RT>>>Warp-Tunnel

Due to the extreme hate over the Reverse Thruster, I propose a final solution, and possibly one that people that use it would still accept.

I suggest changing the module in to a variant of Guided Torpedo buff like Tachyon or Overcharge. Instead of changing a statistic of the torpedo, it would turn the next torpedo in to a wormhole device that would teleport the user to the location of “detonation” just like the RT. This would give attackers time to deal damage while they are guiding it, and would also allow them to use it more effectively, instead of just appearing on the edge of the map where they can’t do anything. For ELRF’s, it would be the same, except instead of launching a guided torpedo, it would toss out a little canister “wormhole generator” that could be remotely “detonated” via using the fire key or upon max range. It would fly at about 900m/s.

Name: Warp-Tunnel

Type: LRF Active module

Tooltip: Causes the next guided torpedo or disintegrator charge to fire a compact, one-way wormhole generator. To travel through it, either let it fly to it’s maximum distance, or activate it early using the fire/detonate key. A long blue trail is left behind for 2 seconds after teleport.

I’m still finding it hard to figure out why would you change that or almost delete it from the game. Captain needed lol

Because so much hate is thrown at anything that teleports people. I just decided that making it all manual (and slow) it would settle people down.

Captain needed lol

*Hears cry for help* Le glorious idiot nub scrub Captain has arrived to save the day! *sees ceptors* I is out of here! Has a gud day!

But the teleport thingy is quite expensive to make and i dont see it that often, nor does it help people to survive against a mediocre or higher rated player when being hunted, anyway at this rate we will lose the actives in the end totally lol

Don’t dare touching my lovely RT in that way! That’s herecy!

It’s not meant as a gtfo button. It is simply a way for LRF’s to quickly reposition themselves. It’s even in a little “tip” at the bottom of loading screens: “Remember the sniper training: switch positions often!”

Also, this would mean that JLRF’s can transport themselves around boundaries and stuff too. Isn’t that cool? Xp

It’s not meant as a gtfo button. It is simply a way for LRF’s to quickly reposition themselves. It’s even in a little “tip” at the bottom of loading screens: “Remember the sniper training: switch positions often!”

Also, this would mean that JLRF’s can transport themselves around boundaries and stuff too. Isn’t that cool? Xp

Well, if u put it in that way, it would be cool, but as you may noticed a lot of people complain easily these days when they fail to kill something in the game. Im here just because i like shooting stuff soo i got no real say in the matter but hey, i’m always for changes, for the better if possible lol.

Snipers are cowards. They want to go backwards, not forwards.

They like it backwards ba-dum-tss xD

Want to go backwards? How so is it cowardice to escape with your weapons still pointing at the enemy vs a little ship running away engines pointed at the enemy? What about the fact that lrf was in the enemy before retreating? Or sacrifice ship to deal heavy damage to captain or kill it with rt position change? All ships retreat, except some destroyers. A lot of destroyers aren’t cowards they charge in and kamikaze then spawn camp you which people love because then you don’t run away and get to be killed at spawn :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :-)) 8-} <:o) (t)

Warp Tunnel lets you go in any direction. How 'bout them apples

The problem with the suggested mechanic (i think) is that by the time the wormhole goes all the way to x spot the player dies to attackers. RT has 2 seconds charge time before warping off, and even during that time the player using it can die before going away. Think about engies deploying warp gates and never reaching them in time.

O_o

The problem with the suggested mechanic (i think) is that by the time the wormhole goes all the way to x spot the player dies to attackers. RT has 2 seconds charge time before warping off, and even during that time the player using it can die before going away. Think about engies deploying warp gates and never reaching them in time.

Well if anyone bothered to read the above comments, this problem would be solved.

You use it to move, not to escape certain death. (Though it is good for that right now)

How about just giving it a very noticeable animation so people can switch their strategy accordingly. Something like a warp gate forming around the ship so attackers know he is about to jump. This could give certain ships a chance at stopping it.

It needs to remain unique and the the idea the OP has listed sounds too much like the wormhole projector on destroyers.