Something Something

2 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

Can u make it:

• show everything in Dictionary.txt just like it’s in text file
  • make continuous update overwriting previous display thingie
  • ah and so it’s not disappearing

There is limited space to play with on the hud. As it is now is 2 lines at a time and near bottom left of the screen which the location and font sizes can be changed in arguments when starting it.

Can you make a screenshot and outline a location of where an ideal place would be to render it?

And yes, I can make it so it doesn’t disappear, that was a feature but didn’t know exactly what you wanted. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

And lastly, can you provide me with some kind of sample of the text you are wanting to be put in Dictionary.txt? (The overlay shows the last full line per line = 2 total lines in overlay which updates if more is added to the dictionary. Again, I am not 100% certain on what you are visualizing in the completed project)

3 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Can you make a screenshot and outline a location of where an ideal place would be to render it?

u know where the missions are in hangar? There ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

And lastly, can you provide me with some kind of sample of the text you are wanting to be put in Dictionary.txt? (The overlay shows the last full line per line = 2 total lines in overlay which updates if more is added to the dictionary. Again, I am not 100% certain on what you are visualizing in the completed project)

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

• make continuous update overwriting previous display thingie

26 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

SC in-game overlay Enabler. (The concept is not different than when you are using steam overlay or overwolf, etc…)

The readme has all the info you need to do what you want.

Also, like the other exe I uploaded, I don’t have a license for it so it will be flagged as an untrusted file…

(This is for Windows only)

[SC_Overlay.7z](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14321)

Ok Ok I won’t ask again, but you could have pasted your readme also in the post, but w/e.

Imo for jut putting text onto the screen on doesn’t an additional library except the windows stuff, but yeah my DirectX code from a year ago is mostly copy pasta from a place I don’t want to mentipn here (at least some here probably know it) and in the end it was still buggy as hell since I never bothered to fix some stuff (but I had a version that played Hallelilja when you found a Monocrystal in Open Space)

500 lines / half of it is pasta

https://gitlab.com/JohnZi/scKDOverlay/blob/master/main.cpp

17 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

There is limited space to play with on the hud. As it is now is 2 lines at a time and near bottom left of the screen which the location and font sizes can be changed in arguments when starting it.

And yes, I can make it so it doesn’t disappear, that was a feature but didn’t know exactly what you wanted. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

also that’s why I asked for Settings.txt so I can adjust position of displayed text easily and displaying everything in Dictionary.txt would be perfect

4 minutes ago, John161 said:

Ok Ok I won’t ask again, but you could have pasted your readme also in the post, but w/e.

Imo for jut putting text onto the screen on doesn’t an additional library except the windows stuff, but yeah my DirectX code from a year ago is mostly copy pasta from a place I don’t want to mentipn here (at least some here probably know it) and in the end it was still buggy as hell since I never bothered to fix some stuff (but I had a version that played Hallelilja when you found a Monocrystal in Open Space)

500 lines / half of it is pasta

https://gitlab.com/JohnZi/scKDOverlay/blob/master/main.cpp

[@John161](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/143536-john161/) link gives 404

2 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

also that’s why I asked for Settings.txt so I can adjust position of displayed text easily and displaying everything in Dictionary.txt would be perfect

Yeah I don’t have an issue with that but honestly its just as easy to provide arguments.

But, with a settings file it would be a bit easier to understand instead of having to make a shortcut with the arguments so consider it done, ya know, when its done ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

1 minute ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Yeah I don’t have an issue with that but honestly its just as easy to provide arguments.

But, with a settings file it would be a bit easier to understand instead of having to make a shortcut with the arguments so consider it done, ya know, when its done ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

The ‘When I feel like it’ time-frame is best ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

13 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

[@John161](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/143536-john161/) link gives 404

should be fixed know, the repo was set accidentally to private.\

It’s just this put on GitLab

Okay, I did a few things you requested and I hope its getting closer ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Just edited the original post…

I know its probably not exactly what you want but I am not 100% understanding what you are wanting. Any further improvements will require being a bit more specific. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Fortunately I actually like doing this type of stuff and FYI, I am just using someone else’s DX9 dll’s so its not like i’m some kind of coding god lol *learning*

6 hours ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Okay, I did a few things you requested and I hope its getting closer ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Just edited the original post…

I know its probably not exactly what you want but I am not 100% understanding what you are wanting. Any further improvements will require being a bit more specific. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Fortunately I actually like doing this type of stuff and FYI, I am just using someone else’s DX9 dll’s so its not like i’m some kind of coding god lol *learning*

Putting random code from different gits/SO to one working as you want…

its-something.jpg

Will check improvements when I get myself to play TalkinConflict

8 hours ago, MightyHoot said:

Putting random code from different gits/SO to one working as you want…

Will check improvements when I get myself to play TalkinConflict

LEL, actually when I first started coding that’s pretty much exactly what I did but the more I do it the more I actually remember and can figure out myself.

