SPHERES!

So I’m totally hyped about the alien sphere engines (even though the default ship engines aren’t spheres or even green but that’s an error on the devs’ part…) so I’m gonna spit out a buncha sphere ideas because why not!

Name: Mine Sphere

Recharge: 25s

Tooltip: If the user triple-taps their afterburners, a sphere will detach and float in space. If an enemy comes within 200m of it, it will detonate dealing EM damage in a 350m radius. After detaching, the ship’s maximum speed is reduced by 8% for 15 seconds.

Name: Warp Sphere

Recharge: 30s

Tooltip: If the user triple-taps the strafe down button, a sphere will detach and float in space. If an enemy comes within 200m of it, they will be randomly teleported 5000m in any direction. Sphere teleports all enemies for 10 seconds. Ship slows down by 8% for 15 seconds.

Name: Plasma Sphere

Tooltip: The ship’s engine trail will damage any ships that fly through it for 1,000 thermal damage per second.

Name: Infected Sphere

Tooltip: Any ships that pass through the user’s engine trail will be afflicted with a random status ailment for 5 seconds, every 2 seconds.

Name: Ecto-Sphere

Recharge: 30s

Tooltip: If the user triple-taps the forwards thruster button, the user and all allies within 300m will cloak for 10 seconds.

Name: Hunter Sphere

Tooltip: Using modified crystallid technology, the ship is outfitted with a Hunter’s engine. It changes the sound and appearance of the engines, as well as enables automated defence systems that deal 500 thermal damage per second to all ships in a 750m radius.

Name: Fox Sphere

Tooltip: Turns the user’s ship in to a Hunter. Pairs well with the Hunter Sphere.

Also the teleport sphere should be double/triple tap only as well. Having it permanently active is really annoying.

Ecto sphere may be a bit op… every 30 secs easy escape… well…

But the others are very nice (well the fox shphere may be nonesnse but it is ok. We all know you love the hunter)

I like the idea but for players who hate the thar’ga they will get crazy ^^’

11 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

So I’m totally hyped about the alien sphere engines

What are they, these alien spheres? Can you give us some more info, or a link to the thread they were discussed, please?

If you don’t have an elly ship you will have no idea what I’m talking about. The “Spheres” are the engine mod abilities that the ships can have.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

If you don’t have an elly ship you will have no idea what I’m talking about. The “Spheres” are the engine mod abilities that the ships can have.

I have one build but just rank6 and do not fly it.

What are the names and ranks?

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

I have one build but just rank6 and do not fly it.

What are the names and ranks?

They are listed by default as the literal only engine modifiers that elly ships can use. They just have various effects such as increased accel or speed or rotation etc. One of them teleports you when you raise your ship, and another is like an automatic energy router that increases engine parameters permanently as long as you don’t use modules or weapons.