"Ship Module" Keybind

Instead of having separate special modules or active modules for ship with special abilities, simply give them a new (unmodifiable) slot with the module. This new slot should have its own keybind and each ship, as new modules for ach are added, will eventually be able to use it.

One example that I speak of is the “Warp Reflector” and “Beam Destructor” on the Tyrant and Vigilant. It should be moved to the special slot, because it is generally a side module with little benefit and is better replaced by other modules. They are both also parts of the ship/model and should be available regardless of loadout.

Another example would be the special modules on all Ellydium ships in the Federation tree. Each should be moved to the new slot and replaced by their respective normal modules. The Bastion Shield is another example, as well as the speed boost for the Hyena.

To make this work, they would all have to be tweaked, of course, but (nearly) everyone would be much happier with this than being stuck with either or.

One idea better than the next, what creativity!

8 minutes ago, theNoob said:

One idea better than the next, what creativity!

You’re like a sarcastic yes-man. This is hilarious. XD

Then it would not be a special module anymore.

44 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Then it would not be a special module anymore.

Yeah. “Special modules” are generalised modules between a specific class, such as the chameleon for tacklers. These modules that I speak of are more of a part of the ship than a module, and should be treated as such.

You’re basically suggesting to add a second special module to some ships and not others. 

If it was a “Add a keybind to dynamically change special module in fight (a bit like guards) with a shared cooldown” , or moving those special modules into active modules, I would understand. 

But requesting a new slot without any restriction, that’s just breaking the balance. 

5 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

You’re basically suggesting to add a second special module to some ships and not others. 

If it was a “Add a keybind to dynamically change special module in fight (a bit like guards) with a shared cooldown” , or moving those special modules into active modules, I would understand. 

But requesting a new slot without any restriction, that’s just breaking the balance. 

Vigilant: *literally has a massive cannon on the front of the ship*

Also Vigilant: *cant use it if any other specmod is selected*

Are you talking about the minelayer?

49 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Are you talking about the minelayer?

No, the beam destructor

having destructor beam and also empire router would be a bit OP imo…destructor beam is awesome for hitting fast ships (with high dmg and also draining a lot of energy). Imagine a sirius with fed router and also the 40% dmg boost (which can be used quite often)…i would definately trade the 40% dmg boost for photon/tempest/repelling beam/ or destabilizing field. Special modules are quite  special and often worths much more than active modules.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

No, the beam destructor

Ah my bad then, can u provide a screenie?

1 hour ago, Papitas said:

having destructor beam and also empire router would be a bit OP imo…destructor beam is awesome for hitting fast ships (with high dmg and also draining a lot of energy). Imagine a sirius with fed router and also the 40% dmg boost (which can be used quite often)…i would definately trade the 40% dmg boost for photon/tempest/repelling beam/ or destabilizing field. Special modules are quite  special and often worths much more than active modules.

No no no no, not as an active module. This would move all ship-specific special modules to their own singular keybind.

That, or make a keybind to swap between special special mod and the normal special mod.

IMO the less only way to not totally break the balance would be to verify able to swap special only “When out of combat (no damage received for 15 seconds)” , or during spawn. 

Else it’s just broken.