Ship purchasing system.

Note, before reading or posting, this suggestion has nothing to do with changing the prices of the ships to a lower degree, this is about granting players the “choice” on how they wish to use the credits/galactic standards that they acquired within the time they played the game.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The patch changes did cause quite a stir and still has, especially with ship prices. Now that money is gained very slowly and the tech levels are slightly shuffled, it seems as if this game is becoming less and less enjoyable to play. When It comes to purchasing ships, being forced to do so is a bit harsh. Instead, I would suggest a system that grants a choice in how you wish to purchase a new ship. A window showing these selections would be more feasible.

• Factory purchase = Hull price

• Standard purchase = Mrk1 equipment + Hull price.

• Advanced Purchase = Mrk2 equipment + Hull price.

• Premium Purchase = Prem equipment + Hull price.

Its sort of like a World of Tanks model, when you buy a new tank you have a choice to have a more experienced crew depending how much you pay or just get it without. However this way, the players have a choice and those with a choice, are a happy players.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Edit 4/17/13:

Another idea that came to me was to include the premium ships into the tree as new ships that can be bought with regular credits when reached a certain rank (this excludes the DLC ships). However all ships are now capable of being bought with galactic standards with max synergy.

Now why suggest this? Well the game does not work like a pay to win but instead a pay ‘or’ play, so would it not be best to make it so that ship hulls could be bought with either credits or galactic standards? It would also grant more ship choices to the average player, and would grant players who do not mind using money to buy ships a more wider selection of vessels to choose from.

Edit 4/26/13

In light of the recent patch, the new ship tech tree is known to be, messy, forcible, expensive, time consuming. I am certain one player if not many would have chosen one of those words to describe this new tree. What I would add to this list is to branch off the roles in the tree, Near the end this can be seen but some people do not wish to purchase a role of ship in order to get to the next one that gets within the way.

As such a branching role system for the tree would make it less forcing, expensive, and time consuming on the players who wish to work for that specific role of ship. It would make it less linear as well as grant a player the ability to focus on that role of ship class.

The patch changes did cause quite a stir and still has, especially with ship prices. Now that money is gained very slowly and the tech levels are slightly shuffled, it seems as if this game is becoming less and less enjoyable to play. When It comes to purchasing ships, being forced to do so is a bit harsh. Instead, I would suggest a system that grants a choice in how you wish to purchase a new ship. A window showing these selections would be more feasible.

• Factory purchase = Hull price

• Standard purchase = Mrk1 equipment + Hull price.

• Advanced Purchase = Mrk2 equipment + Hull price.

• Premium Purchase = Prem equipment + Hull price.

Its sort of like a World of Tanks model, when you buy a new tank you have a choice to have a more experienced crew depending how much you pay or just get it without. However this way, the players have a choice and those with a choice, are a happy players.

+1

+1 as well. 

I agree. I don’t like having to buy an equipped tier ship when I already have the equipment for it.

Its a simple Idea, that caters towards everyone.

+1

I would like the option to buy a ship with no modules on it at the very least.

+1

I would like the option to buy a ship with no modules on it at the very least.

I would really like this as well. I hate buying ships of the same tier and then having the mods I don’t want to use already on them. So +1 on just purchasing the hull!

that is certainly a great idea
++
: )

+1 

Having just spent two weeks grinding 2.6 million to buy a single T3 full of stuff I don’t want…

…I’d rather be playing T2.  I won’t bother with another T3 until I have all my T2 gear I want.  

I doubt this is what developers intended.  There is no reason to spend money now as I’m not far off R6 in most factions.  

I added another idea to the suggestion, its about using GS to buy any ship at max synergy and using credits to buy it without, but making it so that the ships that were premium be added into the tree.

Well, I personally dont have a problem grinding for credits, I can gain approx 600k in one night of playing…but still 10 mill for a ship? and then 1 mill per item to outfit it…aka 20 mill total? Thats rediciuous

Some people like buying a ship that is already outfitted. Other people like using real money to buy the ship with fully geared equipment. However there are people who just want to buy the hull. So lets have something for all to enjoy, If people like this idea it would be nice to keep it on the top to show that players would prefer this instead of what we have now.

Yes, give players options is a great idea. 

I personally like have a ship naked and let me outfit it with my own equipment. 

it’s just all one big scam to make you buy license. ships were priced fine before, now they give you junk white modules… well guess what, i already have a full set of green+blue for T4, i just need the hull… and now have to pay an extra 4mil+ for white junk? no thanks

There are other ways to get money from players than just license.

Overall though it seems the best option for the devs is to lower the cost of ships and modules.

Its apparent they don’t want to increase how much credits are earned without a license because they want to discourage credit farming (which ironically is only a problem because they have designed poor economy system, things costing too much credits earned too little.)

EDIT

Actually why are they even trying to limit credit farming at all? Its not like you can trade credits with other players or equipment, thus the gold-farming is a non issue as there is no player trading system whatsoever. The game Is still in a beta state I figured they’d want players to thoroughly be able to test ship roles / module combinations and it seems the biggest issue right now is players can’t afford ships and modules. I’m not saying everything should be dirt cheap, but I think the time they spend fixing the economy, prize / reward before fixing the core gameplay (as they totally changed the dynamics in 0.8) is a waste of development time. Fixing a game economy should be after the core gameplay and majority of exploits are resolved.

Definite +1 to the purchase suggestion in the Original Post.  The more options to ‘Tune’ our craft, the more incentive to purchase them, and happier we’ll be, which does also head towards a greater inclination for pumping Real world money into the game…

+1

+1 As well. As stated before. Its still in beta. TESTING STATE. I cant test xxxx currently…

+1

The dud equipment costs are really keeping me out of T3.  

Even with one ship promoted by the patch there is nothing there I want to play…especially when I climb to over a million credits, look over the top and there is a bigger hill to buy modules and weapons.  No thanks.  

I understand wanting to give the game longevity but I’m pretty happy just mucking around with a few ships, I don’t need all of them.

It’d be nice to see what the modules do to the balance in T3 but the time investment is insane.