Shipbuild simulation

The current ship building process shows some generic stats just like any other mmo game but what i would like to see is an option where i can simulate my build that shows me how the ship and other stats change when i have active modules as well as crew implants active.

I can see the logical difficulty of developing it since some of the actives and implants require a bit of a unique situation to get triggered so regardless of that i would really like to see that sort of an advanced ship building menu where i can explore the possibilities of a build in a bit more detailed way.

And no, it should not allow slotting modules that you don’t have, for testing purposes.

16 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

The current ship building process shows some generic stats just like any other mmo game but what i would like to see is an option where i can simulate my build that shows me how the ship and other stats change when i have active modules as well as crew implants active.

I can see the logical difficulty of developing it since some of the actives and implants require a bit of a unique situation to get triggered so regardless of that i would really like to see that sort of an advanced ship building menu where i can explore the possibilities of a build in a bit more detailed way.

And no, it should not allow slotting modules that you don’t have, for testing purposes.

Just make a tool with that option ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

I think, for this, 3rd party tools could be the answer. This should really come from community efforts imho.

For that however, the devs should release some data-dump, and keep that also updated and consistent over time

and no, i do not mean wikis, i mean data, as in dbs, even if just as raw csv dumps, like the one we had on that dropbox once.

probably this is deemed to risky, or too much of an effort tho, as we had this talk already ages ago in the wiki discussion, and afaik, even the wiki is still updated manually.

If they integrate that in the game, why not - but - I am not sure if that’s not a lot of work for little return :confused: I mean, even our current popups got simplified.

1 hour ago, Tillowaty said:

Just make a tool with that option ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

Nope. Their game, their job.

Just now, ORCA1911 said:

I have had this idea in my head for some time now, happy someone mentioned it. EVE online has this feature which was actually implemented not so long ago.

On 27/06/2017 at 7:15 PM, DeathWasp said:

I have had this idea in my head for some time now, happy someone mentioned it. EVE online has this feature which was actually implemented not so long ago.

The Eve one is amazing, but then again so is the whole UI!! I don’t think I’d need a ship simulation in Star Conflict, except maybe for crafting secret project ships. But for that I remember someone suggested a “test flight” sort of thing, and it was refused, so…

I was hoping we would be able to do that on the test servers but I am completely lost on what the deal with that is now.