Questions to the Devs (No discussions)

Here you can ask questions about the game and I will try to foward them to the Devs.

No discussions in here.

1. How does the Armory/Resitances mechanic work exactly? Im adding Units to booth shield and hull but i dont know how they affect the incoming damage. In addition, how do these units stack together? As an example, i add 100 resistance to any type of damage to my shield how will a hit of 1000 damage be affected? The shield has no basic resistance.

2. I heard that it is planned to add detailed descriptions to the ship stats. Is there any ETA for it? How many stats will be shown then?

3. Since EMP is best against Shields and Kinetic best against hull how does the damage scale exactly to shield and hull for those weapons? Also how effective is Thermal against shield and hull?

1. How does the Armory/Resitances mechanic work exactly? Im adding Units to booth shield and hull but i dont know how they affect the incoming damage. In addition, how do these units stack together? As an example, i add 100 resistance to any type of damage to my shield how will a hit of 1000 damage be affected? The shield has no basic resistance.

2. I heard that it is planned to add detailed descriptions to the ship stats. Is there any ETA for it? How many stats will be shown then?

3. Since EMP is best against Shields and Kinetic best against hull how does the damage scale exactly to shield and hull for those weapons? Also how effective is Thermal against shield and hull?

About the 3rd point I would add:

Considering an hull and shield without added resistance, do a kinetic weapon deal the same damage to the shield as it’s EMP counterpart to the hull?

About the 3rd point I would add:

Considering an hull and shield without added resistance, do a kinetic weapon deal the same damage to the shield as it’s EMP counterpart to the hull?

Nah it is designed that the shield is effected by E.M.P more and hull by kinetic, that is just logical.

Thermal damage is the “jack of all trades” damage type, the middle ground between kinetic and E.M.P.

It is a decent fallback damage type when you don’t know what you will be up against, but when you do know what you are facing it is better to use a specific damage type that is suitable for the conflict.

Yeah I do know that I was talking about if the damage Kinetic do to SHIELDS and E.M.P to HULL, because sometimes it seems like kinetic does more damage to shields than EMP to hull, but that’s just my impression.

Yeah I do know that I was talking about if the damage Kinetic do to SHIELDS and E.M.P to HULL, because sometimes it seems like kinetic does more damage to shields than EMP to hull, but that’s just my impression.

Probably depends on what the target is using for modules, perhaps they set shield modules that boost for a different resistance?

Im not shure but EMP might deal 100% to shield and something about 70% to hull. Vise versa for Kinetik. But the last battles i used thermal shells for my rail and they deal up to 100% to booth shield and hull, also nearly the same damage if i switch back to kinetic damage. Thats the reason why im asking this question. We dont know how these weapons scale agains hull or shield exactly.

Im not shure but EMP might deal 100% to shield and something about 70% to hull. Vise versa for Kinetik. But the last battles i used thermal shells for my rail and they deal up to 100% to booth shield and hull, also nearly the same damage if i switch back to kinetic damage. Thats the reason why im asking this question. We dont know how these weapons scale agains hull or shield exactly.

I just assume it is half damage. Why do we have to know, if we know what weapons work better against what ~ then why do we need to know the actual numbers? Metagame, perhaps, but that is what I am wondering.

So, basically what I am thinking is that Thermal is the All around damage, it isn’t “the highest damage type” it is just an all around damage type.

This is what I assume:

Shield / Hull

Kinetic: 50% 100%

Thermal: 50% 50%

E.M.P: 100% 50%

Someone knows how works the hull tunning module “Passive armor”? The description says it increases passive hull regeneration by 45% and -8 points to all resistances, but for now the only way I know to get passive hull regeneration is to fit “Regenerative coating” on this same hull tunning slot.

So is this module useless without the possibility to fit 2 hull tunning modules at the same time?

Someone knows how works the hull tunning module “Passive armor”? The description says it increases passive hull regeneration by 45% and -8 points to all resistances, but for now the only way I know to get passive hull regeneration is to fit “Regenerative coating” on this same hull tunning slot.

So is this module useless without the possibility to fit 2 hull tunning modules at the same time?

I think It’s a false description.

I think It’s a false description.

I’ve made a bit of testing and seems that this module also does not buff any kind of hull repair/heal/regeneration. Please tell the makers that it’s broken! And thx for replying so fast.

Actually i thought it changed in a patch from energy replenishment to hull regen buff. :confused:

same here mate, imo thermals doing 100% for both, just you dont see it so clearly when shooting laser, cuz you have to keep beam for a while on target.

Shield / Hull

Kinetic: 50% 100%

Thermal: 50% 50%

E.M.P: 100% 50%

is false for thermal. im pretty sure of that.

and my question about some skills in frogate tree, where armor is incresed by 1500 and more… what does it exactly mean ? there is no proper description

and my question about some skills in frogate tree, where armor is incresed by 1500 and more… what does it exactly mean ? there is no proper description

It means 15%, the skill tree has a lot of issues that’s why there will be a new one in the future.

so if we have that kind of skills, it would be nice to get any description about each def stat for each ship. 15% of armor, but how much armor frigate or attack ship got ? good to keep in mind when dev will change descriptions.

when i have all ships from faction and i have + 400% for reputation, what exactly? from fight? from contracts ? cuz when i get 100 after lost game i get 100 in hangar, when im getting 1000 for win, its 1000 in hangar, how exactly is it working ?

when i have all ships from faction and i have + 400% for reputation, what exactly? from fight? from contracts ? cuz when i get 100 after lost game i get 100 in hangar, when im getting 1000 for win, its 1000 in hangar, how exactly is it working ?

400% means that you get 400% of the reputation value for each win. To get 400% bonus you need to use 3 ships of the faction you have signed in.

ok got it, thanks Error

another question. what is XP cap. it is any.

e…I really want to know what is frigate survivability module?There is a skill named wall which can faster the recharge of the frigate survivability module,but I never find frigate survivability module