Same ID - Multi Player ??

Why is there this:

There is no explanation with some cryptic font misuse. In pilot profile the User_IDs are the same.

Why is this and why is it tolerated?

With this situation (not only with DeleteD, xlMaXLx also for example) misused by many ‘echelon’ players – why even bother with multi Player ID at all ???

User ID is a numeric value, the name is just a string chosen by the player, what is wrong with that.? 

IDs are different: 1638876  and   1248374

As I said in the somewhere else, these aren’t the same names.

Star Conflicts font does make only a slight size difference between between a capital i and a lowercase L.

But the font in the pilot’s profile is big, why would one not see the slight difference between i and l?

Lets have a corp with all the same names  ?? Why not?

Sure, why not. I’d love to see that

1 hour ago, John161 said:

Star Conflicts font does make only a slight size difference between between a capital i and a lowercase L.

… ah , no! Just look the ‘i’ and the ‘l’ in ‘Evil Space Bears’

there must be an other explanation like hidden space or some thing…

11 minutes ago, avarshina said:

… ah , no! Just look the ‘i’ and the ‘l’ in ‘Evil Space Bears’

there must be an other explanation like hidden space or some thing…

CAPITAL i = I

and lower case L = l

I and l

2 different characters, yet the same to a human eye

7 hours ago, xKostyan said:

CAPITAL i = I

and lower case L = l

I and l

2 different characters, yet the same to a human eye

They are just trolls and since some of them are testers they think it is funny.

Same go for xXMaXXx or four names that are almost same.

I think  they are brothers and wanted have fun to be in same corp with same name, as it’s possible with these fonts. Nothing bad with that, but i reconize that it can be surprising and make doubt.

But i suppose devs saw it too and checked also.

2 hours ago, SheenShade said:

I think  they are brothers and wanted have fun to be in same corp with same name, as it’s possible with these fonts. Nothing bad with that, but i reconize that it can be surprising and make doubt.

But i suppose devs saw it too and checked also.

Well, it’s forbidden to impersonate someone else, even if that person is not exactly the same, but it appears so. This can be also seen as a violation.

There are other games, people there instantly ban people for such actions.

ah ok, seem devs accept that, there

Maybe there’s other fonts to avoid that, but not sure

confusing, but I’m sure it’s hiding something

It’s “strategic” “diversion” when playing against them to confuse the command of opposite team in our “competitive” plays. Cheap one if you ask me. I play with names turned off.

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

Well, it’s forbidden to impersonate someone else, even if that person is not exactly the same, but it appears so. This can be also seen as a violation.

There are other games, people there instantly ban people for such actions.

It is forbidden to impersonate officials, as gms, devs or moderators, but none cares if you impersonate other regular players

It leaves abit of a bad taste…

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:18 AM, John161 said:

The real question here is not the name but the user…wondering whether are 2 different people from the SAME corp or just 1 person playing with 2 pc…But hey…the player base as for active players is already very low, might not be to the game’s best interest to start digging now…

maybe he’s an octopus, with all 8 hands he can play with 2 pc

39 minutes ago, ComWittman said:

The real question here is not the name but the user…wondering whether are 2 different people from the SAME corp or just 1 person playing with 2 pc…But hey…the player base as for active players is already very low, might not be to the game’s best interest to start digging now…

These are two totally different players.

Also you can easily play this game twice on one PC, it is nowhere forbidden.