So the rank 9 Fed frigs DON'T suck.

So I finally graduated to the Anaconda-M at long last.  The Armada drones make a huge difference, this thing rarely gets hits by missiles now. 

Currently I run some speed/regen buffs and maneuverability buffs.  I’ve also made the switch from lasers to plasma which I don’t regret at all.  You simply need the needler to take out the hulls of other frigs. 

I’ve also been using for actives, prop ihib/pulsar as a close range combo which has been great, and the warp gate has also been a lot of fun.

I also recently discovered that you can “fire” additional combat drones from your missile slot.  I’m still not sure how effective they are but having 3 drones flying around feels like a nice safety blanket.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts on the Anaconda-M?

I’m still in my Empire frigate, rank 9 as well. I have the benefit of access to blue quality attack drones. They are…“meh” they have about 1400 hull. They do about 200-300 thermal damage per hit. They have AMAZING range. 9,000m range is excellent. However, I find that I get more kills with minefields. Just my preference. 

After I get my rank 12 Empire Frigate, I plan on making the switch to Federation. It’s good to hear you’re liking it.

I’m still in my Empire frigate, rank 9 as well. I have the benefit of access to blue quality attack drones. They are…“meh” they have about 1400 hull. They do about 200-300 thermal damage per hit. They have AMAZING range. 9,000m range is excellent. However, I find that I get more kills with minefields. Just my preference. 

After I get my rank 12 Empire Frigate, I plan on making the switch to Federation. It’s good to hear you’re liking it.

Were on the same page with the same plans, lol.

I can’t wait to try out the federation frigs as well (8

lol im reverse

i made the change from plasma heavy cannons to long range lazors

on the plus side i gain accurate critical firing and 1k dmg to shields and hull(usually)

not sure how much your manueverbility helped because personally i ‘dodge’ by circling pillars or asteroids or stuff and usually, just dies.

also those drones pretty meh i am currently using nukes because of warp gate nuking or captain hunting or beacon clearing after i die

amarda drones in my opinion is meh unless you put on missile defense on :confused:

imo thou

Everyone keeps talking about minefields I’ll give those a try.  Any tips to making them effective?

beacons and captain 

lol im reverse

i made the change from plasma heavy cannons to long range lazors

on the plus side i gain accurate critical firing and 1k dmg to shields and hull(usually)

not sure how much your manueverbility helped because personally i ‘dodge’ by circling pillars or asteroids or stuff and usually, just dies.

also those drones pretty meh i am currently using nukes because of warp gate nuking or captain hunting or beacon clearing after i die

amarda drones in my opinion is meh unless you put on missile defense on :confused:

imo thou

So you think even with Armada drones you need the missile defense mod?  Hmmm…more testing required, although in 4 games I’ve only been hit by one missile, which is down from about 5 missiles per game before.  As for drones you might be right, how good is the nuke?  I’ve not tried it yet.  I basically just go for close range dmg.  I close in, 3 drones firing, prop inhib/pulsar and light up with plasma.  I may not be doing it right, but it is working. 

I tried long range lasers for a while, but I feel my job as a Fed Frig is to be in the fray causing a distraction, and buffing my mates.  And that has been fun.  I will say the collision module which boosts maneuverabilty and the speed mods are well worth it.  Being able propulsion inhib, then pulsar, then afterburner reverse on a interceptor while your drones blast him up, then finish him with kinetic plasma damage is priceless.

I don’t know how many times interceptors get on my xxxx, only to find out I’m kitted for close range, and they it’s bad day for you time man.

Sounds like you are doing it right. 

In regards to nukes - in my experience they are best dropped right after you die, by a beacon, with a lot of enemies trying to capture it.

I was playing a match of Combat Recon with my corp and all 4 of us were in fighters/interceptors. We flew around the sides, got to the captain (who was alone, derp). Destroyed him. And then we proceeded to do backflips and barrel rolls while saying “xxxx yeah! We rock!” over teamspeak. Next thing we knew - BOOM!   :smoke: buddy dropped a nuke before he died. Killed 1 of us, the rest of us were severely damaged and that’s when we noticed our captain was also dead.

Everyone keeps talking about minefields I’ll give those a try.  Any tips to making them effective?

Either use them around beacons, captain, or if an interceptor/fighter is diving right at you.

Also good to drop them in choke points like the holes that enter/exit the “sun”/fireball area on that one map.

it is not enough with armada drones (50second cd) and the metagame right now is missile heavy if yo want to save yo team mates from barrage of missile rape

nukes are only good in their face or when they are known to camp at your deathbed like beacons or captains or some other thing u might imagine

personally i run health+shield team repairs + anti missile + warp gate, heavily team dependant and warp gate for the surprise occassional captain rape only with heavy plasma guns thou

since i switch to lazors its more laid back and i kill more interceptors and fighters long range but alot lesser on frigates

Frigs really become in there own at rank 9 do to the forth active.

I am rocking hard with hull repair/pulsar/anti missile system/ proportion inhibitor.

Anti missile system(8 second cooldown) is way better then drones so I’m using the healing drones.

You will laugh the whole match watching interceptors crashing into walls and mines do to your proportion inhibitor its the funnies thing I’ve seen. Hell some of the have a wtf moment and you see them just stop in front of you trying to use their thrusters.

btw just for heads up

the lower tier anaconda has a bonus that gives you lesser cooldown with anti missile module

with mk2 you can go down to 8seconds or so 

even the bad missile system is what 15 seconds that’s more then enough time to ruin a team ability to use missiles 

true but why use partial defence when u can go FULL DEFENCE LOL :smiley:

Because I rather have the super heal the other drones do :) 

Face it both sets of drones have no health and die in 1 seconds, but you lose missile defense without the armada drones which hurts when you driving a a giant space bus.

I mean use both frigs just I like the Vanguard drones over Armada.

sometimes you want your team to survive not you lol

even thou hey vanguard have higher resist and healer drone(self heal) its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay obsolete lol

however just my opinion

I’ve have a Frig with  Armada drones and anti missile system give the mod a spin. Range on the anti missile systems nice since it fits under our group heals.

yea armada is bettar 

Frigs really become in there own at rank 9 do to the forth active.

I am rocking hard with hull repair/pulsar/anti missile system/ proportion inhibitor.

Anti missile system(8 second cooldown) is way better then drones so I’m using the healing drones.

You will laugh the whole match watching interceptors crashing into walls and mines do to your proportion inhibitor its the funnies thing I’ve seen. Hell some of the have a wtf moment and you see them just stop in front of you trying to use their thrusters.

Yup I love doing this…propulsion inhib, then wack the pulsar, do an afterburner reverse 180, then plasma the hell out of that inty.  Is big funs for sure.