Self-Destruct hotkey

I’m not sure if I already proposed this, but im going to do it again regardless.

I loved being able to add just a bit more damage to my output on enemies by holding backspace to self-destruct. (Only as a last resort, “all my guns overheated and no missiles are ready and no modules are ready” scenario) I would love this to be doable again. It’s way more handy than escape>abandon ship

I want a hotkey back to. support.

Or you can wait for the weapons to cool down… 

“all my guns overheated and no missiles are ready and no modules are ready” scenario

You do realize that will only solve the issue of your guns being overheated right? And that is much faster to solve waiting the 1-3 seconds for them do cool down, instead of waiting 10-20 seconds while you are respawning.

On another note, why would you self-destruct because you can’t shoot or use modules?? That is the same as saying you self-destruct because an ECM disables you. It is pointless to self-destruct for that reason, as it affects your team’s score negatively (in domination, combat recon, team battle, detonation, or CTB). Self destructing so you can shoot again is a waste of 10-20 seconds of your gameplay, especially when you really only get your guns back. Your module recharge will be the same whether you self destruct or not, it is better to stay alive and wait the 3 seconds max for your guns to cool down and wait for your modules to recharge while being helpful, instead of waiting to respawn.

I meant “guns overheated, modules not working, no missiles, and 2% hull left…”

You do know that abondane ship explosion does same dmg as when you simply die? So if anything, you better of colliding with your enemy, you’ll do more dmg

the hotkey have been removed due to the massive request of the community

Then make it an optional key.

Then make it an optional key.

Currently there is not much need of such a key.

One whole year…

Currently there is not much need of such a key.

This