Remove Jericho Torp Radiation

There used to be effects but they were removed.

The only thing I really hate tho, when the torp is considered as a regular missile and is brought down with regular missile countermeasures… 

We had this mechanic you propose in the past (with long xxxx trail behind the torp) and it was awfull, all the matches were “incoming missile beep-beep-beep-beep-beep the xxxx out of you” with very high, non preventable unless hugged to missile shield guard, AoE damage.

Remember the nuclear winter patch. Never again.

We had this mechanic you propose in the past (with long xxxx trail behind the torp) and it was awfull, all the matches were “incoming missile beep-beep-beep-beep-beep the xxxx out of you” with very high, non preventable unless hugged to missile shield guard, AoE damage.

Remember the nuclear winter patch. Never again.

LOL i was just thinking of the same thing, it would be unbearable in pvp.

One thing I really hate is when you’re in Crimson Haze or Blackwood taking down a structure and an NLRF(NewbLRF) drops a torp right on top of you so you either have to exit cover and get shot or sit inside the cloud and take it. The best part is when he drops another one in the same place right as the first dissipates…

Remember when nukes had a slow movement so you could get them to detonate on structures in like 4 seconds by ramming them? XD

That was great. I really wish nukes had either faster cooldown or a remote detonation. That’d be great.

I would love some special effects on the detonation part, even if the aim is crap from whoever is riding that torp-lol

Fair enough! Would you like the cloud doing more damage instead of the initial impact?

Honestly, cloud could do bit more damage. But im completley fine with how it is. Damage to inties if ofcourse quite big, because of their hull points, but they can get out, so therefore it depends wether pilot stays in or it moves out. If player takes 100% or 70% damage is all up to his reaction to move out.

As for after effects of other LRFs, yes the secret project ships (lrf ofcourse) all have sniper modules that have after effects.

Honestly, cloud could do bit more damage. But im completley fine with how it is. Damage to inties if ofcourse quite big, because of their hull points, but they can get out, so therefore it depends wether pilot stays in or it moves out. If player takes 100% or 70% damage is all up to his reaction to move out.

As for after effects of other LRFs, yes the secret project ships (lrf ofcourse) all have sniper modules that have after effects.

That i did not know…

Someone complained that they were being shot by something in a game where you shoot at things, and you nerfed it.

…You are complaining about being shot in a game where you shoot at things, and want the things shooting you nerfed.

One thing I really hate is when you’re in Crimson Haze or Blackwood taking down a structure and an NLRF(NewbLRF) drops a torp right on top of you so you either have to exit cover and get shot or sit inside the cloud and take it. The best part is when he drops another one in the same place right as the first dissipates…

Remember when nukes had a slow movement so you could get them to detonate on structures in like 4 seconds by ramming them? XD

That was great. I really wish nukes had either faster cooldown or a remote detonation. That’d be great.

So you want to get it changed because it works as intended?

Make room for the LRF expert…(gets sniped) xD the cloud is…dissapointing. The dps balance between desintegrator and torp is that you deal a somewhat similar dmg with both weapons IF the target stands still and eats the entire cloud…but even when that happens its not even close, i get it, torps have area blast and can avoid obstacles.

Torp cloud have the utility to force players to move (specially to prevent ELRFs from keep sniping cloacked); if they dont do it they recieve dmg and also the cloud and distortion effect is very confusing for the player who got shot, making harder for him to spot and fire back. The dmg of the cloud is really low tho, i definately think it should be increased. Even those ELRFs that keep sniping after being torped for the entire cloud duration dont recieve the dmg i think should be applied.

I think the cloud has to remain (i have even found it extremately usefull to have a clear reference point over the LRF position i just shot, when they are far away and out of sensor range), but the dmg should be increased. The torp itself is not a weapon that can be used to kill people like desintegrator do, but only to finish or support main weapon fire, which makes JLRF not long range by the special module unlike ELRF. Ive also noticed that the blast and cloud deals less dmg in the borders of the blast radious.

The torp kinda feels underpowered when compared to disintegrator, also, changing anything on the torp is a huge gamble however i think about it, there are some negative exploits. I think torps should have massive after-dmg rather than intial damage, thats all. Since disintergrator forces you into hiding, the torp should force you out of hiding, that’s how i perceive it… 

The main problem with changing the guided torp is that when a lot of people all decide they like using them at the same time, things get complicated. Have you never been captain in a combat recon with an enemy team consisting of 3+ JLRFs? Unless you want to die from radiation clouds, being out of cover, or the combined DPS of BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

Then you have to back up from the front line so far, there’s often not even cover left.

The main problem with changing the guided torp is that when a lot of people all decide they like using them at the same time, things get complicated. Have you never been captain in a combat recon with an enemy team consisting of 3+ JLRFs? Unless you want to die from radiation clouds, being out of cover, or the combined DPS of BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

Then you have to back up from the front line so far, there’s often not even cover left.

Agreed, for me it would be enough if they put a special module just for torp-kill, the torp=missile logic doesnt make sense to me much, unless, if the disintegrator gets the same deal being canceled out by the same stuff. Then its fair.

I have an idea to add to this:

Have an effect of the cloud that it creates ‘stacks’ of increasing damage per tick, if you glance it it wont hurt, but if you linger or get cought in it, the damage will amplify up to a max of say 5x the base damage per tick, so it would be especially effective at shutting down junctions and peek-arounds, but not really bother anyone simply flying through.

The best part is that this suggestion came from me finally getting fed up with allied JLRFs hitting me with their torps.

This would solve nothing especially in my case, as I am usually either

A) A huge massive slow frigate, or

B) A CovOps with nothing but damage amps that is stuck to an enemy frigate knifing and orioning them.

I would love a change, but making the initial problem worse wouldn’t do much.

I say add this, and remove friendly radiation damage.

ahhh yeah, never understood why the radiation hurts allies, I’ve seen captains killed by friendly fire from those stupid things…

ahhh yeah, never understood why the radiation hurts allies, I’ve seen captains killed by friendly fire from those stupid things…

Now imagine that you are wedged in to your favourite hiding spot in a crimson haze cyber outpost and a JLRF tried to “help” by dropping torpedo after torpedo right on top of you. You have two choices when this happens:

1. Stay under cover but take damage from the radiation.

2. Exit cover and risk getting destroyed by the very enemies that you were originally hiding from.