Special abilities

this thread shall be used to discuss the ship’s special abilities and how to improve and might even replace them

empire wardens overdrive

current: makes you faster, increases manoeuvrability and fire rate, removes all ECM effects

improvement: you are invulnerable to all ECM effects 5 secs after you activated the special

reason: if you are stunned you activate your overdrive and can defend yourself, the attacker however can stun you again using another module -> you are still able to defend yourself with the tweaked version

Imo -

Federation Fighter - Cloaking now has 10 second cool down

Federation Interceptor - Now has a cloak, that gives them 25% movement and acceleration bonus when cloaked)

Federation Frigate - Cloaks all allies in 1500 meters for 25 seconds. Taking fire will break this effect. 90 second cool down

Empire Fighter - Removed Increased attack speed. Increased energy regeneration, speed and acceleration by 25%.

Empire Frigate - All near by allies in 1500 meters have increased speed and acceleration by 35% for 15 seconds. Further, they are immune to engine disable effects. 90 second cool down.

Jericho Interceptor - EMP : does 500 damage to any enemy in 3k, only damages shielding. 20% of the damage done is sapped back into the interceptors shields 3 seconds later. emp breaks target lock of all enemies hit.

Jericho Fighter - Skill Changed: Now consumes 10 energy every 2 seconds. For every 10 energy consumed, 100 shield Hp is restored every 2 seconds. 5 second cool down on toggle.

Jericho Frigate - Now Bubbles all near by allies in 2000 meters with an invulnerable shield for 3 seconds. Any damage taken in this time, will cause the ship to be healed for that amount after the 3 second invulnerability period.

some good ideas but i do believe special abilities should only affect your / your opponents ship

in fact i like the part about the cloaking of the medium fighter of the feds

one modification might increase your damage after cloaking for 5 secs by 50% the other one will increase your resistances / speed or doubles the target lock on time

here is my contribute to this post i think everyone should do the same and post a vote from 1 to 10 for each special in every faction

Let’s go

EMPIRE

Empire Interceptor Mini-warp 8

Execellent. The best special for interceptors. Just fly away in the right direction and you never die lol. Very useful in capuring beacons, help mates in trouble etc.

Empire Fighter Overdrive 9

Maybe the best special in game. Disable an enemy by an active module or emc missile and start the overdirve to kill anyone in 2-3 seconds lol…Maybe overpowered??? Let me think abou this…mmm…YESSSSS!!!

Empire Frigate Disintegrator 9

Amazing special. Simply it’s like mounting another weapon on the ship. Works great and completely ruins the dogfighting…pls consider to drastically reduce range or even better damage (40% at least)

FEDERATION

Federation interceptor plasma-web 3

Simple the most useless special in game…It clelarly does nothing!!! No damage at all!!! You can remove it from the game if you like, i don’t use it anymore lol Damage would need to be increased about 100-150% Maybe devs should simply think to remove it and replace with something better.

Federation Fighter cloaking 9

The only good special on federation ships it’s clever and work great useful to save yourself if in trouble or to surprise anemy ship…but…It’s the only special disabled in reconaissance mode…?! WHY??? Then disable all the specials on all the other ships during reconaissance mode on each faction!!! Democracy lol

Federation Frigate drones 4

Damage sustained by drones is simply ridiculous and makes this special completely useless too, above all in comparison of Empire disintegrator and Jericho torpedos wich are simply extra weapons and veeeeryyy powerful ones…!!! I appreciate the regenerating power on vanguard faction but nothing special…so why not simply drastically increasing the damage sustained by theese completelly useless drones…??? Or even better why not equipping drones with same weapons choosed on the ship…??? Fed frigates would have 2 more turrets in this way mounting same weapons as the ship (maybe 40 secs cooling down…), simply making drones an extra weapon just the way desintegrator and torpedos work actually on empire and jericho frigates!!!

JERiCHO

Jericho Interceptor Field of Energy 7

Not bad! Useful to earn some time to evade if you are in trouble and to disable enemyes near the beacons.

