Sniper-Lock Toggle Option

I request the option (in settings) to unlock your controls while under the Disintegrator or Guided Torpedo interface. You can still see where you are and being able to move around would be extremely nice.

Like all things, keep in mind that this would be an OPTION.

Wouldn’t this defeat the disadvantage of torpedo/desintegrator?

No? You can’t use main weapons while under the effect, and in JTorps you can’t see where you are and cannot use missiles. Being able to reposition yourself while still controlling the thing would be a grace to LRF pilots and spawn-sitters everywhere.

You can still turn :stuck_out_tongue: Or just go into a warp just after you activate sniper mode like in my recent video :stuck_out_tongue:

Or you can use the backwards thruster?Just spin around in the direction you want to go and that’s it,i can argue that the AI for example is able to roll and strafe while in sniper mode in Co-Op(in case you never seen)Again,they are dumb so with tactits you can always overcome them…

No? You can’t use main weapons while under the effect, and in JTorps you can’t see where you are and cannot use missiles. Being able to reposition yourself while still controlling the thing would be a grace to LRF pilots and spawn-sitters everywhere.

Why would one want to use his main weapon while using the special module?

Why would one want to move while using it?

For me this sounds more like an anti-interceptor ambush thingie/countershooting.

But maybe I’m wrong?

I think he just wants to move while using disintegrator or guided torp XD

I think he just wants to move while using disintegrator or guided torp XD

I don’t see any sense in such an action. Why doing it?

I don’t see any sense in such an action. Why doing it?

Pop out from behind an asteroid, shoot disintegrator, hide before enemy ship/sniper sees you or can shoot back. Could also mean you can always be in cover in Empire snipers as they could just strafe away if things get shot at them while sniping. Jericho LRF not quite as advantageous in that regard but still could reposition while flying the torp. It would be cool to dodge anomally generators whiles sniping though XD

Pop out from behind an asteroid, shoot disintegrator, hide before enemy ship/sniper sees you or can shoot back. Could also mean you can always be in cover in Empire snipers as they could just strafe away if things get shot at them while sniping. Jericho LRF not quite as advantageous in that regard but still could reposition while flying the torp. It would be cool to dodge anomally generators whiles sniping though XD

Q.Q Desintegrator can’t shoot around the edge. Q.Q

Q.Q Countershooting. Q.Q

Did I miss anything in the sum-up? Q.Q not related to any person or opinion.

No to this suggestion.

No thanks. I want anomalies to hit those sniper b1tches!

No thanks. I want anomalies to hit those sniper b1tches!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy!!

So apparently nobody but rennie even knows what I’m talking about. I sure do love the English forums.

What I mean is the ability to move (strafe, accelerate, etc) while in the sniper/torpedo HUD. So that you can keep moving around even when sniping. Reverse thruster IS moving, but it is moving instantaneously behind you by 5km so that doesn’t help anyone. Tbh RT is only used as a gtfo button these days.

To be even clearer: this suggestion has nothing to do with main weapons or Reverse Thruster.

So, basically you want to be able to strafe or move forward/backwards and turn while in disintegrator/torp hud. I think this will make using those ships too easy. I could snipe while moving to a beacon and dodging anomalies… So, no. 

Well no turning. Bc you’d be in the interface. I just mean like strafe left right up down and forwards backwards.

I think I know what you’re talking about, I see bots do that, lrf moving around dodging my halos while sniping me at the same time… I was like how in the…?

N

O

NO!

NO!

I miss Doombot…