Ship bonuses

Just a little suggestion about ship passive bonuses.

To be exact, it’s about EM/Kinetic spread-speed bonuses.

I suggest that both of them get changed into a more general “33% spread reduction and 35% projectile speed buff” instead of being EM/Kinetic specific. 

Why ? Because it’s kind of sad that when you have a ship with kinetic/em bonuses, if you use something else then this bonus becomes totally useless.

I also suggest that the r9-3 implant now give a generic 30% projectile speed buff. Because more and more thermal guns have a projectile speed, but nothing can increase it (unless you’re a frig). 

Yes indeed okay good idea OP thanks +1

• ∞^∞

Generalization kills variety.

constraint kills variety

This bonus is “Play kinetic on that ship, or fly without a bonus”. That’s a constraint. 

6 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

constraint kills variety

This bonus is “Play kinetic on that ship, or fly without a bonus”. That’s a constraint. 

It is not a constrain it is a bonus, most of the time, most of the ships have more things rocking for them and you can alternate between various things. Generalization leads to cookie cutter builds, which is reduction in variety, just like we had back in 0.7 - possibilities were endless, yet everything of its kind was the same.

9 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

It is not a constrain it is a bonus, most of the time, most of the ships have more things rocking for them and you can alternate between various things. Generalization leads to cookie cutter builds, which is reduction in variety, just like we had back in 0.7 - possibilities were endless, yet everything of its kind was the same.

I totally get your point. 

I’m just saying that this is the only bonus with a condition and I don’t think it’s necessary. 

After all some ships have “10% weapon damage” , not “10% kinetic weapons damage” and nobody complained that it kills variety. 

So why do this bonus need to be EM/kinetic specific  ? 

IMO it’s just a relic of the old system. 

24 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

After all some ships have “10% weapon damage” , not “10% kinetic weapons damage” and nobody complained that it kills variety. 

So why do this bonus need to be EM/kinetic specific  ? 

To me it is great this way because it forces player to make a choice, it makes a player to think in a hanger on what he want’s to do in the battle, and then how well he executes that. If it would be just a projectile speed bonus, it kinda becomes meaning less. 

4 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

To me it is great this way because it forces player to make a choice, it makes a player to think in a hanger on what he want’s to do in the battle, and then how well he executes that.

This is exactly why when people are given the choice, they don’t chose these ships. A restrictive bonus may still be a bonus, but if it limits the user’s ability to add variety to their loadouts, it is in no way a plus.

@Kost: The problem is, that you can’t vary WITH your build. You are either restricted to use this or go to hell. Your ship become a meta you HAVE to use, else you have a disadvantage. With a ‘generic’ you get the opposite: Meson/Kinetic/EM weapons used. Variation depending on the situation you want to use it.
Else why we can’t use specific types of modifier in the passives slots? For example just + volume instead of volume+resistance? If it kills ‘variety’?

4 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

This is exactly why when people are given the choice, they don’t chose these ships. A restrictive bonus may still be a bonus, but if it limits the user’s ability to add variety to their loadouts, it is in no way a plus.

People chose those ships specifically for specific builds. 

4 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

@Kost: The problem is, that you can’t vary WITH your build. You are either restricted to use this or go to hell. Your ship become a meta you HAVE to use, else you have a disadvantage. With a ‘generic’ you get the opposite: Meson/Kinetic/EM weapons used. Variation depending on the situation you want to use it.

Maybe you can’t, it does not stop me from using Halo or Mesons on my Kinetic bonuses sirius, or Bubbles on my prinaha B2

8 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Else why we can’t use specific type of the passives slots? For example just + volume instead of volume+resistance? If it kills ‘variety’?

1st there are just resistance bonuses available, 2d irc there are just volume bonuses on some craft ships too, 3rd you know where the suggestion sections is i wouldn’t mind more volume/resist separation.

Well, you have the right to think what you want. And we have the right to disagree too. 

In my opinion, it is limiting. Especially are there is a really limited number of ship (and ship slots combinaisons) per rank. 

On a special ship like Sirius, I don’t mind, because you can change it. 

But on another ship, it feels like a loss. This passive bonus could be something else instead of something you can’t use at all. 

10 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Well, you have the right to think what you want. And we have the right to disagree too. 

In my opinion, it is limiting. Especially are there is a really limited number of ship (and ship slots combinaisons) per rank. 

On a special ship like Sirius, I don’t mind, because you can change it. 

But on another ship, it feels like a loss. This passive bonus could be something else instead of something you can’t use at all. 

You should not look at the ships per rank though, rather per MM queue range ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) 

Can we restart the thread, i have no idea whats the general idea here anymore ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

6 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Can we restart the thread, i have no idea whats the general idea here anymore ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

You see that bonus you can find on some ship like “33% spread reduction and 35% projectile speed to kinetic weapons” ? 

I want to remove the “kinetic” in “to kinetic weapons” , and make it works on all kind of weapons. 

Like, projectile speed and spread for ALL weapons and not just one?