Ship Auras

Fox inspired me.

I would like to propose that ships be given the ability to mount custom auras similar to a concept found in Halo Reach.

For example:

Pirate Aura: This aura makes menacing black smoke billow from your ship’s exhaust.

Tron Aura: This aura makes neon blue lines pulse over the exterior of your ship. (like the Panther’s visual effect)

Biomorph Aura: This aura will cause your ship to emit a biomorph war cry when it takes damage.

Law Enforcement Aura: This aura will cause the wingtips of your ship to flash with red and blue law enforcement lights.

Reaper Aura: This aura causes a blood-red skull to pulse on and off like a heartbeat in the center of your ship’s dorsal hull.

Where would these be used though?

Where would these be used though?

In the ship customization screen under a new tab called ‘auras’.

The biomorph, law enforcement, and pirate ones would be pretty popular in invasion. Just saying.

and of course, money money money

and of course, money money money

Naturally. So they can let us keep our paint by adding new shineys. Just like it should be.

lol, the Biomorph aura would do you head in after a short while. anyway the rest sounds good:)

I love it so much!!! X3

This needs to happen in tomorrow’s patch!!!

lol, the Biomorph aura would do you head in after a short while. anyway the rest sounds good:)

Ok, I suppose the biomorph sound should only play if you are at full shields and take damage. Otherwise an Overdriven gunship with 300 rpm would definitely make you want to rip your ears off…

Well I suppose it would be more like the actual aliens work. Upon enemy coming in to radar range, they are hailed with the warnng seiren, then upon being damaged, they emit a different growl or combat noise every few seconds.

Well I suppose it would be more like the actual aliens work. Upon enemy coming in to radar range, they are hailed with the warnng seiren, then upon being damaged, they emit a different growl or combat noise every few seconds.

I heard the alien sounds as soon as they lock on, growls when attacked/attacking.

Also the tron aura would not work with Cyber ships, and the Teir IV/V premiums since they alerady have such an “aura”.

Although the cyber ones are more limited (see: Blood Tormentor, Sawtooth, Cutter). and it could look weird on the Mauler (it has a tron-like skin already, even with a custom color scheme equipped, like Hellhound, or Fox)

I love it so much!!! X3

This needs to happen in tomorrow’s patch!!!

I assume you think devs are wizards?

If I had access to their engine and code I could pull an all-nighter and get at least 3 of em done~ Can’t be that hard, as its all aesthetics~

Plus, a few of them

Are already in the game and just need to be put under customization.

If I had access to their engine and code I could pull an all-nighter and get at least 3 of em done~ Can’t be that hard, as its all aesthetics~

Plus, a few of them

Are already in the game and just need to be put under customization.

I still don’t think the tron one is a good idea, see post #10

OMG THAT JUST GAVE ME AN AMAZING IDEA

OMG THAT JUST GAVE ME AN AMAZING IDEA

Uh oh…

You know, it is better to just post your amazing idea in its own topic or in the comment without simply stating that you have an amazing idea, and leave us to guess.

wouldnt it be more applicable if you add this to the ship customization tree? (like alien skin)

wouldnt it be more applicable if you add this to the ship customization tree? (like alien skin)

In the ship customization screen under a new tab called ‘auras’.

The biomorph, law enforcement, and pirate ones would be pretty popular in invasion. Just saying.

:stuck_out_tongue:

only if I can get the rainbow nyan cat trail everytime i afterburn

I’d fit the pirate smoke one on my reaper and get my engi buddy to warp me around so I can destroy stuff. X3