Premium ships lowers matchmaking rating

I am really tired of this. I know, it was designed like that for long time now, but its abused. Premium ship counts as ship one rank lower than it is (rank 9 desert eagle counts like rank 8 wolf). This allow full purple 4 man squads with really high SR to match with low SR pugs. Yesterday situation - 4 man squad of members with >1800 SR was matched with 1100-1200 guys with no squad only because of gold ships in the active slots. I dont think its fair.

The same hangar with desert eagle (not purple; I have barely purple modules at all.)

anp5.jpg

Same hangar with Wolf-M in:

161xm44.jpg

My SR is 1260. See the differences in queues it tries to fit me in?

There’s a little bit of pay to win in most f2p games. We should be glad it’s so little over here. IMHO.

Either way not a bug.

Truth is in the current matchmaking iteration, 4x man R8 or 4x man R9 are almost identical for matchmaking, R33 and R35 are pretty much equal now, they might have equipped all R9s with purples and ended up in the same game.

Truth is in the current matchmaking iteration, 4x man R8 or 4x man R9 are almost identical for matchmaking, R33 and R35 are pretty much equal now, they might have equipped all R9s with purples and ended up in the same game.

I dont think so. R9 squad have a slight chance of meeting T4s, while R8 and gold R9 doesnt.

There’s a little bit of pay to win in most f2p games. We should be glad it’s so little over here. IMHO.

Either way not a bug.

I know its not a bug. But it’s not fair after all. Strong squads should meet other strong players, not weak ones because MM lower rating of gold ship.

I dont think so. R9 squad have a slight chance of meeting T4s, while R8 and gold R9 doesnt.

I know its not a bug. But it’s not fair after all. Strong squads should meet other strong players, not weak ones because MM lower rating of gold ship.

Not anymore

Squad MM modifier has been reduced greatly or completely removed

Not long ago

• 4x R8/Prem squad would have had 35 MM rating, and now it is 33

• 4x R9 squad would have had 37 MM rating, now it is a 35

35-37 is a step up with squads being pushed up in tiers more often, while 33-35 is almost identical within a T3

By doing so they basically removed “pay2win” complains about prem T3 ships, since it is pretty much non existent in current setting.

i used that command before. but after a patch it dissapeared.

whats the command to get that hopup again? 

Yep, ever since they’ve fixed the MM 4x R9 has been 100% T3 matches. This thread is technically irrelevant now.

i used that command before. but after a patch it dissapeared.

whats the command to get that hopup again?

I believe they have disabled the console command, but it is still working for those that had it ON before. I think it is possible to have it ON by editing Config file

i had it on before it was removed.

i never took it away, it just dissapeared after a patch. it was when this lvl 1-15 ships where people where currently playing. showing upp in MM. when u press Launch. 

Oh, nono no, NO WAY premium ships are pay to win. They’re not really any better than normal ships of the same rank, but if they are, All you have to do is use your MASSIVE sector conquest gold payouts to get all the best premium ships. like seriously, it gives a ridiculous amount of gold, you can paint a tier 1 ship after a mere 2 months of SecCon gold income.

SR 1300, Parallax + Kris AE + Styx, and I’m in the 9 to 11 queue.

SR 1300, Parallax + Kris AE + Styx, and I’m in the 9 to 11 queue.

Replace kris ae into kris and you will be in que lower.

Or I could get a Spirit and a Phoenix…

Nope, Styx is still rank 9.

And about the 9-11 queue, it still gives you t3 games and hardly a t4 (not sure about weak hours with low players online).

What was the weapon on the Wolf-M?  If I remember right, MM is supposed to only count your “highest” ranked ship.  An all purple wolf would count higher than the Desert Eagle.  Synergy levels influence it I think, so a “new” ship to you isn’t instantly pushed up into higher queues.  Once you fly it some it counts as higher.  What’s the synergy level on your Wolf?

What was the weapon on the Wolf-M? If I remember right, MM is supposed to only count your “highest” ranked ship. An all purple wolf would count higher than the Desert Eagle. Synergy levels influence it I think, so a “new” ship to you isn’t instantly pushed up into higher queues. Once you fly it some it counts as higher. What’s the synergy level on your Wolf?

My Wolf is maxed out, on this screen it have no modules At all, I use blue bubblecannon or ions on it.

Edit: I checked - Wolf and desert eagle used the same time ques in 9-11. Topic is indeed irrevelant, but please dont close It yet

Why not? You can fly R9 now in 4men squad and face 0 T4. Isn’t it what almost everyone wanted? Locked tiers.

The thread is indeed quite irrelevant now…

It’s an abuse of the system.  Any abuse, of any kind, can ruin the game.

It’s not an abuse of the system. It is not a bug. Premiumships are working as intended. I will move this topic to the game discussion section.

Premiumships are working as intended

But dont you think that R9 ship should actually count as other R9s?