Should Reverse Thruster break EM Scattering Field?

I am a LRF user, and I’m all against the reverse thruster stuff. It is broken, as much as the A1MA is. As I have already told before, to be balanced the module should have the following perks:

• Loading time: 1 sec (same than the recon MWD)

• Traveling time: same than the recon MWD, not instant teleport.

• Stop active modules.

• Crash into stuff. To balance the crashing, the jump could be interrupted like the recon MWD.

They should just make it a forward thruster, that way you keep the benefits of having LRFs join the brawl but if they want to GTFO they’ll have to turn around first.

The names on “No, leave as is.” are not a surprise  :00555:

The names on “No, leave as is.” are not a surprise  :00555:

xD

I didn’t vote, I’m actually ambivalent on that. I don’t really have a problem with the module not breaking EM field, but I do have a problem with both the RT and EM field as such. RT has been discussed, but perma-EM field is another thing that should be removed from LRF.

For nearly every other ship the active modules are situational and part of the required player skill is knowing when to use them. Not so LRF, dropping the already low skill ceiling for that ship even lower.

It’s the same reason why I consider tacklers easy-mode ships right behind LRF, their pilots also do not have to activate any brain cells with their no-cooldown always on active modules.

I am don’t care as well but the dark side has cookies

I am a LRF user, and I’m all against the reverse thruster stuff. It is broken, as much as the A1MA is. As I have already told before, to be balanced the module should have the following perks:

• Loading time: 1 sec (same than the recon MWD)

• Traveling time: same than the recon MWD, not instant teleport.

• Stop active modules.

• Crash into stuff. To balance the crashing, the jump could be interrupted like the recon MWD.

It works this way because frigs are slow and hard no manoeuver AND because it’s reverse.

Change it to forward then?

We don’t need a micro warp on an LRF, trust me.

I’m pretty sure that the module is designed to allow the LRF to flee; witch would encourage to go in.

I must admit that it is OP I right hand (I used to have 1400/1500 DSR, but thanks to it, I’m at 1750/1800 and I don’t loose points…).

Breaking EM when using that thing won’t change anything. Good players MOVE.

Why not disabling our special + main guns during 5-10 seconds after using RT?

Or increasing cool down?

It have a great synergy with the rest of LRF modules. Don’t break it.

Again, thing is that if frigates are desgined to be slow and with low maneuverability, a mod that just solves all those problems is obviously op and out of the place.

Why would you create a module that removes the weak points of a ship?

LRF were already op in the right hands (like any other role), they didn’t need any kind of buff or new module.

Or increasing cool down?

It have a great synergy with the rest of LRF modules. Don’t break it.

Oh HECK NOOOO !!   Just like flying a recon when you warp out… there will be someone HE77 bent on attacking you away so

they will come after you one way or another.   

Not sure I like the idea as it is sort of saying … here I am BENT WIDE OPEN come on down… and you Don’t even have to KISS ME.  :01313:

Oh HECK NOOOO !!   Just like flying a recon when you warp out… there will be someone HE77 bent on attacking you away so

they will come after you one way or another.   

Not sure I like the idea as it is sort of saying … here I am BENT WIDE OPEN come on down… and you Don’t even have to KISS ME.

What is going to come after the highest dps ship in the game (and live)? This has nothing to do with a recon warping out at low health. At all.

What is going to come after the highest dps ship in the game (and live)? This has nothing to do with a recon warping out at low health. At all.

Oh honorable sir … 

Or increasing cool down?

So if I engage the RT… I am now completely LOCKED from defending myself.  ? 

Those frigging pesky recons under a “skilled” pilot are capable of taking a JLRF down in less than 8 Secs.  ( Empire maybe a bit longer)   

You guys are forgetting that this takes up an extra module space that could be used for something else…

Or increasing cool down?

So if I engage the RT… I am now completely LOCKED from defending myself.  ?

That’s overkill in the other direction. we want players fighting, not sitting disabled on the side-lines. ECM is bad enough.

Those frigging pesky recons under a “skilled” pilot are capable of taking a JLRF down in less than 8 Secs.  ( Empire maybe a bit longer)

nobody is talking about JRLF, they are irrelevant in this because of their lower range.

You guys are forgetting that this takes up an extra module space that could be used for something else…

that could be used for something else…

for something else…

For something worse you mean? There is no module better than RT for a LRF right now. Putting any module instead of RT would be a waste.

It’s just a proposition.

Don’t tell me that everybody take less then 5 secondes to travel those 5000m.

I prefer increasing cooldown, but with the r13 implant, it won’t change that much.

At least 5 secondes of disable after a big jump is logic (Used all your energy in that survival thing) and not that important. It just allow an interceptor to find you AGAIN.

Having to look behind us before using RT is already a problem (You can’t move/aim, you’re weak during your maneuver). If you had the mechanic of micro warp, it’s just too much.

Other problem with RT is that, like Efefay said, it cost one slot. So you have to remove either IR pulsar or a survival module or EM. It’s an hard choice. I choosed to remove IR, but sometimes I regret it.

Another idea, why not a big engine trail to show where we moved? We already have so many way to find a cloaked LRF. Why not?

RT  is a survival module. Like residente, the only thing you’d place RT with is something worse. You’ve got 4 slots so EM scattering field, RT, hull heal+1 module isn’t out of the question. If LRFs are going to have a reverse microwarp make it function like it. The inherent problem is that RT solves LRF’s problem of not having a way to get out once the enemy gets close. Imagine if every class had a module that solved their weaknesses.

Imagine if every class had a module that solved their weaknesses.

Like what xKost said: Everything OP = Nothin OP

Solution that doesn’t involve completely removing RT:

Increase cooldown

Disable energy regeneration for 7 seconds

Have a 1 second coil time like recon.

Change module name from reverse THRUSTER to whatever. Just remove THRUSTER. Turn it into a 5000 meter teleporter. That solves the debate of using main engine cancels out EM

You can already tell where the LRF went with the graphic effects. No need to remove EM field

My point wasn’t that everything would be OP, but that with every ship fixing its own problems the best way to win would be to just bring the ship that can tank the most. speed or modules would be irrelevant since you’d have frigs teleporting all over the place.

Your suggestion is alright, I don’t think LRF should have the module in the first place, but those changes make it pretty much a non-issue though still annoying. It shouldn’t be a teleporter though. They should have to deal with LOS crashing just like microwarps too.

They should have to deal with LOS crashing just like microwarps too.

that would be so fun to watch

that would be so fun to watch

Now we need a reverse mirror just like the cars irl xD