Safety Firing Toggle

In open space you often find yourself firing on police, transports etc. when you are targeting them.

What I propose is an option to change it so that you can disable your weapons to target objects rather than shoot and become red?

Discuss!

Won’t work with everything. 

AOE attacks would still damage NPC. 

The best example I have in mind is Inhibitor crystal. With a super fat explosion radius, you aggro everything. 

A better option would be a toggle to enable/disable being able to damage neutral NPC ; but still be able to damage players. 

The police wont trigger criminal status unless you don’t have station protection on. There are only a few friendly npcs that do trigger even in sp.

5 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

The police wont trigger criminal status unless you don’t have station protection on. There are only a few friendly npcs that do trigger even in sp.

But this toogle is for those who don’t use station protection.

7 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

In that case i fear we all know the answer to this one.

Or just the ability to turn on and off the station protection while out. And changing sector is all is required for it to take effect. Even would be instantaneous, but again i guess that’s too hard or having, limitations with the engine.

But it wont protect you from the popo if you shoot at them while fighting someone.

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

So what are you asking for? Nukes just blow up the stuff you want instead of everything that’s in it’s radius (which makes a lot of sense).

Shouldn’t it be more like PvP and allies are not harmed? If NPC is blue then its an ally and any players without SP are not blue. Plus if they are in your group, green, then they too are ally hence no damage. But this goes back to the well then I got to pay GS if I want to go negative Karma. So, again:

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

In that case i fear we all know the answer to this one.

37 minutes ago, OmegaFighter said:

So what are you asking for? Nukes just blow up the stuff you want instead of everything that’s in it’s radius (which makes a lot of sense).

Disable station protection for PvP, but not being able to attack ally ships for PVE. 

When you throw a torp at a cyber, and the police choose to take it instead, it’s a bit boring. 

Maybe the solution to this problem about drones auto attacking would be a keybind to unlock a target.

You can already unlock a target using keybind, but the drones don’t listen to it :wink:

And when you get aggressor status, I reckon the cops should come to you but not fire unless you keep shooting (or get crim status). What’s the point of all the “last warnings” or “stop or we will open fire” when they are already shooting to kill just because they received 300 too much dmg?

12 minutes ago, RennieAshII said:

You can already unlock a target using keybind, but the drones don’t listen to it :wink:

And when you get aggressor status, I reckon the cops should come to you but not fire unless you keep shooting (or get crim status). What’s the point of all the “last warnings” or “stop or we will open fire” when they are already shooting to kill just because they received 300 too much dmg?

Still won’t solve the problem of AOE.

Can’t we just *not* damage neutral if we don’t want to ?

Not that they are hard to kill. But it’s so damn boring that whenever I use Inhibitor crystal, there has to be a neutral not too far that wants to kill itself.

What I am proposing is exactly that. The idea of safety firing being effective to your main weapons - if it would be effective to the case, AOE modules and drones as well, so that your ship can and may (dis)engage its offensive properties of drones and the like.

That would mean powering down the special modules, weapons and/or other passive active modules as well, then being able to reboot them when you need them.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:01 PM, RennieAshII said:

Logic. There is none.

We should get an interface - pay up the bounty to reset our criminal status.

If declined, they would open fire.

I would be 500% ok with a “keep the police out of it” PvP option for OS.

Or you could just use the Hotkey for “lock target” (just sayin’)

On 22.5.2017 at 9:55 PM, Koromac said:

Logic. There is none.

We should get an interface - pay up the bounty to reset our criminal status.

If declined, they would open fire.

Skyrim style?