So as a T1 pilot, I'm seeing a lot of T2 ships in matches

So, I’m not sure if matchmaking is working as intended as I am a new player, but from what I understood from TBs WTFis video is that T2 ships won’t face T1 ships unless there is a T2 in their hanger, yet I have all T1 ships, two being MK3 ships but still T1, yet I’ve seen a lot of T2 ships.

So is matchmaking by teir and people are bypassing the system, or is matchmaking not by teir and by some other category i am unaware of?

It used to be like in TB’s video, but it was chaned a few patches ago. Now tiers are being mixed, so t1 can land together with some t2, t2 can land with some t3 and so on.

Thanks for letting me know the devs just are idiots and don’t realize lower teir ships are at a horrible disadvantage in mixed fights

I just assume it happens when there aren’t enough players for your cue, the game seems to go out of its way to only go one rank above or below as best it can, but I’ve seen a few weird matches. Nothing funner than seeing that one team with all tier 2 ships except for one rank 7 ECM with nukes on it making its appearance, the pugs don’t know whats coming so you get to watch your entire beacon squad just disappear.

I just assume it happens when there aren’t enough players for your cue, the game seems to go out of its way to only go one rank above or below as best it can, but I’ve seen a few weird matches. Nothing funner than seeing that one team with all tier 2 ships except for one rank 7 ECM with nukes on it making its appearance, the pugs don’t know whats coming so you get to watch your entire beacon squad just disappear.

Oh god that…

OP, it’s actually more a factor of win-rate, if you have rank 3s in there. The better your win rate, the more likely you end up in T2. Not to say you can’t suceed, though; I did plenty well with my Herc 2 in T2. Just gotta know how to break off engagements and run for your ball.

So, I’m not sure if matchmaking is working as intended as I am a new player, but from what I understood from TBs WTFis video is that T2 ships won’t face T1 ships unless there is a T2 in their hanger, yet I have all T1 ships, two being MK3 ships but still T1, yet I’ve seen a lot of T2 ships.

So is matchmaking by teir and people are bypassing the system, or is matchmaking not by teir and by some other category i am unaware of?

As was hinted at in here… after you’ve achieved a certain win rate you can/will be pushed into T2 matches if you have rank 3 T1 ships in your hanger. The solution for this is to stick to rank 2 and lower, if you wish to remain in T1 play. Then there are always those with very low win rates, that can pull higher tier ships down into lower tier matches.

Even in T2, if you only have a rank 4, you shouldn’t be seeing much higher than a rank 5. It’s not horrible, the MM. It really isn’t, in comparison to something like WoT. It’s mostly the balance between classes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even in T2, if you only have a rank 4, you shouldn’t be seeing much higher than a rank 5. It’s not horrible, the MM. It really isn’t, in comparison to something like WoT. It’s mostly the balance between classes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems like the devs are xxxx since T1 mk2 weapons don’t do much damage towards T2 ships let alone some player bring T2 rares and MKIIIs into T1 fights… Guess the devs don’t care about balanced fights.

Seems like the devs are xxxx since T1 mk2 weapons don’t do much damage towards T2 ships let alone some player bring T2 rares and MKIIIs into T1 fights… Guess the devs don’t care about balanced fights.

You’re facing rank 4 ships at worst, and those who have crap win rates. I doubt they have anything but the default MKI fits. And that’s bullshit that T1 mk2 do crap damage to T2, I can still handle rank 4 fighters or guards or them in my Herc 2 or rank 3 lynx. It’s just more of a challenge, which is the whole point.

You’re facing rank 4 ships at worst, and those who have crap win rates. I doubt they have anything but the default MKI fits. And that’s bullshit that T1 mk2 do crap damage to T2, I can still handle rank 4 fighters or guards or them in my Herc 2 or rank 3 lynx. It’s just more of a challenge, which is the whole point.

I’ve seen T2 MKIIs, and even T2 rares

Look at the actual stat difference between neighbouring tiers, its like 10-20% of hit points and a lot of that will be class/faction differences.  

Also they have to be terrible players to get matched against lower tiers.  

And you have to be quite good.  

Pat yourself on the back and shoot them anyway.  

A little guide I put together a few hours ago. Might learn something new!

I found this on the wiki MatchmakingQueue.png

now shouldn’t it force MKII and higher into the higher bracket regardless of skill, so that the transition between tiers is smoother?

edit: now this is what my apparent teir is for only using the T1 ghost 

http://puu.sh/2XMCb.jpg

The lowest rated/worst equipped T2’s will sometimes play in mixed T1/T2 matches, and the lowest rated/worst equipped T3’s will sometimes play in mixed T2/T3 matches.

If you enable to console command to show the actual bargraph for the queue you can see where you fit in and where the overlaps are.

Edit: Orthus already beat me to it.

