Rank 16 and 17 ships - A better way to present blueprints

Suggestion:

New ships of Rank 16 and 17 should not rely on random chances and drops that will eventually get you all 3 missing parts of the ships - ‘Hull plate’, ‘Processing chip’, and the ‘Cabin’.

Make it simple and less irritating for players to obtain parts for each ship they want to get. This forced random method is actually annoying to most players and deteriorating to the game.

Example:

Several specific PvE missions should be available for each different Rank 16/17 ships, but you can choose only one at a time.

Upon completion of your mission, you can claim the container in the Store. Example: ‘Project 1011’ container with a one-week expiration time.

Selected ship’s container will include all three ship parts - ‘Hull plate’, ‘Processing chip’, and the ‘Cabin’. It’s a one-time price only.

The cost of each ship’s container should be from 1500 to 2500 Iridium for each ship, never more than that.

Currently available ships: Granite, Project 1011, Wolfhound, Spike, Singularity, Zhen.

Benefits:

Enough Iridium can let you have the ship immediately, provided that you have enough resources to not only learn all the blueprints for it but to also build it with required resources.

Kind regards,

[Koromac] [SRS]

44 minutes ago, Koromac said:

This forced random method is actually annoying to most players and deteriorating to the game.

This game is deteriorated already, long time ago… this just a litle more…

They are supposed to be Rank 16 and Rank 17 Ships. Not “Advanced” Secret Projects

They should only cost credits.

6 minutes ago, Rakza said:

They are supposed to be Rank 16 and Rank 17 Ships. Not “Advanced” Secret Projects

They should only cost credits.

I agree. However, they don’t cost credits. They don’t even have Rank 16 and 17 implants, which makes them just as regular as Rank 15 Secret Projects. In short - a disappointment.

3 minutes ago, Koromac said:

I agree. However, they don’t cost credits. 

8 990 000 Credits + Ship’s Parts + Special Ship’s Parts for R16 and R17

6 000 000 Credits + Ship’s Part  for Secret Project

They do cost Credits.

1 minute ago, Rakza said:

8 990 000 Credits + Ship’s Parts + Special Ship’s Parts for R16 and R17

6 000 000 Credits + Ship’s Part  for Secret Project

They do cost Credits.

No, you misunderstood. They do cost credits, yes, but what I wanted to say is that you don’t need credits to get the ship parts but Iridium.

19 minutes ago, Koromac said:

No, you misunderstood. They do cost credits, yes, but what I wanted to say is that you don’t need credits to get the ship parts but Iridium.

The true question is “Why do we need a Rare Currency just to unlock ships that are supposed to be like the 15 rank before?”.

Because it’s a moneygrab. Just like every new “thing” added to the game in the last two years. They tease a big thing, release it behind a “pay or never get it because it’s random” wall, then once free players stop trying to get it because they finally realize it’s a futile endeavor, they tease/release the next big thing.

R16+ should just be standard credit-only ships. No fancy parts or currencies. If the devs want to release “special” ships, then they should release them as special ships, not as a supposed continuation of what we already had.

99% of the problems in this game these days are based on feature implementation and the devs know exactly what they are doing.

Also I selected “I don’t agree in general” for the second question for obvious reasons. Doesn’t mean I don’t agree. It just means that it was the least xxxxty option.

14 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Because it’s a moneygrab.

Of course it is. As you said by yourself - they are in the same line as normal ships. They are not OP - they are just another ships with interesting options for people that have EVERY SHIP IN THE GAME except them. It’s called a resource sink and basically it’s main target is to give something to people that have already reached the end game status something else to get. No one in his right mind would pay 20 enriched electrum and 500 monocrystals for a Lightbringer. Not to mention 60. Are those ships necessary to get an upper hand in battles? No. To be honest only Zhen has any proper PvP value. Project 1011 looks nice on paper, but it’s signature spec module is useless on longer distances and the Disintegrator modifier doesn’t even work with it. Not to mention that any half-brained recon can just fly to the drone, pop microlocator and location of the ship is known immediately. Singularity is basically an Open Spacer’s dream. Granite is an awesome Alien hunter. Wolfhound shines in Destroyer specops or in PvE. Spike - ok if you are really good intie pilot, you can make use of this ship. I can’t. 

