Ship trails

I’d like the ability to turn off visibility of ship trails. Maybe you could balance the lack of ship trails for others by making theirs invisible to you no matter what.

aN9S1Ju.jpg?2

Can you make the red circle with blue ink?

aN9S1Ju.jpg?2

Irrelevant. I’m talking about making YOUR trail invisible. Transparent, if you will.

As long as it perpendicular to everything…

Not likely this will change. This is a game mechanic which allows the keenest of those with good eye sight spot a ship with out the aid of a HUD. 

You can only turn off the ship trails for yourself, but others will see a trail regardless. 

Dont want an engine trail? dont use the engine.

Drift…

Dont want an engine trail? dont use the engine.

Drift…

I actually resort to strafing usually. I hate ship trails. I think I actually got one of my ships to strafe faster than it went forward…

And the good eye-sight and HUD thing is exactly why I don’t like them. They are too bright and give away your location.

You can still see the vernier engines flicker from a long distance.

I actually resort to strafing usually. I hate ship trails. I think I actually got one of my ships to strafe faster than it went forward…

And the good eye-sight and HUD thing is exactly why I don’t like them. They are too bright and give away your location.

Well, that’s part of the reason why being sneaky is hard. Which can be a good thing.

Well, that’s part of the reason why being sneaky is hard. Which can be a good thing.

I agree. In space, seeing a small ship in the blackness of space in real life is HARD. Think about it. Your ship is about 12 KM away, dark painted, and your trying to spot it using binoculars. That’s why they invented the HUD. 

I agree. In space, seeing a small ship in the blackness of space in real life is HARD. Think about it. Your ship is about 12 KM away, dark painted, and your trying to spot it using binoculars. That’s why they invented the HUD. 

Well anything that is able to be spotted by your eyes should be easy to see by the ship sensors.

Well anything that is able to be spotted by your eyes should be easy to see by the ship sensors.

True, but I’d be hating life if every ship had infinite sensor range.

If we can see it, sensors can. If not. Then there’s something wrong with yer sensors. XD

But in theory they would. Light itself keeps going and going forever, or to infinite, until it hit something or gets bounced off. Same thing with X rays, Radiation, Microwaves, Infrared light. In space those scans can keep going and going, thus nearly having an infinite range. BUT that’s good for a stationary object. For a moving object, you have to keep scanning and updating very rapidly. That’s a basic reason or explanation that ships in star conflict have limited sensor range and must be modified with a CPU mod. 

If we can see it, sensors can. If not. Then there’s something wrong with yer sensors. XD

*Adds Sensor Mod to ship*