Second project ‘Ellydium’ (Discussion)

It is a tactical weapon vs other frigates. It’s like saying if you need a ship that turns faster than a frigate to get behind a frigate, you are a fail pilot :wink:

If you need to get behind a frigate to fight one in yours, you seem to be huge failing aren’t you?

5 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Sorry but if you need such a weapon to orbit a frigate, you are a fail pilot.
Contrary to your feel I find the fighter weapon as the Nr. 1 PvP weapon. Sad is, that its purpose is destroyed with its way to low damage. Hunting inties would be a fest with that and an alternative to gauss/singu.

omg…sure like FRIGATES usually orbit other FRIGATES. Following your argumentation line, probably you find the fighter weapon as the Nr. 1 PvP weapon because of its extremately easy aim (under low ping).

3 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

If you need to get behind a frigate to fight one in yours, you seem to be huge failing aren’t you?

No, its one of the many tricks a PRO player uses to beat the xxxx of Aces that stand still and die. FYI ships do better moving…because they dodge and receive less dmg. Getting behind the other frigate means it has less cannons to fire at you and deal less dmg, get it? Beating another frigate in a 1vs1 standing still only tells about how smart you build your ship and farming you did to upgrade the equipment. You should know that being the CEO of BOJ for so much time…oh wait…

38 minutes ago, Papitas said:

omg…sure like FRIGATES usually orbit other FRIGATES. Following your argumentation line, probably you find the fighter weapon as the Nr. 1 PvP weapon because of its extremately easy aim (under low ping).

No, its one of the many tricks a PRO player uses to beat the xxxx of Aces that stand still and die. FYI ships do better moving…because they dodge and receive less dmg. Getting behind the other frigate means it has less cannons to fire at you and deal less dmg, get it? Beating another frigate in a 1vs1 standing still only tells about how smart you build your ship and farming you did to upgrade the equipment. You should know that being the CEO of BOJ for so much time…oh wait…

That’s the main point of it right. If you can OS an enemy, you can choose such a weapon as best one.

I see enough randoms dying trying this. Seem smart, but what you think has more weapons to fear? Dodging left/right behind a cover or going behind the enemy cover with backup of them? Sometimes smartness is the best way to fail.

For this kind of personal flame wars please use personal ways of communication, not this thread.

Failing this will result in sanctions.

I find the answers are ontopic. As the answer to my post is a discussion why the weapon (seem) good and why not.
I state that its advantages doesn’t overcome its disadvantages. The same with Thilith one. Could be useful as anti-inty weapon, but has to low damage to be reliable on that task(and therefore being extrem limited).

Certain playstyles are when frigates go up close to other frigates. Eg. Camo LRF, fast guards, support engi to a group going in, or other builds that aren’t just sitting back and shooting ;p

8 hours ago, OmegaFighter said:

For this kind of personal flame wars please use personal ways of communication, not this thread.

Failing this will result in sanctions.

i apologise

18 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

I see enough randoms dying trying this. Seem smart, but what you think has more weapons to fear? Dodging left/right behind a cover or going behind the enemy cover with backup of them? Sometimes smartness is the best way to fail.

Every movement in its proper time. Most of the times you will be shooting from mid/long range to other frigates (specially in a jericho frigate…im flying the disk launcher with scimitar), taking advantage of taking cover and being near teammates. But when an enemy gets close and personal, take this card from your sleeve and obliterate him.