Jericho Fighter Phase shield 9

Simply amazing. Just set it on the riht class of weapons in 1vs1 fight to get an incredible useful advantage on your enemy.

Jericho Fighter Guided Torpedo 9

An incredible super powerful extra weapon for jericho frigates. Still overpowered and still ruining dogfighting exactely same as empire frigates disintegrator.

i don’t know why everyone thinks empire specials are overpowered - did you try to control a attackship while in overdrive? you can’t manoeuvre properly since the game is too slow to show the ship’s movement…

though i agree with you: the steering improvements needs to be lowered

to the plasmaweb - it happens to me that i (in an empire ship!) get killed…same for the drones…they usually screw up your attempt to sneak up on a frigate

however they should recieve some love and buffing

the sniper abilities…i spend a thought or two on them…

empire desintegrator -> empire flak cannons

frigate will stop moving, the primary weapons are unusable and the frigate activates two turrets (top, bottom) which are equipped with short range flak cannons which deal thermal damage in a small area…rof and damage should be well balanced

since the empire currently defends earth this item seems reasonable to me

jericho guided torpedo -> jericho shockwave

the frigate gets stationary and overloads it’s shields. once they are fully charged a powerful shockwave repells nearby enemies up to 3.5 km depending on size, drones protecting the beacons get destroyed

the wave itself doesn’t deal any damage but jams all systems on the affected ships which recieve collision damage if they hit something

firgates usually end up being cornered by enemy interceptors…it’s also good to clear beacons in domination

to the cloak: it should be allowed for fed pilots (capt. and normal pilots aswell) to cloak and disappear, unseeable unless they are affected by the spy drones

i don’t know why everyone thinks empire specials are overpowered - did you try to control a attackship while in overdrive? you can’t manoeuvre properly since the game is too slow to show the ship’s movement…

though i agree with you: the steering improvements needs to be lowered

to the plasmaweb - it happens to me that i (in an empire ship!) get killed…same for the drones…they usually screw up your attempt to sneak up on a frigate

however they should recieve some love and buffing

the sniper abilities…i spend a thought or two on them…

Hi m8, already posted my opinion about disintegrator and torpedoes…they are extremely pverpowered compared to fed frigate so. Basically there are 2 thigs to do:

1. Nerf them

2. Increase the fed frigates drone special the way i said

About overdrive on attack emnpire ships don’t forget that it not only effects on speed but above all on weapons too so, as i said, just disable your enemy and kill him with overdrive in 2-3 sec…very easy way to win

About plasma web and drones on fed i really suggest you to try couple of battle on federation vanguard ships…lol Those specials are the most useless stuff in this game. Plasma web couldn’t kill a single fly or mosquito in this game so if you have been killed for sure damage came form somewhere else and that useless plasma web just gave you the lsat shot…maybe, but you would have died anyway. Same with the useless drones…if u got killed form those stupid drones it should have been just coup de grace and nothing more…your end was close anyway i’m sure :wink: Anyway those drones can’t kill anything on their own, they are really nothing compared to disintegrators or torpedos…those are weapons that can kill…Federation dornes just add some colour in space emptyness and nothing more lol

as far as i know the entire ECM modules for the attack ship have been exchanged with the interceptor modules…

the only option to freeze someone is to use the ecm missile…and that thing won’t hit anything but targets in front of you

furthermore it’s almost impossible to dogfight in a overdrived ship since it tends to break completely free - i usually hit the astroids if i try to fight in close quarters since the ship develops a weird behaviour

come on guys, post ideas :slight_smile:

in fact i came up with a possible buff of the drones…

when the frigate’s special is activated it releases six small drones (different design than the current one) which can be given simple orders:

1. attack my target

the drones will behave like the missile slot ones and attack the currently locked enemy

1. protect me

the drones take positions (top, bottom, rear, front, left and right) and will stay at their positions…

the vanguard drones will build a second shield barrier (50%-75% of the actual shield strength) but are unable to fire

once this barrier has been breached the drones will behave like the armada ones except for the anti missile part

the armada stays with the anti missile system (mines and nukes too), the drones attack either one attacking enemy or the currently locked target

Ahoy mates,

i preferrably use federation ships, since i started out with them,

and generally like their idea of being speedy.

