Revive the Reaper

At one point in time, some of the best and most useful low-tier ships (in my opinion, that is) could actually be found under rank 9. I have bought several DLC packs with ships below rank 9, and a good portion of them benefitted me, and I felt I got my money’s worth. Then, there was a patch that took various modules and such from anything below rank 9, and then, some of these ships became obsolete…

My favorite low-tier DLC ship, the Reaper, had been deprived of its glory. The Reaper used to tear through enemies with its Mass Driver, not having to worry much about overheating too fast. Now, my Reaper sits in my ship tree, having not been on a voyage in space since a game patch had crippled it. Yes, I could use other weapons, but it wouldn’t be the same, and my Reaper would never be what it once was…

But, this doesn’t just go for the Reaper and my other DLC ships, this goes for anything under rank 8; along with my (and many others’) Reaper also fell along with the other rank 8s. Yes, people still use them, in different ways with different weapons, modules, etc., but those of us who were affected by that patch are now either forced to retire these ships, or have had to compensate/adjust for what these ships now lack.

It’s time… time to _ Revive the Reaper _.

2dqvmd.jpg

Once the Reaper has risen, it and all of the ships following in its path too shall rise.

SC Team, hear me out… I want to be able to use some of my DLC ships again that are under rank 9, but can’t perform the same because I can’t use shared coolers or heatsinks for example, and the fact I can’t get a refund for these ships I can’t use makes this matter a bigger deal. All I’m asking for (again) is ships below rank 9 to have what they used to have, or transfer some of these ships to rank 9, where they can be properly used.

#RevivetheReaper2016

SPREAD THE MESSAGE

Ships and roles in certain ranks take a back seat from time to time. It’s almost inevitable even after little changes in modules, bonuses, etc. Just like guards are nowadays. Although, they are coming back again. This problem with guards has become obvious fast after destroyers came but minor adjustments has been made already. 

As of other lower rank ships. There are still some useful rank 8 ship around: Swarm, Prometheus, Cerberus, Anaconda. Also, there will be a new unique premium Federation r7 guard with new special module so I would not write these ranks off just yet.

Unfortunately, the disadvantage of lower rank ships when it comes to fewer passive module slots will always be there. But who knows. Nyx has got +1 slot, maybe these new ships will have extras as well.

But the mass driver nerf was necessary I think. I remember using it all over the place and cutting anything up within seconds with it from a great distance. It is still useful against small fast ships and other frigates. Well, destroyers are another story. But for that there is the anomaly generator.

At one point in time, some of the best and most useful low-tier ships (in my opinion, that is) could actually be found under rank 9. I have bought several DLC packs with ships below rank 9, and a good portion of them benefitted me, and I felt I got my money’s worth. Then, there was a patch that took various modules and such from anything below rank 9, and then, some of these ships became obsolete…

My favorite low-tier DLC ship, the Reaper, had been deprived of its glory. The Reaper used to tear through enemies with its Mass Driver, not having to worry much about overheating too fast. Now, my Reaper sits in my ship tree, having not been on a voyage in space since a game patch had crippled it. Yes, I could use other weapons, but it wouldn’t be the same, and my Reaper would never be what it once was…

But, this doesn’t just go for the Reaper and my other DLC ships, this goes for anything under rank 8; along with my (and many others’) Reaper also fell along with the other rank 8s. Yes, people still use them, in different ways with different weapons, modules, etc., but those of us who were affected by that patch are now either forced to retire these ships, or have had to compensate/adjust for what these ships now lack.

It’s time… time to _ Revive the Reaper _.

2dqvmd.jpg

Once the Reaper has risen, it and all of the ships following in its path too shall rise.

SC Team, hear me out… I want to be able to use some of my DLC ships again that are under rank 9, but can’t perform the same because I can’t use shared coolers or heatsinks for example, and the fact I can’t get a refund for these ships I can’t use makes this matter a bigger deal. All I’m asking for (again) is ships below rank 9 to have what they used to have, or transfer some of these ships to rank 9, where they can be properly used.

#RevivetheReaper2016

SPREAD THE MESSAGE

Hello) Maybe I just got it a little bit wrong, but I just equiped Mass Driver on Reaper.

http://img.targem.ru/images/857af97939160cf21974b9eab087.jpg

Hello) Maybe I just got it a little bit wrong, but I just equiped Mass Driver on Reaper.

http://img.targem.ru/images/857af97939160cf21974b9eab087.jpg

I think his problem is with the other modules that make the Mass Driver effective, for example Shared Cooler (to reduce overheating). I don’t fly rank 7, so I don’t know if Shared Cooler is available there, but I think this is what he meant.

2dqvmd.jpg

I love this XD  Rakza would be proud of you!

+1 for the topic, and please include the phoenix too. I stopped using these ships when the tiers get mixed.

I think his problem is with the other modules that make the Mass Driver effective, for example Shared Cooler (to reduce overheating). I don’t fly rank 7, so I don’t know if Shared Cooler is available there, but I think this is what he meant.

Exactly. Of course I could throw on a Mass Driver on my Reaper any time, but actually using it would be fairly difficult to a point where it’s almost like you can’t use it.

I love this XD  Rakza would be proud of you!

You should ask CMs when I’m yelling about the Reaper/Phoenix ectect.

Premium ships, like Reaper and Phoenix, will be remaked soon or later. It’s in plans

Premium ships, like Reaper and Phoenix, will be remaked soon or later. It’s in plans

Are you a workaholic? So many replies from you in such a short time is a record of the staff. o.o

Have you the desire to collect a issue/wantlist from the community to make a few notes to them?

Are you a workaholic? So many replies from you in such a short time is a record of the staff. o.o

Have you the desire to collect a issue/wantlist from the community to make a few notes to them?

We gathering feedback for the future, yeah. Working hard, especially tomorrow)

No, it is expected from a CM! Error did a brilliant job until real life caught up with him a couple if months ago. I’m glad we finally have a replacement in the form of cinnamon roll here :slight_smile:

We gathering feedback for the future, yeah. Working hard, especially tomorrow)

I hope you have braced yourself for lots of complaining :smiley:

A Dev that responds so quickly!  Oh my word!

Seriously, you are a godsend