Question to the Devs - Exact Purpose of Engineers?.

2 hours ago, Progenitor2 said:

Time and resources spend, should be rewarded.

Spoiler

We already have enough p2w complainers. The reason why anyone would farm for an expensive ship like that is the ability to play a completely different mechanic and tactic and nothing else, the ships should always remain equal to their counterparts in terms of plain stats like hull/shield points and resistances (to some extent).

Its not aP2W complaint. To my understanding he’s raising questions of logic, consistence, and argues his case. Its also about the progress of relative balance in SC, as to balance in SC is a seasonal thing, globally, in regard of one’s engineer ship in PvP,PvE,CO-OP etc. Bots stats change, meta changes, back and forth -lots of love from the devs for the small quick ships and damage dealers.

He’s an Engineer-frigate fan and wants some good things to come for this ship type eventually and is not asking for OP.

Was it not the fact, that my Waz’Got serves me well in open space, PvP,PvE etc. and the hope that Engineers will receive good things like the OP long range kill-farm frames using the Thermal Energy Burner OP madness, maybe I would feel like him. But maybe I would switch to use a good quick Guard frigate build.

Yes, Guards got some love, its very well time for some Engineer love, too. I would like at least to see an update for Engineers that enables them to at least survive in open space and have lots of reasonable and useful drone options (for neighther Brokk, nor Waz’Got are the answers to an ultimate Frigate:Engineer update in SC Journey 1.5.x or 2.0) …

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Reveal hidden contents

We already have enough p2w complainers. The reason why anyone would farm for an expensive ship like that is the ability to play a completely different mechanic and tactic and nothing else, the ships should always remain equal to their counterparts in terms of plain stats like hull/shield points and resistances (to some extent).

I was refering to those Engineers that are crafted and uses up more components then a R8 destroyer, should’nt be so easily killed by a basic fighter

that was easily bought with credits or P2W money (premium ships).  A ship like the Octopus should be more then a match for any fighter or even basic frigate

to take on 1v1 - but they just die like the rest… painfully and fast.

And here’s another issue with engineers.

To repair well with them, you need a high capacitor, which means most likely the pilot will use atleast 1 Cap and 1 shieldslot for increasing the cap,

and this drops the survivability of the Engineer substantially because they’re left with either 1 or 0 slots  for defense.

Or are you going to fly an engineer with 1500 cap that repairs for nothing ?

There is also the matter of fact that people say “Any good pvper will target the Engineer first”  - makes sense.

However… the Engineer has a 3100 range on the Multipurpose modules used for teamrepairs and boosts,

which means that the majority of maps if the Engineer is wants to be of ANY use at all, they need to be flying where there isn’t anything

to hide behind, no cover… and being an easy target for a 3second death…  missile incoming ´+ snipershot and you’re dead.

Whenever i do the pvp-dailyu and end up in those open maps like Bombcarry or capture beacon, it’s a slaughter on my Engineer, the moment i peak my ship

up from any rock to try and assist my team that’s 10km away,  i get shot down before i’m even close enough.  And should i by chance be lucky and sneak up

to a beacon where my team is… my Engineer is instantly targeted, modules turned off and … no repairs dead engineer.

All it takes is ONE fighter, and you’re toast no matter if you pop the repairs or not.  Several of my deaths has been due to ONE fighter singeling me out.

And no… Engineers aren’t agile enough to dance around objects to avoid fighters, they’re like a beached whale in space.

You have to get into your head almost all entities in the game have it’s proper time to shine, meaning that Engineer is NOT always a good pick, meaning that Uber agile recon is NOT always a good pick, Cruise tacklers are not always great, Mauler with positrons is NOT always a good pick and so on and so forth for pretty much everything in the game, this is the whole reason for players to have 4 ship slots. There is no such thing “I like X so I am gonna play it regardless” and expect to be useful to your team every single time.

40 minutes ago, Progenitor2 said:

Whenever i do the pvp-dailyu and end up in those open maps like Bombcarry or capture beacon, it’s a slaughter on my Engineer, the moment i peak my ship

up from any rock to try and assist my team that’s 10km away,  i get shot down before i’m even close enough.  And should i by chance be lucky and sneak up

to a beacon where my team is… my Engineer is instantly targeted, modules turned off and … no repairs dead engineer.

You just described how bad the Engineer in such situation is and yet you still pick it, becoming a dead weight to your team. 

Again, there is no such thing as being equally useful to the team every single time while using the same thing.

2 hours ago, Progenitor2 said:

All it takes is ONE fighter, and you’re toast no matter if you pop the repairs or not.  Several of my deaths has been due to ONE fighter singeling me out.

And no… Engineers aren’t agile enough to dance around objects to avoid fighters, they’re like a beached whale in space.

Yes - its called easy engi victim.

It was somehow addressed with the introduction of the Phoenix, which can switch its 3 drones from heal mode to attack/defense mode. Also. good Styx pilot mostly can avoid your scenario, but do not have 100% survival chance.

And even better it got addressed with the introduction of the Waz’Got: sneaking up inties mostly end up dead now, so basically it requires skills and timing to singly take down a Wazzi

1 minute ago, avarshina said:

Yes - its called easy engi victim.

Exactly my point, easy engi victim.  But an engineer that costs as much to build as the Octopus, shouldn’t BE an easy victim.

28 minutes ago, Progenitor2 said:

Exactly my point, easy engi victim.  But an engineer that costs as much to build as the Octopus, shouldn’t BE an easy victim.

A CovertOps as expensive as the Peregrine should be able to make anything a easy victim. /s

You see progenitor what John is telling you? A special ship doesn’t make you a superior - that goes with skills.

The Octopus special project ship is costly, yes, but still it inherits the pros and cons of its class/subclass. And the aim to balance the game can not be overruled by your argument, that a costly build must be somewhat supererior.

But look, with the special project ships you get the freedom to build your dream engineer frame because you can custom fit the passive module slots distribution. So you get something. And wait until the new updates will bring new stuff for the engineer subclass the next days/weeks

10 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Mauler with positrons is NOT  IS always a good pick