Something Something

6 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Ultimately I would like to recreate the Steam Browser which the internet contains images so this is why I need this but I am still learning a lot of this stuff and its pretty complicated especially for someone like me who hasn’t done much at all with dx.

I like to write my own version of good programs that do what I want and not what they, for example, steam - valve, wants.

https://github.com/Waterflames/DXFlatKit

maybe smth like this is interesting (haven’t looked closer into it)

12 minutes ago, John161 said:

https://github.com/Waterflames/DXFlatKit

maybe smth like this is interesting (haven’t looked closer into it)

Yes, this looks great too. Seems to be following the same path as Overwolf which runs great, is optimized and also gives more compatibility.

I’ve done a fair bit of searching for this type of thing but not recently. the one [@xKostyan](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/236074-xkostyan/) gave is even written in a very recent runtime.

1 minute ago, xXConflictionXx said:

I like to write my own version of good programs that do what I want and not what they, for example, steam - valve, wants.

i think this brings me to the circle of idiocy. not personal at you, it is actually more about me.

a) you want to do everything on your own. so you start to reimplement everything that does things wrong, bad, or way too complicated, ignoring every outside force trying to tell you it doesnt work like that. only an idiot thinks he can do everything better. But, to become smart, one best starts as an idiot, right?

b) you screw a. because you know you could do it if time would grow on trees, but is better spent in someone else doing it. if they ask, and there is no library yet, you say, it is technically impossible, because if someone believes that, he has no idea, and has to believe you. You do this until one day…

c) someone comes along, and calls u an idiot, because you do not seem to know how it works, based on you telling him it doesnt work, and he thinks it can be done better, so he goes on doing a). it is time to give him all your research and watch him ignore it.

3 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Steam Browser

I actually want that too. In Unity. I want QWebkit window in 3d app, even if just as an overlay. 

44 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

check that C# library i linked, it’s sole purpose to do that.

I am not sure how it does with images, but it renders shapes no problem

I hate you. I was too lazy to search how to do overlay in c# but you did it for me.

I’ll have to do some coding tonight because of you now.  

16 minutes ago, g4borg said:

i think this brings me to the circle of idiocy. not personal at you, it is actually more about me.

a) you want to do everything on your own. so you start to reimplement everything that does things wrong, bad, or way too complicated, ignoring every outside force trying to tell you it doesnt work like that. only an idiot thinks he can do everything better. But, to become smart, one best starts as an idiot, right?

b) you screw a. because you know you could do it if time would grow on trees, but is better spent in someone else doing it. if they ask, and there is no library yet, you say, it is technically impossible, because if someone believes that, he has no idea, and has to believe you. You do this until one day…

c) someone comes along, and calls u an idiot, because you do not seem to know how it works, based on you telling him it doesnt work, and he thinks it can be done better, so he goes on doing a). it is time to give him all your research and watch him ignore it.

I actually want that too. In Unity. I want QWebkit window in 3d app, even if just as an overlay. 

“Better” is a relative term. I am making it the way “I” like it. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Sometimes its not worth the effort though…

*almost there*

wwct1sk.png

32 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Sometimes its not worth the effort though…

same as with good&better, the “worth” of something is completely virtual anyway.

I say, it is always worth it, even if one fails.

the circle of idiocy in its original form basicly shows, that idiots move the world.

2 minutes ago, g4borg said:

same as with good&better, the “worth” of something is completely virtual anyway.

I say, it is always worth it, even if one fails.

the circle of idiocy in its original form basicly shows, that idiots move the world.

Does it mean it’s good that I’m an idiot? ![o_O](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007.png “o_O”) 

I want a script that spews memes into chat, constantly. Can anyone help me?

3 minutes ago, Elusif said:

This may be a meme free zone so I will put it in a spoiler…

Spoiler

72c61b2378df74330ae69f7732d1115de0dd6f1c

3 minutes ago, Elusif said:

Ah

Yeah

We need that

A micro app where you associate a shortcut with a sentence. And using that shorcuts sends it in the chat.

![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”)

19 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

A micro app where you associate a shortcut with a sentence. And using that shorcuts sends it in the chat.

Yeah it is called Lampshadius

aaaaaaaaand I’m done.

uJJ2J5V.png

Noice! Where is download link? ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

4 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Noice! Where is download link? ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

What download link?

16 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Yeah it is called Lampshadius

It’s called Lampedia

You just confused it with wikishadius.

tbh if it doesn’t work…

it’s_not_virus.rar

1 hour ago, MightyHoot said:

tbh if it doesn’t work…

[it’s_not_virus.rar](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14292)

Can you put the source code somewhere so I can enjoy it too?

1 hour ago, John161 said:

Yeah! When I set up github ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

5 hours ago, John161 said:

[@John161](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/143536-john161/) [@g4borg](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239042-g4borg/)

https://github.com/MightyEnki/sc-thingie