Questions about T3 engineer frigate loadout

I’m definitely doing better with the Positron cannon. I still can’t hit interceptors though…

Any tips on how to take on those annoying *bee’s?* (I always imagine a buzzing sound when one is circling around me)

It comes down to your aiming and precision. Practice is all what you need. Also, more critical chance and critical damage will come in handy.

Drop at least one armor plated hull for a single type resist

This does depend on his implants…

I’m definitely doing better with the Positron cannon. I still can’t hit interceptors though…

Any tips on how to take on those annoying *bee’s?* (I always imagine a buzzing sound when one is circling around me)

If you are using drones in the missile slot and the ceptor pilot is not smart enough to shoot a couple of missiles to take out the drones before starting the orbit of death, al you have to do is move a lot so you can lock him and also to make you a dificult target. The drones will start to shoot him and either he dies or retreats to a more easy target. 

My current implants are:

Jericho 1

Empire 2

Jericho 3

Empire 4,5,6,7

Jericho 8

Empire 9

IMO your Jeri implants and Gigas II should provide you with enough resistances. But it does depend on your playstyle: you have a decent amount of resistances and quite a lot of HP, so you need time to heal up after tanking massive damage. 

IMO your Jeri implants and Gigas II should provide you with enough resistances. But it does depend on your playstyle: you have a decent amount of resistances and quite a lot of HP, so you need time to heal up after tanking massive damage. 

As stated above  You really need to BE AWARE - Empire Hull heal is EXTREMELY SLOW.

I’ve posted my specs in the screenshots below. That should clear things up and give you guys idea’s on where I can improve my can 'o bolts

(And yes I know, a lot of unupgraded stuff. I just got in T3)

post-240835-0-96018900-1387465587.jpg

post-240835-0-15267800-1387465589.jpg

post-240835-0-98199200-1387465589.jpg

Just a suggestion as it may not suit the style you may want for your “can’o bolts”  

But the rotational to confront the pesky bee’s might want to look at vanier engines for rotational speed   Specially since you lost some with the use of galvanized amour.

In the capactor slot it never hurts to have excess capactor for energy … energy is your ally … your savor … run out and you will soon become toast when under duress. 

Just a suggestion as it may not suit the style you may want for your “can’o bolts”  

But the rotational to confront the pesky bee’s might want to look at vanier engines for rotational speed   Specially since you lost some with the use of galvanized amour.

In the capactor slot it never hurts to have excess capactor for energy … energy is your ally … your savor … run out and you will soon become toast when under duress. 

I thought you don’t need extra energy/ energy regen with the Energy Emitter’s aura. 

For the Rank 6 implant, either Federation or Jericho are far better choices, one to increase your critical damage or the other to increase your firing speed.

I thought you don’t need extra energy/ energy regen with the Energy Emitter’s aura. 

:facepalm: aah your right…  the Styx also has 30% more capacity.      I have the accelorator coil in mine as I use the Coil Mortar    

Hmmm Positron with Acc. Coils, Rank 6 Jerry implant and speed bullets… Pew Pew them inties ;)wt

tEdmHWv.jpg

(BTW these days I always have a speed booster: works wonders for all the ships I fly, including the Styx. So that explains the higher-than-normal speed. Adding diamond coating pushes the survivability over 70k, but DC doesn’t benefit my other ships so I rarely use it.)

I have over 8k projectile speed for positrons, which are useful for fending off intys. If I switch to coil mortars, the projectile speed is also high enough for me to hit intys.

tEdmHWv.jpg

(BTW these days I always have a speed booster: works wonders for all the ships I fly, including the Styx. So that explains the higher-than-normal speed. Adding diamond coating pushes the survivability over 70k, but DC doesn’t benefit my other ships so I rarely use it.)

I have over 8k projectile speed for positrons, which are useful for fending off intys. If I switch to coil mortars, the projectile speed is also high enough for me to hit intys.

I would call the one above (Jaxcis)  and  Residente’s Styx build the “GOLD IMAGE”  or TEMPLATE to use  

I prefer mine personally, but at least half of my modules are different

I prefer mine personally, but at least half of my modules are different

Our engies excel in different aspects, and if your build complements your playstyle then it’s perfect for you. I’m interested in seeing your build =D

I would call the one above (Jaxcis)  and  Residente’s Styx build the “GOLD IMAGE”  or TEMPLATE to use  

Indeed, the Positron with some increased projectile speed lets me finally hit enemy interceptors. I’m definitely going to use this build except for the ‘reduced control-inhibiting effects’ things (seems too situational to me)

Indeed, the Positron with some increased projectile speed lets me finally hit enemy interceptors. I’m definitely going to use this build except for the ‘reduced control-inhibiting effects’ things (seems too situational to me)

Horizons (range) or iR scanners (crit chance) are both fun to have. But alas I tend to attract too many ECMs so proton wall is in no way situational for me ㅠ^ㅠ

Our engies excel in different aspects, and if your build complements your playstyle then it’s perfect for you. I’m interested in seeing your build =D

if i could post it i would. But it relies on base 100 resist to all damage, and goes from there.

hers the thing to understand about resitance.

One point of resistance is worth 1% hull strength if you go pure resist or pure hull/sheild strength.

In general to maximize the amount of damage it takes to kill you you want your bonus hull/sheild strength, and resistances to be as close to each other as posible.

ie if you have +100 resist and 1000 hp, it takes 2000 damage to kill you.  If you have 1000 base hp and +100% strength then thats 2000 hp and it takes 2000 damage to kill you.  If instead you had 1000 base hp, +50 resist and +50% hull strenth, it would take 2250 damage to kill you.

However, hull/sheild strength does not give you any bonus to regeneration, resist does (because each point regenerated benifits from the resist, so each regenerated point of hull/sheild takes more than one point of damage to remove).

So when have regeneration you should favor resistance some.  The more regneration you have, the more you should favor resist.  Engineers, due to their modules tend to have a lot of regeneration, thus, while you should still mix +strength and +resist, you should favor resist increases signifigantly when in an engineer.