Special Operation: Tier V Destroyer mission server stability issue

Bug report:

Special Ops - Destroyer (Full Wing with accomplished players)

What happened?

I was playing Special Ops with my friends in a Wing, for this event:

https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/28976-special-ops-defiler-and-destroyer-wing-assembly/?p=343811

Everything was fine, until we all suddenly began to lag, but it was not the usual lag.

Ping was normal and no packet loss was shown, but everything just started behaving very strangely.

Normal gameplay was not possible. It happened multiple times! All affected videos will be shown!

This issue affected ALL PLAYERS! I was not the one recording that video!

This is game-breaking bug! It could be related to the servers, or you introduced some new bug into the mission with the latest update?!

Is it possible, that the game got some kind of data overload, but it happened almost every time, except for once in T5?!

I was trying to organize the event and instead of promoting a good mission, I will have to promote bugs again.

Game logs:

Videos: (all affected videos will be shown tomorrow)

More videos will follow!

I think that I was online when this happened. I honestly had no idea what was going on. All I knew is that I couldn’t play worth a toot.

I think that I was online when this happened. I honestly had no idea what was going on. All I knew is that I couldn’t play worth a toot.

I lost all faith in Star Conflict team… It was the first time for me, when it was horrible, well except if I remember those slowdowns and wooble incidents at T3 Tournaments… so it did happened before!

I also participated, the stuff happens @ the 20:40 minutes remaining mark or around that (21:00-20:00 mins). When i was in however (3rd round? last try) i seemed to be the only one experiencing the problem, the others said it was fine. Me on the other hand had my CO jump all over the place like you see ships in open space spazzing across the map. Took like 30 seconds or a bit more to finally be able to fly my ship again. Luckily i was the God of Dodging while it was happening and none of the Destroyer’s projectiles hit me :smiley:

I saw the video, sometimes the same behave happens also during Dread battles…

In your logs I have seen packet loss. It is the most probable reason of your lags. Try to [examine](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/) connection at lags period.

Skula it happened to all players in the wing. It’ s not only Koromac connection problem.

Skula it happened to all players in the wing. It’ s not only Koromac connection problem.

Yes, all 12 in the wing got the same issue!

In your logs I have seen packet loss. It is the most probable reason of your lags. Try to [examine](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/) connection at lags period.

And when its a conenction issue its your server connection(look at 11:29 my conection its not near 1% utilization)

The game.exe overloads the CPU usage!

logs from the last destroyer game where mass lag happened.

[combat.rar](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10272)

[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10273)

[game.net.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10274)

It happened again today!

The video will be provided soon, probably by tomorrow!

Logs:

happened today again. Couldn’t finish the game. Clearly a game bug  not a connection or server problem. My ping was fine, about 28ms and 0% packet loss. Rubberbanding appears to happen only if you pass the stage when the purple lasers activate too quickly. The game somehow overloads itdelf with too much extra information and it burns CPUs.

[2015.12.12 17.26.39.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10276)

Alright, so we tried it again 3 times. 2 went well, 1 bugged @ 50% health or @ 20:40 minute mark when 50% is hit, for all players.

If my guess is correct 50% health triggers the “dissectors” (purple beams). So that’s when sh*t hits the fan.

Another thing that happened is that the more of us ended up dead and didn’t use duplicators or disconnected the game started going smoother with each dead / DCed person.

Just an idea: the game bugs out and multiplies the instances of info it has to send to players and overloads (just based on something i heard modders complaining about in X3 and Skyrim for example and why making a multiplayer mod is so troublesome). But i’ll let the code-works to those who know better.

[2015.12.12 21.42.36.rar](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10277)

Actually I haven’t got the cpu utilization high - about 30% (that’s about normal). Game.exe was taking 1.9GB of RAM, FPS was fine around 120FPS, no packet loss 27 ms ping. Please see attached logs and results of con_tester.

[con_tester.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10278)

[Logs.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10279)

The game.exe overloads the CPU usage!

That happens (mostly) when Gpu can’t handle graphics.

Lower effects, resolution, antialiasing and such OR buy a new gpu :stuck_out_tongue:

That happens (mostly) when Gpu can’t handle graphics.

Lower effects, resolution, antialiasing and such OR buy a new gpu :stuck_out_tongue:

9400 GT…

i’v bin thinking of getting a GeForce GT 640640

IT HAPPENED AGAIN, NOW ON DEFILER SPECIAL OPS!

Video will be posted!

It happend again. On defiler mission this time. I put it that way. I have a machine that runs this game comfortably. How comfortably? My GPU switches to powersave mode running full detail and full FPS. My CPU shows 37 degrees. So it’s not performance of my computer a problem. It’s not a problem with my connection. So it leaves 2 things - client or server. 

Skula1975, will this be fixed?