Sector Conquest Balancing

Well. An interesting debate on corps and farming and sectors as such. I’ll throw in some thoughts - being from a very small corp, i’ve essentially been on both sides of battles…

With regard to DYN farming T2:

Well. dyn folks do show up a lot in T2 games, but they are hardly the only ones. I’ve seen a ton of Nasas, 420s, Pulses, Alphas. Heck - of the battles I can recall, the Dyn people actually played as if they belonged in T2 and had adequate skillset for that. You want to talk about explicitly farming T2 by curbstomping everyone? Say hello to Takamina et al from nasa…

Screw it, most of us play in T2, because it is more fun and dynamic without devolving into “wtf is even happening, everyone just dies instantly / everybody sits and camps forever, taking potshots around structures” that makes up all of T3 I’ve tried… And T2 at least isn’t a net loss when you factor in repairs and ammo resuply. Is that farming?

With regard to sector takeover itself:

There’s two big issues. First - what are the rules? How is a winner determined? How is the next sector determined? Where can I see it *from within the game*? Right now, it’s just ‘lol random’… There’s nothing to explain to normal players, who aren’t in some superbig corps with insider info, how their effort contributes to the takeover and what hinges on what. If I am not in a big corp, if I am just a random player - why shoudl I play sector takeover, if my faction’s biggest corporation will get all the credit anyway? Which leads into…

Second - The problem of sector ownership. Jasan nailed it in the post above - the corp with the nametag on a sector is hardly the only, or indeed (I suspect) even the main factor about winning that sector. A sector shoudl end up corp owned if and only if that corp literally did win out that sector all by themselves, deliberately, in a coordinated assault. Not just being the 5% contributors with everyone else doing 4%, 3% etc. A log of, say, ‘turning points’ in winning that sector over - close battles, unlikely wins, stuff like that - would be brilliant to see as a mouseover window or clickable subwindow on that sector.

Well i dont care if DYN is farming T2 , as long as they stay out of T3 . Its been now the third time I reported a so called DYN , for not taking part in the mission .

Today it was “eggrollsmuggler”, doing nothing in a match only was in there to grap the looser money , while staying at the corner of the map.

Rly , stay T2 and dont xxxx up T3 with such behaviour.

PS: Hope a CEO of DYN is reading this . Is this a legit behaviour of your corp for T3 ? If so , plz im begging you , stay away from higher tiers , thx !

Well. An interesting debate on corps and farming and sectors as such. I’ll throw in some thoughts - being from a very small corp, i’ve essentially been on both sides of battles…

With regard to DYN farming T2:

Well. dyn folks do show up a lot in T2 games, but they are hardly the only ones. I’ve seen a ton of Nasas, 420s, Pulses, Alphas. Heck - of the battles I can recall, the Dyn people actually played as if they belonged in T2 and had adequate skillset for that. You want to talk about explicitly farming T2 by curbstomping everyone? Say hello to Takamina et al from nasa…

Screw it, most of us play in T2, because it is more fun and dynamic without devolving into “wtf is even happening, everyone just dies instantly / everybody sits and camps forever, taking potshots around structures” that makes up all of T3 I’ve tried… And T2 at least isn’t a net loss when you factor in repairs and ammo resuply. Is that farming?

With regard to sector takeover itself:

There’s two big issues. First - what are the rules? How is a winner determined? How is the next sector determined? Where can I see it *from within the game*? Right now, it’s just ‘lol random’… There’s nothing to explain to normal players, who aren’t in some superbig corps with insider info, how their effort contributes to the takeover and what hinges on what. If I am not in a big corp, if I am just a random player - why shoudl I play sector takeover, if my faction’s biggest corporation will get all the credit anyway? Which leads into…

Second - The problem of sector ownership. Jasan nailed it in the post above - the corp with the nametag on a sector is hardly the only, or indeed (I suspect) even the main factor about winning that sector. A sector shoudl end up corp owned if and only if that corp literally did win out that sector all by themselves, deliberately, in a coordinated assault. Not just being the 5% contributors with everyone else doing 4%, 3% etc. A log of, say, ‘turning points’ in winning that sector over - close battles, unlikely wins, stuff like that - would be brilliant to see as a mouseover window or clickable subwindow on that sector.

But playing only T2 , without getting practice to T3 , is not a good excuse :wink:

So you will be stucked at T2 for ever and ever and …

But playing only T2 , without getting practice to T3 , is not a good excuse :wink:

So you will be stucked at T2 for ever and ever and …

DYN is a new corporation and majority of our members are hardly maxed out T2s, we do have some players that have rank 9 in some subfactions but most of us do not, many cant even afford to have full on rank 8 mk2 ship yet and you call us on not playing t3.

Being in T3 in rank7 ship in mk1-2 gear and go against veterans such as ESB/SKY/RISE with they experience and full on blue/purple gear is not very “educational”.

Many of us, heck most of us belongs to T2 by our sub-faction ranks and finance status. And i believe that calling players playing in a bracket they belong is “farming”. They system is not perfect and it is not our fault that most of us flying T2.

Well i dont care if DYN is farming T2 , as long as they stay out of T3 . Its been now the third time I reported a so called DYN , for not taking part in the mission .

Today it was “eggrollsmuggler”, doing nothing in a match only was in there to grap the looser money , while staying at the corner of the map.

Rly , stay T2 and dont xxxx up T3 with such behaviour.

PS: Hope a CEO of DYN is reading this . Is this a legit behaviour of your corp for T3 ? If so , plz im begging you , stay away from higher tiers , thx !

If you can provide prove that he was afking for couple of your matches please do. I will forward it to the officers/CEO for examination, i do not believe that we support afk farmers, but in a same time we would like to avoid any false accusation 

See next line

Posted twice by accident from smartphone.

PS: Hope a CEO of DYN is reading this…

This will be addressed. We had many new members yesterday in our expansion Corp, and it will be taken care of. We do not of course condone this type of behavior.

The prob with eggrollsmuggler has been solved. Thx for the quick solution.

I want to apologize for my harsh words in my first post about DYN and DYN2 in general.

You cant blame others for the fault of the single, and so here.

In that moment i was just pissed and overreacted.

The prob with eggrollsmuggler has been solved. Thx for the quick solution.

I want to apologize for my harsh words in my first post about DYN and DYN2 in general.

You cant blame others for the fault of the single, and so here.

In that moment i was just pissed and overreacted.

Thank you.  Best of hunting to you.

The matchmaker doesn’t consider the pilot levels&implants and accessible equipment based on loyality. So we get some super pilots with 12+12+8 reputation levels and overloaded with stuff with genuine rookies. 

This would be ok… but when I see these guys dominating with 20+ kills, all I can do is scratch my head. And quit.

The matchmaker doesn’t consider the pilot levels&implants and accessible equipment based on loyality. So we get some super pilots with 12+12+8 reputation levels and overloaded with stuff with genuine rookies. 

This would be ok… but when I see these guys dominating with 20+ kills, all I can do is scratch my head. And quit.

implants are working only on ships of higher tiers than these implants.