There are a lot of areas unexplored for me yet though and DirectX is fully one of those areas. Fortunately the 2 dll’s did the hard stuff and the rest is just standard coding and trying to get a mental image of what you are wanting but, I think I get, to an extent, what you want.

Next update will show all of the text in Dictionary.txt all at the same time and the only way it will get updated is if you clear the text in that file and put in new text and then save. Each time you save FSW will refresh my program.

FileSystemWatcher makes that easy and uses very little resources while still being super fast instead of doing a sleep(100) which would mean that if it got updated within that sleep time then it would not see the changes but FSW fixes that. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

41 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

LEL, actually when I first started coding that’s pretty much exactly what I did but the more I do it the more I actually remember and can figure out myself.

There are a lot of areas unexplored for me yet though and DirectX is fully one of those areas. Fortunately the 2 dll’s did the hard stuff and the rest is just standard coding and trying to get a mental image of what you are wanting but, I think I get, to an extent, what you want.

Next update will show all of the text in Dictionary.txt all at the same time and the only way it will get updated is if you clear the text in that file and put in new text and then save. Each time you save FSW will refresh my program.

FileSystemWatcher makes that easy and uses very little resources while still being super fast instead of doing a sleep(100) which would mean that if it got updated within that sleep time then it would not see the changes but FSW fixes that. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

maxresdefault.jpg

imho copypasting lots of code and mixing it together to work is a totally valid autodidact way - especially to learn. sometimes its harder to finally learn a library, that does everything you need already, than trying it yourself.

monitoring file system changes in python is easy with the watchdog library, i used it cross platform. great library. great name. and since it was in the past somehow a sign of seniority, if you knew how to use select on linux, it also does it in the “right way”.

directx and opengl imho are not that complicated in the end, but i totally get the mystery behind them, same was for me, before i started looking into 2d/3d/stuff - it’s more a pain to realize, that having working something “consistently” is harder, and the past was full of “evolution” of those libraries, and many of the hurdles in regards of how they are used (in the past “initializing fullscreen”, which had no official dx way for dx1-5, today, how to write into another apps render data, aka overlay). Much of this is also related to the politics between hardware manufacturers, not really to the technical complexity behind it. There is way more mindbreaking stuff, than dx ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

in a way, it can’t be that magical, if MS managed to rewrite their DX every 2 versions totally.

Ok, I think this version is much closer to what you are looking for:

Also, complicated, again, is a relative term when it comes to coding. As for me and DirectX it’s only a matter of taking the time to learn it. When you walk into a Spanish speaking class and you don’t know Spanish then you will be lost at first. ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

5 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Ok, I think this version is much closer to what you are looking for:

Also, complicated, again, is a relative term when it comes to coding. As for me and DirectX it’s only a matter of taking the time to learn it. When you walk into a Spanish speaking class and you don’t know Spanish then you will be lost at first. ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

I don’t intend going in to Spanish class.

9 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

HEW HEW HEW

Also make sure and check the timestamp on when I updated the file so I don’t have to keep posting “Ok, I updated it again” O.o

I am going to re-upload with a version change so its easier to tell that it’s been updated.

HEW HEW HEW

Also make sure and check the timestamp on when I updated the file so I don’t have to keep posting “Ok, I updated it again” O.o

I am going to re-upload with a version change so its easier to tell that it’s been updated.

but why not writing about new posts?

Also DO A BOT NOW, DO A BOT.

1 minute ago, MightyHoot said:

but why not writing about new posts?

Also DO A BOT NOW, DO A BOT.

lol funny you would say that. I wrote a discord bot that logs all chat channels so you can see it in game. With the above program it would work perfectly and you could use the keyboard hook to reply even but that would require more coding. Also the bot has to be running which means it would need to be on a server and only one instance can be running or you get a line of chat for each instance.

I don’t have a server anymore and not sure I care about making it so you can reply also but just seeing it is good enough for me.

5 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

lol funny you would say that. I wrote a discord bot that logs all chat channels so you can see it in game. With the above program it would work perfectly and you could use the keyboard hook to reply even but that would require more coding. Also the bot has to be running which means it would need to be on a server and only one instance can be running or you get a line of chat for each instance.

I don’t have a server anymore and not sure I care about making it so you can reply also but just seeing it is good enough for me.

That just got 2techy4me ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

28 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

I’d like to inseminate:

: