[Priority Issue] Loot in all of it's trashiness

So far id say that we could all agree that loot from literally every gamemode is essentially like winning a marathon and getting a mud-pie as a trophy. The only worth-while Loot is daily purple spots and they only appear in PvE modes. Even then they aren’t useful 90% of the time. I suggest a massive overhaul for loot. This needs to happen soon as well!

First of all, the loot tables themselves need to be completely changed. Standard spots need to no longer grant trophies that are actual trash. Credit loot is fun and all, but only as a battle payout, not as a loot-obstructing mess. Loot spots should instead only give useful items like crafting materials and kits, as well as the occasional blueprint/rare item. Credit loot should only exist within the loot tables as rare 100k+ items. Purple spots also need a revamp. Kits are plentiful enoug as-is from blue spots, so purple spots only need to drop blueprints, ship parts, and very rare resources like live crystals and Monocrystals. I’m sure you can think of more worth-while drops than an “upgrade kit” for something you either already have or don’t want to have. I enjoyed the game much more back when you got actual weapons and modules from drops instead of “upgrade kits”. I say that upgrade kits need to be restricted to blue spots, and that purple spots be able to drop actual usable items. Possibly even items that are otherwise unobtainable, like secret pirate modules and modified weapons. This would also reduce the P2W aspect of the game, as all players regardless of paying status would be able to get these items just as quickly.

Loyalty voucher drops are just as trashy too. The rarest drop gives as much loyalty as a standard R8 contract, so they aren’t exactly helpful.

Another problem with loot is the introduction of premium ship parts. They are seldom found after battle even with four ships of proper rank and they need a dedicated loot aspect. Either allow the user to trade something for parts (besides gold ofc) or give ship parts a dedicated mission that isn’t daily. Daily missions are crap. Don’t do that. Bad. Especially given that for a T3 ship you need 400 parts of which you -might- get a few per day if you’re lucky and play very often.

There are several other problems with loot and grind that need to be addressed as well, but these are the ones that need to be addressed ASAP.

Any relevant thoughts or comments are welcome.

As for Open Space loot too… Cargo Drones need to be in EVERY sector at every gate and stuff should autosell when going through a Warp Gate.  I risked my hull to get that crappy 4000 credit pickup, I’d like to keep it and not be forced to use the clunky interface to pause and drop it from my cargo.

Yes, I agree with you.  Trophies should only be HIGH credit trophies and should give resources, components, parts etc.

At least, the credit rewards should be converted directly to credits upon you get them. i think this change could give a more dynamic gameplay. They are trash, so most of the players thow away this containers.

3 minutes ago, ntboble said:

At least, the credit rewards should be converted directly to credits upon you get them. i think this change could give a more dynamic gameplay. They are trash, so most of the players thow away this containers.

I assume you’re referring to my comment?

I don’t get it. You can find 7000 credits from a rock but then you find a Shield Projector trophy but that somehow isn’t converted into credits until you’re back at the station. Do ships have a metal refining unit on board I’m unaware of?

11 minutes ago, Phalnax811 said:

I assume you’re referring to my comment?

I don’t get it. You can find 7000 credits from a rock but then you find a Shield Projector trophy but that somehow isn’t converted into credits until you’re back at the station. Do ships have a metal refining unit on board I’m unaware of?

I was answering TheDarkRedFox and your reply apeared, Phalnax8111. Then i was answering to both.  ![:001:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001.png “:001:”)

The ships hasn’t anything to recycle “credit loot”, but they are more a nuisance to players than anything else.

Also keep in mind that I’m primarily talking about PvP and PvE in this topic. But OS loot does also suck.

2 hours ago, ntboble said:

I was answering TheDarkRedFox and your reply apeared, Phalnax8111. Then i was answering to both.  ![:001:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001.png “:001:”)

The ships hasn’t anything to recycle “credit loot”, but they are more a nuisance to players than anything else.

42 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Also keep in mind that I’m primarily talking about PvP and PvE in this topic. But OS loot does also suck.

Yeah even in the end screen for a Rank 9ish PVE battle and I get a 4000 credit trophy or a Vanadium…

Kp6RN00.png

3 hours ago, Phalnax811 said:

Yeah even in the end screen for a Rank 9ish PVE battle and I get a 4000 credit trophy or a Vanadium…

I don’t blame devs of anything. They have the game they want and they have the amount of players which want to play their game. Loot in PVP is quite dynamic. It is turned into credits. In OS you have to choose between keeping these “credit containters” wasting space in your cargo bay or manually dropping them. It only adds waste of time in a game mode needed of more dynamic gameplay. In short is boring.

You already get rewards from completing the game. Seems more like the “waste” comes from the time you take to open all trophies. I still believe single clicking them should be enough (and i see them as bonus, not a should-be-granted reward).

Anyways i came here cause i thought it was meant for OS. I see plenty of players (and myself) simply not picking up containers because it takes quite some time and most likely you wont get anything good…how about adding a certaing sign that indicates certain cargo is worthy to pick (not too picky criteria), like a different color telling you theres something you probably want to pick (something like it has been in diablo since its first release: white, blue, yellow, golden and gree letters according to item “quality/rarity”). For SC i would simply add 1 color and mark everything that worths less than 100k as white (not including materials, only credit loot), the rest as blue or so. Suppressing low worth items are not the way to go, since it messes up with loot chances (or it would translate in ships not dropping cargo very often) and theres always a fresh started player that will find helpfull those containers.

I quite like upgrade kits as loot. But this credits-trash…
I mean you get 200k+ per PvE and then you get something trashy like 5-20k in total from your loot additionally…
In OS it would help a lot with the color, but a better/additonal help would be if the resources stack so you can have 2857 shards as ONE lootslot instead filling your 5 spaces with just 5 shards…
To the pirate ones: You can farm them easy(w/o scanner) sealed container and such stuff contain them in rare circumstances. And all other bps can be obtained with Spec Ops (T4+).

12 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

In OS it would help a lot with the color, but a better/additonal help would be if the resources stack so you can have 2857 shards as ONE lootslot instead filling your 5 spaces with just 5 shards…

Thats a very nice idea too…i believe it was suggested long ago for materials.

Yep. It has been suggested several times. I can only hope the devs actually approved it for the upcoming OS update.