Recons are weak

I feel like recons need a boost, they cant do anything with their s*** modules. Micro locator: just made for getting assists pretty much and used if a tackler cloaks. Spy drones: reduces regen by 50% and is visible to all allies but all u have to do is touch an object and it will go away, i have used heals so many times with spy drones on me that now i always check what is affecting me before i activate any modules. Parasitic remodulator: drains shield over 10 sec. Everyone seems to think that the module drains a huge amount like 10k or something but NOOOOOO it only drains 5500-6500 in t4 thats absolutely NOTHING for a frigate. I bet when u activate the module u are laughing in ur head about how you are going to blow the frigate into pieces. But the frigate (ecspicially guards) will be laughing since the module is so weak that all it does is *tickle* the frigate. Phase remodulator: makes u invisible and stuff for 5 sec. 5 sec not much, but it could save ur life i know. But i dont think its THAT effective 5 sec? Bah what can that do? Besides,it reduces energy regen speed. Hrph :beee: id rather save my precious energy on running away than to use it on that module (i will admit its the best recon module tho) All i could do on my recon is get objectives and use it to kill frigates maybe some fighters because empire recons have the most survivability out of all the inties so it could withstand minelayer,puslar,drones .etc while i rip them to pieces( i attempt) i use rf blaster with supernova since its not fast enough and its modules are no good enough to fight inties. Overall i think its just a HORRIBLE ship i dont know why but the other types of inties just seem so much better i was playing on swarm or diamond dwarf i dont remember and i died 4 times (apparently all the deaths i had were by tillo) thx tillo -_- i usually only die 0-1 times per battle and i DONT cower behind asteroids to save my SR. So there is something wrong with that ship. So the point is: that ship cant do

it’s one of the easiest ships to not die in

-_- but in the time that ur not trying to warp away or capture an object, u only have like 2 min to shoot at people out of a 12 min game

-_- but in the time that ur not trying to warp away or capture an object, u only have like 2 min to shoot at people out of a 12 min game

Or you might to re-think the way you use/fly/outfit recons :lol:

Or you might to re-think the way you use/fly/outfit recons :lol:

i just go in and kill :lol: i dont use armor plated hull because it will lower my speed so i have electrnoic quidance,catalyst injector,thermal resistance, and kinetic resistance pretty much i use speed and resistance modifiers

recons aren’t meant to kill.  it lacks damage bonuses.

you could make up for it going lazor+kinetic rocket but meh

only best used as part of a squad. it can sap shields down without having to shoot and allows you to tank glancing shots while you do it. stick drones on and you can leave. you’d be surprised how much lead time people give you if they don’t hear gunfire.

camo is to break lockons. or help you re-engage in an inty dog-fight you did not start.

m-loc is important in small corp v corp battles. limited number of ships mean alot more blindspots. it also helps prevent people breaking lockons when you are playing siege warfare at the edge of your weapons range (which happens alot when good corps clash in 4v4)

pugging it solo ? to raise DSR … easy to stay alive like yeahalex says but killing people off requires killsteal talents.

personally recon suits my game. I suck at killing but good at teamplay so its a good fit. but if you’re the type that wants to go in and destroy lives every 10 seconds … then stick to your covops.

personally recon suits my game. I suck at killing but good at teamplay so its a good fit. but if you’re the type that wants to go in and destroy lives every 10 seconds … then stick to your covops.

Correction, 39,3 sec

It’s possible to play recon even without a squad, but you’ve got to know how to make an impromptu team out of nowhere. If you stick close to someone who’s out to hunt and kill the enemy, you can help by sapping shields or dropping spy drones (reduces regen). I found myself flying a lot solo as well, since recons are so mobile you’re often the first to respond to an enemy at the beacon or you’re the first to reach the objective (beacon/bomb etc). Harass and buy time while pinging like mad for people to come and help you.

Recons worked pretty well for me, until I discovered the joy of ECMs. 

Correction, 39,3 sec

OMG :crazy:   SO THAT’S WHAT IM DOING WRONG !!

lol aside - recon is one of the best ships to start taking out a guard on a mobile team. and there is ALWAYS a guard that needs taking out. drop his shields then GTFO and let the others mop up.

[edit]

I wouldn’t mind if para-remod could sap hulls as well. so many tanky hulls flying about.

I think the main problem with your recon stands between the chair and the keyboard.

And btw, imperial recons are not the most survivable interceptors in the game. ECMs are more tanky.

/me looks at this thread in amazement

/me looks at this thread in amazement

I wouldn’t mind if para-remod could sap hulls as well. so many tanky hulls flying about.

you know you want to +1 that … do eet

That is called plasma web. You are in the wrong class.

hmm?

New module: Nanite Swarm

Ability: Destroy 2% of targeted ship’s hull per second, for 30 second. Bypass shield and resistance.

Cooldown: 90secs

Activation Range: 500m

New module: Nanite Swarm

Ability: Destroy 5% of targeted ship’s hull per second, for 10 second. Bypass shield and resistance.

Cooldown: 90secs

Activation Range: 500m

White or purple? and with range bonuses? and with strenght bonuses? That would be just the most OP module in the game.

White or purple? and with range bonuses? and with strenght bonuses? That would be just the most OP module in the game.

This is just an idea to make hull just as vulnerable as shield to remodulator.

Stats subjected to changes…

This is just an idea to make hull just as vulnerable as shield to remodulator.

Stats subjected to changes…

Shields can recharge, hulls cannot. I agree that at this point jerry shield tanking is a bit inferior to hull tanking, but making a hull parasitic module is not the solution.

Just give Jericho ships a bonus to shield regen or decrease the shield booster recharge time.

The fact that most “good” pilots use a lot of multipurpose makes the spy drones useful.

Recons are great ships, unmatched mobility and, well, surprise, _recon_naissance capabilities. They are not killing ships, though the mobility definitely helps to stay in blindspots.

Fed recons goes 600m/s with no effort and empire recons goes 500 but with resists similiar to styx and you want buff them further? Its not anti frig ship!