Well since it’s a free game, and knowing that writing a story mode for the game may be expensive, I have some more suggestions relating a single player that actually rewards you with some credit at least.
A. Pirate mode
1. Solo mission, get waves of pirates and protect your base/nav/broken ship/found unknown technology
B. PVP 1v1 mode
1. Fight against a %RANDOM PLAYER% that is queuing for the PVP 1v1 mode.
2. Fight against a %CHOSEN PLAYER%, maybe when the UI is enhanced, you can squad with someone, or send them a 1v1 message to join etc.
C. Discovery mode - [The opposite of Pirate mode!]
1. You are a lone ship sent to the “deep space” for an expedition to find unknown sources. The only communication is with your base captain.
2. If you are lucky enough, you’ll find crates or nav points, capturing them can give you %RANDOM ITEM% either junk or a green/purple item
3. Be careful from unknown source of pirates! If they catch you sneaking into a low security crate, they’ll try to kill you! Show what you are made of pilot if you dare!
4. Also, have an option to warp/jump back to base! A good escape mechanism
5. You go with one ship, so if you die once, your mission is a fail. (You lose whatever you capture) OR (You send the technology info to your HQ)
D. Galaxy system
1. NOTE: I know you guys are planning on making something like this, but here are some ideas for it!
2. Planet conquer? - Might be good for the “Discovery mode”, a save point to re-start where you left off.
3. “Rule the Universe” Well why not? This might be a good Single player mode, the story for Star Conflict?
4. I’m going too far, I won’t ruin the devs’ imaginations and plans for the game x_x
I can come up with more stuff, but I’ll see if these are like-able by other players and the dev team