14 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Just like every new “thing” added to the game in the last two years. They tease a big thing, release it behind a “pay or never get it because it’s random” wall, then once free players stop trying to get it because they finally realize it’s a futile endeavor, they tease/release the next big thing.

As you probably didn’t notice - they released a few hundred new modules so you can further taylor ships for your needs. Not to mention we now have the second event this year to get premium ships for fulfilling some tasks. Also the argument of “pay or never get it because it’s random” is moot for those “New Era”  ships - you cannot buy them. The only thing that’s  very hard to get now is destroyer equipment - and I agree that the least frustrating way to get those modules is to hit the market. 

Right now the hardest thing for me to get is the BPs. I have spent 6300 iridium just trying to get the last BP (still don’t have it). 8 BPs in a row were 1011s. 12,300 Iridium spent over all. The “roll out” of these last 4 ships was just plain terrible. Before you had to grind. Now you have to grind to get the chance to get a BP that you will then have to grind electrum to build. And then…the ships are crap compared to a stupid r6 with a focus on it. A complete Lack of Tiers is just KILLING the game play in PvP.

4 hours ago, Seraphym1 said:

Right now the hardest thing for me to get is the BPs. I have spent 6300 iridium just trying to get the last BP (still don’t have it). 8 BPs in a row were 1011s. 12,300 Iridium spent over all. The “roll out” of these last 4 ships was just plain terrible. Before you had to grind. Now you have to grind to get the chance to get a BP that you will then have to grind electrum to build. And then…the ships are crap compared to a stupid r6 with a focus on it. A complete Lack of Tiers is just KILLING the game play in PvP.

[@niripas](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/244639-niripas/)

According to your statistics, how much more he needs to get the last blueprint?

12 hours ago, niripas said:

Of course it is. As you said by yourself - they are in the same line as normal ships. They are not OP - they are just another ships with interesting options for people that have EVERY SHIP IN THE GAME except them. It’s called a resource sink and basically it’s main target is to give something to people that have already reached the end game status something else to get. No one in his right mind would pay 20 enriched electrum and 500 monocrystals for a Lightbringer. Not to mention 60. Are those ships necessary to get an upper hand in battles? No. To be honest only Zhen has any proper PvP value. Project 1011 looks nice on paper, but it’s signature spec module is useless on longer distances and the Disintegrator modifier doesn’t even work with it. Not to mention that any half-brained recon can just fly to the drone, pop microlocator and location of the ship is known immediately. Singularity is basically an Open Spacer’s dream. Granite is an awesome Alien hunter. Wolfhound shines in Destroyer specops or in PvE. Spike - ok if you are really good intie pilot, you can make use of this ship. I can’t. 

As you probably didn’t notice - they released a few hundred new modules so you can further taylor ships for your needs. Not to mention we now have the second event this year to get premium ships for fulfilling some tasks. Also the argument of “pay or never get it because it’s random” is moot for those “New Era”  ships - you cannot buy them. The only thing that’s  very hard to get now is destroyer equipment - and I agree that the least frustrating way to get those modules is to hit the market. 

I could argue with “just another ships”. They are slightly stronger than normal counterparts, mostly by their additional equipment. Wolfie is made of paper, but have those killstealer wet dream 9k homing missiles. Granite block ECMs from annoying your team, and its diffo shield can keep up almost forever with Discharger gun. Projects dissy drone is easy to kill, but deals 17k per shot with purple weapon, plus drone can snipe out anyone that gets close to your ship. And it feels that Project is slightly more durable than most of LRFs, plus that finisher kinetic missiles. I dont see Spike superior to Peregrine, with slightly stronger web. Singularity’s equipment feel out of place, trap mine on such slow ship…Zhen has 4k dps bow gun and really useful energy burner and weapon blocker.

I don’t think they should have lowered cost, but definitely shouldnt have randomness with boxes. Hell, it would be better if they had more parts in rotating boxes only with no randomized parts.