Ship with newtonian flight model

I think it might be interesting to have a unique ship that uses old propulsion technology

Turning the ship has no effect on trajectory, it requires using engines and maneuvering jets to shift direction.

Afterburners and main engine would have the highest acceleration, strafing jets would have less acceleration, but could still perform at maximum velocity.

I’m unsure how this would interact with the rest of the game, but it could make for an interesting game mode if nothing else.

The arcadey stuff we got now is fairly good enough, imo.

As much as I’d like to see an option for this, this really isn’t the game for that. If you want realistic physics, play Star C*tizen.

9 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

The arcadey stuff we got now is fairly good enough, imo.

7 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

As much as I’d like to see an option for this, this really isn’t the game for that. If you want realistic physics, play Star C*tizen.

I do think this game has a really nice balance between realism and arcade.

Purely realistic space combat has a lot of difficulties that come with it, so I wouldn’t even dare suggest that it be the norm.

I just think it would make for an interesting unique ship, or a special game mode that utilizes those physics.

You could even have gravity sources placed around the map in that mode for doing gravity-assisted slingshots :P

4 hours ago, Weylin29651 said:

I do think this game has a really nice balance between realism and arcade.

Purely realistic space combat has a lot of difficulties that come with it, so I wouldn’t even dare suggest that it be the norm.

I just think it would make for an interesting unique ship, or a special game mode that utilizes those physics.

You could even have gravity sources placed around the map in that mode for doing gravity-assisted slingshots :P

I like it