Self-Destruct needing reworking?

I have been playing around with some modules, and have found the kamikaze style

Module listed above to be somewhat effective.

However, has anyone else noticed that it never does the correct damage appropriately?

I.e. I am in my interceptor assaulting a position, and 2 guided missiles hit the beacon knocking my and all 4 enemy interceptors shields/hull to nonexistence, including killing one of the enemy ships. Of course the rest if us were only saved by our emergency shields, and I figure why not. I rush the enemy ships which are huddles behind beacon to avoid sniper fire, and I use self-destruction module. I was within 300m of all 3, and killed 0. Their non-existent shields apparently absorbed all 5000 thermal damage. This has happened often, and I check their ships in mid battle ship selection window and they all had max of 6k hull, but were under 35% at the time.

Anyone else encountered this?

No one else encountering this?

you are doing thermal damage to shields. Which has some “ok” resist to thermal.  My Jericho cepter has about 6K+ shields. so If you blew up next to me, you would nock me down to that much HP and scare me shitless but I wouldn’t die.

Uh, and Jericho fighters have a default special buff to thermal. so I can see them absorbing most of your dmg. so just by looking at the numbers and horrible estimating. yes, this mod seems to be working.

The Suicide mod is for last resort, last ditch effort to blow up your target that’s at ~15% HP.

Uh, and Jericho fighters have a default special buff to thermal

http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=Special_Weapons

http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=Special_Weapons

Phase shield

Increase shield’s resistance to the chosen damage type.[2

Increased resistance is always on, ‘using’ the modules switches the damage type : Thermal > EM > Kinetic > Thermal …

by default its thermal until you change it. how often do you change it? not much.

by default its thermal until you change it. how often do you change it? not much.

You only don’t change it often because everybody can switch their weapon damage type without you being able to tell.That inability to tell the damage type hitting you affects nobody except Jeri fighters, whose ability it kinda wrecks. The fact that using the weapon mod to switch damage type has no energy cost, but switching the ability type does, also buggers it fairly thoroughly.

The ability is great for PvE but rubbish for PvP in its current state.

Raid type is ok but the techs version is lolbad too.

As for OT, I find self destruct to be ok.

The only situation where it’s very powerful is in Combat Recon T2 when you get Empire Dwarf II Interceptors with (ion/stasis)/mines/emergency barrier/self destruct who stagger their micro warps onto your captain. That is impossible to defend against.

you are doing thermal damage to shields. Which has some “ok” resist to thermal. My Jericho cepter has about 6K+ shields. so If you blew up next to me, you would nock me down to that much HP and scare me shitless but I wouldn’t die.

Uh, and Jericho fighters have a default special buff to thermal. so I can see them absorbing most of your dmg. so just by looking at the numbers and horrible estimating. yes, this mod seems to be working.

The Suicide mod is for last resort, last ditch effort to blow up your target that’s at ~15% HP.

Apparently you cannot read, let me reiterate my OP. a few targets, 2-3 inty’s and maybe a fighter, are camping behind a beacon. Ally and enemy guided torps come in and blow all of us to our last leg, only a few of us survive due to emergency shields. For those to pop you have to be below 15% no?

Ergo it was a last ditch effort to block cap, which failed because even though their emerg shields popped, I failed to kill them with self destruct at 300m once their emerg shields went down.

Can you explain this? It seems a bug to me that maybe 5% shields that might have regen’d in that time and the little amount of hull left could survive the 5.5k thermal blast.

I do believe I made that point clear in OP. please do not assume I want the self destruct to be a I Win button, I have no quarrel with shields soaking up entire blast.