asswarp to safety. Or even the newer energy converter u kill me I break your toughest team mate hilarity. Or just bout anything that would be better if you are anywhere near your team.

I agree though some heals can get you killed and much of the theory is right but the ship has much greater/troll potential than is allowed with that build.

15 minutes ago, JCNB said:

Off to a bizarre start to the year when I agree with tillo ![:004j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004j.png “:004j:”)

Not getting noticed is right. But lots of pos cannon shots get you noticed more than the fewer bigger b***h slaps. Why the multi stack of every projectile speed and the cooler? Never found that much was needed even on a 6k ranged cannon (150 ping +). It is a slight adjustment in play and aim but not too much.

Resist mod I dont really get either. Maulers shield bonus is like having 10 passives. Ruins the offensive capabilty by not having tachyon for the classic chasing the seat of his pants ‘pro’ while you asswarp to safety. Or even the newer energy converter u kill me I break your toughest team mate hilarity. Or just bout anything that would be better if you are anywhere near your team.

I agree though some heals can get you killed and much of the theory is right but the ship has much greater/troll potential than is allowed with that build.

That speed do makes difference when you target fast ceptors. At least for me. The cooler helps me to aim longer while chargin shots or fast shoot to kill someone.

Resistence on shield are calibrated for the usual weapon that a long range get focused by. Tachion as I said, wuold mean for me to leave behind one of the modules I need in order to play as I know, and that gives me more reliability.

I think it’s trolly enough btw.