The lowest rated/worst equipped T2’s will sometimes play in mixed T1/T2 matches, and the lowest rated/worst equipped T3’s will sometimes play in mixed T2/T3 matches.

If you enable to console command to show the actual bargraph for the queue you can see where you fit in and where the overlaps are.

Edit: Orthus already beat me to it.

However T2 ships are just purely better is almost every way than a T1 ship, and if you don’t have any T2 ships you just want to stop playing since it isn’t like 50/50 win/loss but just loss after loss till you grind out the ships and all the modules. having to grind losses does not retain players. What would be great if they removed the overlap or tightened it to be smaller. IE: T1 ships can go against T2 mk1 ships but nothing higher since the gap while is noticable due to more modules and better versatility, Is smaller than allowing just “bad” players into the bracket.

No.  

T2 are only a little stronger and have a few more upgrades.   

I kill them all the time playing T1 with new players.  

You’re only being matched to clowns driving them backwards.  

Actually look at the results of the games.  

This is not World of Tanks.  

Official statement from the devs on how current queues work on russian forums stated the following:

(Source: http://forum.star-conflict.ru/index.php?/topic/34889-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%8B-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-star-conflict-%D0%B7%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%B9-2013-%D0%B3/#entry731293)

a. There are several queues per each matchmaking rank. Each queue covers 6-7 matchmaking ranks. You can see your matchmaking rank with chat command posted above.

b. When you press “enter battle” button, you always enter several queues, all that you’re eligible for. Queue you enter the battle from is the queue that finds enough players first to form a match.

c. Ships of T2 have default MMR of 23, 25 and 27 (r4, r5 and r6).

d. Ships of T3 have default MMR of 30, 32 and 34 (r7, r8 and r9).

e. Your actual MMR depends on your recent success in combat. MMR can fluctuate ±2 based on your recent combat success.

f. They presented examples of queues: queue #3 covers all MMR from 23 to 29, while queue #4 covers MMR of 26-31.

As a result of the above, you can see that someone who fared fairly badly and has an R8 ship equipped ends up with 32-1=31 MMR and will be entered into queue #4. At the same time someone who is flying R5 ship and does decently well will end up with 25+1=26MMR points and will enter queue #4 as well. As a result these two people have a decent chance of meeting each other in combat.

Same kind of overlap exists for all tiers.

Official statement from the devs on how current queues work on russian forums stated the following:

(Source: http://forum.star-conflict.ru/index.php?/topic/34889-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%8B-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-star-conflict-%D0%B7%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%B9-2013-%D0%B3/#entry731293)

a. There are several queues per each matchmaking rank. Each queue covers 6-7 matchmaking ranks. You can see your matchmaking rank with command posted above.

b. When you press go the “enter battle”, you always enter several queues, all that you’re eligible for. Whichever you enter the battle from queue that finds enough players first.

c. Ships of T2 have default MMR of 23, 25 and 27 (r4, r5 and r6).

d. Ships of T3 have default MMR of 30, 32 and 34.

e. Your actuall MMR depends on your recent success in combat. MMR can fluctuate ±2 based on your recent combat success.

f. They presented examples of queues: queue #3 covers all MMR from 23 to 29, while queue #4 covers MMR of 26-31.

As a result of the above, you can see that someone who faired fairly badly and has an R8 ship equipped ends up with 32-1=31 MMR and will be entered into queue #4. At the same time someone who is flying R5 ship and does decently well will end up with 25+1=26MMR points and will enter queue #4 as well. As a result these two people have a decent chance of meeting each other in combat.

Same kind of overlap exists for all tiers.

Does this MMR take in count the MK level of the items attached to each ship?

Does this MMR take in count the MK level of the items attached to each ship?

The ONLY factor that impacts the base MMR (before the recent success ±2 mod) is the rank of the highest ship equipped for the player, or for the squad when entering queue as a squad.

Example:

1. Player has R1, R5 and R8 ships equipped with no modules at all. His pre-mod MMR for queue is 32.

2. Player has four R8 ships equipped with full purple layout. His pre-mod MMR for queue is 32.

3. Squad has players one of which has only the starter R1 ships as well as players from examples 1 and 2. Squad’s MMR pre-mod is 32.

The ONLY factor that impacts the base MMR (before the recent success ±2 mod) is the rank of the highest ship equipped for the player, or for the squad when entering queue as a squad.

Example:

1. Player has R1, R5 and R8 ships equipped with no modules at all. His pre-mod MMR for queue is 32.

2. Player has four R8 ships equipped with full purple layout. His pre-mod MMR for queue is 32.

3. Squad has players one of which has only the starter R1 ships as well as players from examples 1 and 2. Squad’s MMR pre-mod is 32.

This is why I never do well in my R4s when squadding with corp-mates; they’re all running around in R6, dragging R7/8 into my fights. T_T