Skill Bonuses applying Tier rather than Rank

Greetings! Thanks for the great game. 

So, I have a suggestion regarding to skills. As we all know, skill bonuses apply to ships that has equal or greater Rank requirement. I assume this is to protect lower rank players from the accumulated skill bonuses of higher Rank players.

Here is my suggestion: This should be changed to Tier, rather than Rank. Lets take an example; At the moment, “Axe-X Type S” and “Axe-X” are two near identical faction ships, but one of them cannot get the Rank 3 skill bonus. Instead, both should get all the Tier 1 skills, as they are Tier 1 ships.

Rest stays the same though. A Tier 1 ship will only get skill bonuses of Tier 1, regardless of its rank. Tier 2 ships all gets bonuses from Tier 1 and 2 skills. And so on…

TL;DR: Skill bonuses apply on tier basis, rather than rank basis. Tier 2 skills should apply to all T2 technology. A Rank 5 (Tier 2) skill should grant bonuses to Rank 4 (still Tier 2) stuff aswell, so to speak.

I like the idea.

I hope this will be changed, because not every Empire/Federation/Jericho ships are at the same Ranks. I mean, Empire Interceptors are Rank 5 And Rank 8 if I remember correctly, Jericho interceptors are Rank 6 and Rank 9. Skill provides them little advantage.

I like the idea of making skills inter-changeable, and found in loot, or bought in shop based on faction rep. this diversifies the races, and allows custom builds.

Backed

I like the idea of making skills inter-changeable, and found in loot, or bought in shop based on faction rep. this diversifies the races, and allows custom builds.

What are you talking about dude? Oh wait, you didn’t understand anything I wrote up there (again), right?

Good +1,

big plus here buddy +

Has this made it into any of the patches yet? Missed 2 or 3 patches :slight_smile:

So, I have a suggestion regarding to skills. As we all know, skill bonuses apply to ships that has equal or greater Rank requirement. I assume this is to protect lower rank players from the accumulated skill bonuses of higher Rank players.

Here is my suggestion: This should be changed to Tier, rather than Rank. Lets take an example; At the moment, “Axe-X Type S” and “Axe-X” are two near identical faction ships, but one of them cannot get the Rank 3 skill bonus. Instead, both should get all the Tier 1 skills, as they are Tier 1 ships.

Rest stays the same though. A Tier 1 ship will only get skill bonuses of Tier 1, regardless of its rank. Tier 2 ships all gets bonuses from Tier 1 and 2 skills. And so on…

TL;DR: Skill bonuses apply on tier basis, rather than rank basis. Tier 2 skills should apply to all T2 technology. A Rank 5 (Tier 2) skill should grant bonuses to Rank 4 (still Tier 2) stuff aswell, so to speak.

+1 agreed

+1

Wut? Skills found in loot? Bought in shop? Latter sounds like a wallet warrior approach. no?

What are you talking about dude? Oh wait, you didn’t understand anything I wrote up there (again), right?

:fed007:  :fed008:  :fed_lol:  :fed015:  :fed014:

Has this made it into any of the patches yet? Missed 2 or 3 patches :slight_smile:

Nah, as far as I know it’s still the same.