I have made good experience using the drones,

as they are ok the way they are now.

BUT

Empire specials and Jericho specials are not.

I agree to nerfing those specials,

by a rather standard method:

Empire Desintegrator:

It has a big disadvantage,

and that is its direct line of fire.

obscured targets will not be hit

and you have aim carefully.

Just nerf its rate of fire and its ok.

Empire Overdrive:

It currently gives a big bonus on fire rate, maneuverability,

kicks out of ecm! and grants additional boni if flying a subfaction ship?

Plz repair this broken, out of bounds special.

It has been there since the start of open beta,

and it shall stay, reduce the bonus given

and its ok. again.

Jericho Guided Torpedo:

The frigate skill with the most tactical advantage

in my opinion.

You can shoot targets behind the asteroids if you steer it carefully,

have a big explosion radius and deal 1,5 times the dmg of the desintegrator?

Ok that skill looses some viability to missile defense,

but thats it. Make it cool down longer, it can refire too quick,

granting a camping mode.

General Mod-Idea:

Give us passive boons, for REMOVING

a special ability.

Just a quick idea: make specials drain shield. After all, the shield is a energy barrier and those special abilities should drain lots of energy. So in order to use them, some main function (read: shield) has to suffer in order to use this ability.

Here are My revisions to Ability changes. These are for frigates, and they have a “charge up” effect, the long you dont use them, the stronger they get.

Empire Frigate

Now changed. Shoots a large beam (instead of a pulse) 

newlas10.jpg

The Beam Will be around 250 or 500 Square Meters.

If ships enter the beam, they take damage per a second.

DPS will be around 650 

Charge rate will be

50% = No wait on charge

100% = 2 Second wait on charge

200% = 4 Second wait on charge

400% = 8 Second wait on charge

Impact will be around 250

Federation

1 drone is created every 2 seconds, up to 5 drones. 

At 5 drones, the drones get a cloaking ability and will cloak until attacking the target.

Drones will have 2500 hp, 160 dps, high rof

Jericho

Jericho’s missile has been changed from player guided, to guided as a result their stats have changed.

Jericho ability will now load 1 missile every 2 seconds.

Missiles will have 9500 Flight range, 1500 Flight speed, and 80 Mobility,

Impact Damage will be around 125 base. 

Will create up to 7 missiles over 7 seconds.

Note: Because the weapons will “charge up” automatically instead of plasma “Charge by holding down”

Note: Because all weapons will get 50% Damage nerf if spamming left click, there will be no cool down on the frigate abilities.

EMP - Jericho

Instantly releases an Aoe explosion, for 2km damaging ships for 550 EM damage. 50% of damage done, heals the interceptors shields. If the target has no shields, it will break target lock, and prevent targeting for 3 seconds.

Federation - Cloak (Interceptor/Fighter)

Cool down reduced by 10 seconds.

Now grants 35% Movement speed while cloaked.

Empire Overdrive 

Removed RoF increase, can no longer over heat.

Phase Shield  Renamed to "Regenerative Shielding"

Removed Resistance.

Now regenerates shielding 225% every 2 seconds, at the cost of 45 energy a second.

Cannot regenerate energy while active. 5 second cool down.

well seeing lot of nice idea here… definetely specials need to be rebalanced before clan wars arrive

just to get one thing about the so hated overdrive clear

basic version

improves ROF, Speed and Steering by 66% (?) for ~15 secs.

Legion

like basic but also increases all hull (?) resistances by 60pts.

