Should Long Range class frigates have a passive range bonus?

With the recent nerf to the Horizon Module, increasing weapon range results in reduced damage, closing the gap between fighting for all ship classes. I was wondering however, if only the Long Range class should have a small bonus to their main weapon range without a damage penalty (A Horizon Module without the damage penalty?).

This will make this class unique in that it is firstly designed for fighting from Long Range, while also ensuring it retains a high level of damage projection at long ranges unique to other frigates or ship classes.

Additionally, i think adding a bonus like this to the Long Range class will encourage players to use their main weapons more than simply spamming their “F” module. Eliminating the problem of players using these ships incorrectly.

This is just something i randomly thought of, this passive range bonus is debatable and should be carefully calculated to enable the Long Range class to have better long range damage projection while ensuring it does not become overpowered. T5 vets, what are yr opinions on this suggestion?

I think you missed the point why Horizon was nerfed in the 1st place…

I think you missed the point why Horizon was nerfed in the 1st place…

They have 3 CPU slots in most cases for a reason.

boost projectile speed if >half of range and boost rotation if <half of range.

LRF has a module specifically for long range and you need better long range passives?

Anyway, there is an implant for that R2 if I recall.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

With the recent nerf to the Horizon Module, increasing weapon range results in reduced damage, closing the gap between fighting for all ship classes. I was wondering however, if only the Long Range class should have a small bonus to their main weapon range without a damage penalty (A Horizon Module without the damage penalty?).

This will make this class unique in that it is firstly designed for fighting from Long Range, while also ensuring it retains a high level of damage projection at long ranges unique to other frigates or ship classes.

Additionally, i think adding a bonus like this to the Long Range class will encourage players to use their main weapons more than simply spamming their “F” module. Eliminating the problem of players using these ships incorrectly.

This is just something i randomly thought of, this passive range bonus is debatable and should be carefully calculated to enable the Long Range class to have better long range damage projection while ensuring it does not become overpowered. T5 vets, what are yr opinions on this suggestion?

With the proper implants, weapon and modules, you can build a Positron LRF with more DPS, range and Projectile speed than the avg desintegrator.

The problem is that lazors are just better for anyone, since you don’t need to aim, and critic builds are just broken atm with the insane critic damage of the lazors.

I tired to make good Positron LRF i gave up. U need lotta accelaration of projectile to hit fast moving things, its not worth it lasers better.

I tired to make good Positron LRF i gave up. U need lotta accelaration of projectile to hit fast moving things, its not worth it lasers better.

In my build I have 8000 projectile speed. Almost the same as gauss.

And if you trade alpha (pulses) for speed (coils) you can get over 10k, but 8k is more than enough.

Coil Mortar build for LONG RANGE FIRING please, would be greatly appreciated

Coil Mortar build for LONG RANGE FIRING please, would be greatly appreciated

Coil mortar is not good for long range firing. The projectile speed is too slow, and the spread is too high. Coil mortar is better at medium ranges, between 5k and 2k.

Coil mortar is not good for long range firing. The projectile speed is too slow, and the spread is too high. Coil mortar is better at medium ranges, between 5k and 2k.

If 5k and 2k is mid range, what the hell is long range…omg

If 5k and 2k is mid range, what the hell is long range…omg

Over 5 k. That means only other frigates can fire at you.

It is not written in stone, but I consider short range = interceptor range (0 to 2k m) medium range = fighter ranges (around 2k to 5k) and long range = frigate ranges (over 5k)