Rank 15 more physics-adjusted behavior

Since rank 15 serves as and “end game-like” place:

1.  I suggest the ship handling to be a little more accurate in physics, meaning the flight in microgravity in particular:

Simple feature as fixed vector of velocity unless the state is changed. Thus the ship will not loose its movement speed when a key is not pressed.

Toggle ship speed will be used more.

I also suggest to sum vectors, otherwise this feature would be pointless.

The ship rotation will remain the same since there are auxilliary thrusters.

(Bigger amount of energy will be spent on afterburners or not)

1. No noise in the space, only ship warning sounds.

which means silent explosions outside the ship

1. Ramping into ships will be a serious and more punishing.

This has been suggested many times but as of now, the engine wouldn’t allow it without some serious tweaking it would seem.

I personally would love this but the devs have other plans atm.

11 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

This has been suggested many times but as of now, the engine wouldn’t allow it without some serious tweaking it would seem.

I personally would love this but the devs have other plans atm.

Engine well allows it, point is that newtonian physics are very boring to play, it would ruin what SC has and why we play it.

Pilots would spend more effort fighting controls of own ship rather than enjoyng a pew pew pew

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Engine well allows it, point is that newtonian physics are very boring to play, it would ruin what SC has and why we play it.

Pilots would spend more effort fighting controls of own ship rather than enjoyng a pew pew pew

Nah it’s not boring. But in SC, turrets can rotate instead of just shooting forward, so it’s not needed although it would be cool for the expert control.

But with the current physics we have the combination of free aim and both forward/afterburners toggles that does roughly the same.

What we need is a free aim toggle that can maintain the speed by itself instead of having to press constantly 3 buttons (forward + afterburners + free aim). 

But well. You can learn to play with “Increase/Decrease speed progressively”, and afterburners toogle, both horizontal and vertical manual rotations and a permanent use of free aim. And once you master it, enjoy being able to both escape and attack at the same time.

I’d suggest to only do it with a mouse that have at least 2 optional buttons and a “script” to permanently press the free aim button.

1 > 4 = modules and 5 = special

the 2 mouse buttons = Increase/Decrease speed (progressively or not, it’s up to you)

q-e = unchanged (rotation on forward axis)

a-d = horizontal rotation

alt-space = unchanged (vertical translation)

z-x = horizontal translation

w-s = vertical rotation

Shift = afterburners (toggle or not, up to you too)

Be aware that gives much more complexity to the controls because the mouse doesn’t control your ship anymore, and you need to move manually.

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Engine well allows it, point is that newtonian physics are very boring to play , it would ruin what SC has and why we play it.

that’s why I suggest it only partly implemented and only for rank 15 where skilled players stay

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

Be aware that gives much more complexity to the controls because the mouse doesn’t control your ship anymore, and you need to move manually.

that is really great idea, I didn’t think about it, well the mouse will serve as aiming and adjusting, quite brilliant :slight_smile:

45 minutes ago, LeYasashii said:

that’s why I suggest it only partly implemented and only for rank 15 where skilled players stay

That is why it should not be implemented at all.

The only problem with my setup is the “Roll”. God knows why, but the camera rotate with the q-e rotation even in free aim. And it’s stupid. 

3 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

What we need is a free aim toggle that can maintain the speed by itself instead of having to press constantly 3 buttons (forward + afterburners + free aim). 

But well. You can learn to play with “Increase/Decrease speed progressively”, and afterburners toogle, both horizontal and vertical manual rotations and a permanent use of free aim. And once you master it, enjoy being able to both escape and attack at the same time.

You can set to cruise max speed with a single key, as well to reduce to 0. It requires to press once 2 keys to go at full speed (max speed and auto AB), then you have your hands free to activate free aim (i would like a toggle for this like destroyers have) and pitch keys…and perhaps roll/strafe/active modules if your keyboard and the keybinding setup allows it.

2 hours ago, LeYasashii said:

Implying that people in R15 arent looking for an already skill demanding fast paced game. This means R15 would be the boring rank no one would like to play…good to waste a lot of cool ships, but hey, we still got R13 and 14 that can face R15 and wreck them.

As kost sayed, the flight mechanics is one of the things that makes SC unique/fast/challenging/fun/dynamic, and changing it would transform it into another game i highly doubt the majority of players would like (saying it nicely). Star citizen or elite dangerous would seem a better option if your rig can handle it.

1 hour ago, Papitas said:

You can set to cruise max speed with a single key, as well to reduce to 0. It requires to press once 2 keys to go at full speed (max speed and auto AB), then you have your hands free to activate free aim (i would like a toggle for this like destroyers have) and pitch keys…and perhaps roll/strafe/active modules if your keyboard and the keybinding setup allows it.

That’s what I said isn’t it ?

But well, it’s pretty much impossible to use because of how work the roll under free aim (also rotate the camera, and even worst, it’s on the camera’s foward axis, which make it REALLY confusing). And you can’t really skip this key, because the roll is really important without the mouse.

Ok, I get it, got roasted but anyway I think the rank 15 battles should be separated and featured with unique mechanics

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 10:27 AM, xKostyan said:

I think you should add an option to enable or disable Newtonian Physics for those who like or dislike them, that would fix your problem.  That is my only complaint so far, that it can be hard to dogfight without it.