Warden

like basic but also removes all debuffs such as Stasis or Ion Beam

(you can be stunned again just after you have shaken free of the last stun…i suggest the ship will become imune to any kind of ECM till the overdrive has worn off…)

while flying a ship which is in overdrive it is hard to manoeuvre properly…if you still believe this special is overpowered go get yourself an empire attackship and do some cqc with active overdrive …

another idea: let’s have the devs look over all suggestions and complaints so they can come up with own ideas and call out a vote so we can choose which we like the best…

the mechanics of the stuns etc need to be addressed themselves, so lets deal with that issue on the side, and keep the forum topic on OP’s topic.

it’s obvious that they are trying to make fed frigates brawlers in comparisson to the empire and jherico frigates… and that’s fine… but you can’t brawl with a ship that turns like a donkey…

heres an idea for the fed frigates…

For 20 seconds on activation all res increased and speed increased, shield regens x amount of hp per 2 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

or if you really want to keep the drones then fine. increase range to 3k scale dps a bit better and put a small shield regen while drones are out.

Here are My revisions to Ability changes. These are for frigates, and they have a “charge up” effect, the long you dont use them, the stronger they get.

Empire Frigate

Now changed. Shoots a large beam (instead of a pulse) 

newlas10.jpg

The Beam Will be around 250 or 500 Square Meters.

If ships enter the beam, they take damage per a second.

DPS will be around 650 

Charge rate will be

50% = No wait on charge

100% = 2 Second wait on charge

200% = 4 Second wait on charge

400% = 8 Second wait on charge

Impact will be around 250

Federation

1 drone is created every 2 seconds, up to 5 drones. 

At 5 drones, the drones get a cloaking ability and will cloak until attacking the target.

Drones will have 2500 hp, 160 dps, high rof

Jericho

Jericho’s missile has been changed from player guided, to guided as a result their stats have changed.

Jericho ability will now load 1 missile every 2 seconds.

Missiles will have 9500 Flight range, 1500 Flight speed, and 80 Mobility,

Impact Damage will be around 125 base. 

Will create up to 7 missiles over 7 seconds.

Note: Because the weapons will “charge up” automatically instead of plasma “Charge by holding down”

Note: Because all weapons will get 50% Damage nerf if spamming left click, there will be no cool down on the frigate abilities.

EMP - Jericho

Instantly releases an Aoe explosion, for 2km damaging ships for 550 EM damage. 50% of damage done, heals the interceptors shields. If the target has no shields, it will break target lock, and prevent targeting for 3 seconds.

Federation - Cloak (Interceptor/Fighter)

Cool down reduced by 10 seconds.

Now grants 35% Movement speed while cloaked.

Empire Overdrive 

Removed RoF increase, can no longer over heat.

Phase Shield  Renamed to "Regenerative Shielding"

Removed Resistance.

Now regenerates shielding 225% every 2 seconds, at the cost of 45 energy a second.

Cannot regenerate energy while active. 5 second cool down.

this suggestion is the only one which is put any decent thoughts into and i actually like most of it and could be accepteble, everything else is just mindless nerf/buffs with little to no thought set in what the consequence of them would be on the mechanic -.-

and calling nerf on any type of “sniping” ships becouse they break dogfights? are you just stupid or didnt you get the memo that they are SUPPORT SHIPS!!! THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO KILL YOU IF YOU ARE DOGFIGHTING IN LOS!!! t2+ its retardedly easy to get of LOS  and outmanouver the guided torp. at the same time get in CQC with these “sniper ships” and you utterly rape them in a 1v1. maybe actually try to use these ships before calling for idiotic nerfs.

overdrive an ability i think is crazily powerfull compared to the other frigs ability, i do think its ok balanced though due to the fact empire fighters got next to NO!! survivability or sustainability compared to the other fighters.

i doubt any of the people calling for these nerfs ever actually thought of what the strength of the other races is.

jaricho is mainly that it’s shield tanked which is incredibly good for sustained survive and that it got a permanent very high resist increase (equelly sniping does next to nothing too them ) which can also result in higher dps, or high armor regen.

camo give you an almost instant “get free of death card” when things goes wrong.

empire fighters, well once they engage they don’t have those extra survivability and if they dont kill you fast they get outlasted and outmanouvered and killed, they NEED that overcharge to stand a chance, especially considering the other fighters sustainability.

granted a bit more relayable utility could be added to the other races abilities, but no nerf to overcharge should be done.

Do these abilities really need to be faction specific?